Security Software Norton Internet Security 2010 - availability and price?

P.Ping Tom

Disciple
Hi guys,

Any idea what I can expect to pay for Norton's latest 2010 Internet Security Suite here in Bombay? Would have gone for Kaspersky but quite a few ppl seem to think KIS is quite the resource hog, which actually is a bit of an issue for me. Not sure what the price of Norton is tho, but thought I'd find out to keep my options open. Feel free to give opinions on other brands or go off topic, just as long as you can answer my initial question. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

Going by the post it seems that you haven't tried KIS on your pc. I would suggest trying it on you computer to see if it really is a system hog. A few extra seconds of bootup time is well worth the quality of protection it offers and is a very cost effective solution for us here.

Norton is very expensive and you cannot download the trial without entering your credit card information. If you do not cancel the trial you will automatically be charged for the full version.

I have used norton in the past and it is a good security solution, but the prices will really put everyone off.

*I use KIS2010 on my machine .

Using Kaspersky IS for last one week and don't find it resource hungry. Earlier, had been using Avast along with ZA and Spybot for several years and find this single unit better. And the better part is that a single user pack of KIS 2010 is available for Rs.350/- plus shipping charge of Rs.60/-. Only problem so far is that the net connection is cut off once I open Outlook Express. Do any of you have any solution for this? Support from KIS is fast but following their directions didn't solve the issue.

Theitdepot - Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 Single User

No I haven't tried KIS as yet, which is why I was asking for ppl's thoughts. I know it's a steal at the price, and I don't mind the few extra seconds of start-up time. My concern is as to whether it will affect performance while my comp is running, as I'm usually running 5-6 programs/apps at the same time which kinda strectches my systems resources to begin with. If it doesn't affect performance in that scenario then of course KIS is a no-brainer. Thanks again for the input guys.

^^ I have seen many of my friends' PCs running KIS, and there is absolutely no lag/hang when they do multitasking. For better VFM, buy a 3 user pack of KIS 2010 at Rs.600, rather than a single user pack at Rs.350.

hp-india said:
^^ I have seen many of my friends' PCs running KIS, and there is absolutely no lag/hang when they do multitasking. For better VFM, buy a 3 user pack of KIS 2010 at Rs.600, rather than a single user pack at Rs.350.

what is the use of a 3 user pack
i bought 1 user pack from a local shop

Back