non CTS 2010 Cheques - Any extension in deadline

terence_fdes

wizened Dinosaur
Skilled
Hi,

This is URGENT.

Is there any extension to the deadline of July 31, 2013 for clearing non-cts2010 cheques.

I can't seem to find any update.

RBI note dated March 18, 2013 mentions July 31

Thanks
Terry

any clue @logistopath

[I need to urgently transfer all the balance from Bank of Baroda branch X - (and close the account) to Branch Y Bank of Baroda], same city. Branch X Account was very old and dormant and very far from my current residence.]

Last edited:

Thanks bro. We only hope that all banks 'accept and follow' this in practice. Quite often private banks are the first to raise objections and refuse clearing of cheques.

I am speaking also on behalf of a huge population of people who have no access to net-banking and retired-people/senior citizens who still operate their accounts from mofussil areas. Initiating a process for a new cheque-book is difficult for them.

In my case, I just need to make one final transfer of funds and for that purpose, it is useless to ask for a new cts-2010 cheque book.

I also found out that I can transfer the funds without using a cheque (as it is intra-bank), they have a separate deposit slip for such purposes.

In my society a banker himself presented Non cts cheque.When i brought to his notice.He said dont worry its my own bank cheque and i will leave no stone unturn to pass this cheque.The cheque was of 100 rupees. :p

We only hope that all banks 'accept and follow' this in practice. Quite often private banks are the first to raise objections and refuse clearing of cheques.
It depends on the bank the cheque is sent to for payment. If you ask that bank then it should be ok. Had this same issue yesterday.

Sometimes I find it so advantageous to be in a slow country. I had the same problem last week as I forgot my mediclaim and then saw the news about extension in Mint.
Thank you R.B.I.

It is indeed advantageous at times when things are adopted slowly. I got a call a couple of months ago asking me to deposit new CTS compliant cheques as security towards my personal loan. I said I will, and then forgot about it until I saw this thread. Thankfully, I haven't received any further calls, and now I can argue that the older cheques are still valid. :)

Goto the older branch and ask to transfer the balance to the other account using NEFT/Interbank Transfer. Since the cheques are given to BoB, they should accept nonCTS cheques.

Back