Android Nokia XL (Dual Sim) - Impressions ?

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
I have some questions around this phone:

Link:
http://www.flipkart.com/nokia-xl/p/itmdu4hen83avmzm

How is this phone in terms of usage and UI fluidity. Since it is running on Android OS. Also it is dual sim. For EDGE/3G to be working, does one need to take the data pack on both SIMS, or taking it on one SIM will suffice. Does it need to be on the primary SIM (of course they can be swapped around). Any other feedback..? How is it for VFM, and how much is the battery back with talk time. The person will be doing ~ 50-60 calls x 5 mins per day Will this suffice, with it engaging the web also for data transfer (just mails - but not too much, and the usual bundled apps).

Other options for dual sims in the range of 8-11K.

Thanks...!

Avoid this phone. Its not getting upgrade to nokia's next os. They are launching something else instead.

if you want windows os looking phone, get a damn windows phone.

First of all this is not an Android phone. Its a ROM based on AOSP.

Anyways, A friend of mine has this phone and he is planning to sell this ASAP and get a Moto E. It would be a better investment than this phone.

Will the current OS not be good enough.?
You can do better.

Its tempting to say zenfone wins but that is only true in terms of space and games. There are other quirks here which may be more important. reading looks good on a bigger screen. Question is how big is enough and how small is too small.

50-60 calls a day means call quality should be good, loud enough and the phone should be comfortable to hold ie light in weight, downside is less battery, a smaller screen and a phone with curved edges instead of a blocky phone, looks are secondary.

Nokia 525 is also another good contender if OS isn't a constraint. Better all round than e. wp8.1 is an important update but am not sure if its out as yet for the 525.

Will it be fine for non-power users.
Which phone are they using currently ?

Last edited:
Guys..what is the deal on Moto G. Most shop keepers are saying there is no warranty in India.?
Most physical shops are trying to make people anti-Flipkart since they cannot match the prices. So for them, whatever sells on flipkart = no warranty in India (be it fact or fiction)

A person in my dad's office who has a side business in supplying computer hardware is spreading rumors that whatever we buy from Flipkart, none have warranty. The people in his office are non tech people. Hence many believed him. He even claimed that the reason for no warranty is because flipkart gives bill without proper TIN no.
My father told me this and I took out every bill that I had got till now - Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal to show that every bill was VAT paid and had TIN no.

Thanks to my standing as a tech geek, was able to make the guys at my dad's office believe that products bought from Flipkart will have warranty. [emoji41]

^^
Ya, all said FK is illegal to sell Motorola. And he said Motorola has no service centers in India. This was at Chroma...!

Ya, all said FK is illegal to sell Motorola.
If someone says that, just show them the official MotorolaIndia twitter handle. Scroll down a bit, and you will easily spot a tweet linking to Flipkart - here's one from just 4 days back : https://twitter.com/MotorolaIndia/status/491543429940531201

Not noticed anybody commenting about the service centres actually. Will anyway be one of those multi-brand centres. And the first 30 days is covered by Flipkart anyway.

Most physical shops are trying to make people anti-Flipkart since they cannot match the prices. So for them, whatever sells on flipkart = no warranty in India (be it fact or fiction)

A person in my dad's office who has a side business in supplying computer hardware is spreading rumors that whatever we buy from Flipkart, none have warranty. The people in his office are non tech people. Hence many believed him. He even claimed that the reason for no warranty is because flipkart gives bill without proper TIN no.
My father told me this and I took out every bill that I had got till now - Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal to show that every bill was VAT paid and had TIN no.
This is quite common and i've come across people that were unwilling to buy from fk for this reason.

Thanks to my standing as a tech geek, was able to make the guys at my dad's office believe that products bought from Flipkart will have warranty. [emoji41]
There is this designation known as 'authorised reseller'. If you buy from anyone other than WSRetail how will the service centre behave ?

FK is also a marketplace that allows others to sell.

Do the service centre's validate and see if the shop is an authorised reseller?

If they buy from anyone other than Flipkart, I think they get the bill prepared by that shop. That is even better for the customer since the service centres start creating problems when they see bills from Flipkart/Amazon.

As far as I remember, the Snapdeal sellers provide their own shop bills. Since there is no mention of Snapdeal, no problem(in my opinion).

Back