Nokia Lumia 800 GPRS/3G Issues on Airtel

Calling all Nokia owners on Airtel.. wanted to check if anyone has faced issue with GPRS/3G connectivity. My setting are all correct and I have toggled various combinations E/3G as well as with APN settting - airtelgprs.com but without any luck. Most of the apps/mailboxes do not work except for my office mailbox and whatsapp, sometimes.

I checked online for similar issues and came across several posts/complaints regarding Failtel and Lumia 800 having known compabilitiy issue with data plan. I even tried 2G / 3G plans to see if either one helps but without any luck.

Had faced this issue in the past and had got it resolved by entering APN in Nokia Network Setup app. When I got issue time, approx 2 weeks back, I toggled that app with APN settings but it did not help. Finally i uninstalled the app suspecting it to be the issue, but still no go. Now I am not able to find that app since India Marketplace does not support it. Shall try changing country and installing it, if possible, though i didn't get luck on selecting US.

However, everything works flawless using Wi-Fi.

Any suggestions besides dumping Failtel since I am on corporate plan and pricing is really attractive.

okay.. looks like got this resolved for now..

Called up Nokia Care and they gave some alternate settings to replace with. Too bad no one at Airtel suggested this -

APN: airtelfun.comProxy server/url: 100.1.200.99
Port: 8080

Lastly, very important final step, switch off the phone for 5 minutes and then restart. Works great !

Back