Not able to access 2TB Hard disk

technofast

Huh?
Adept
I have a 2TB Seagate internal hard disk. Sometime back when I started the system I got the read error and was not able to boot into the OS. The hard disk is visible in the bios but will not boot to OS. I am not sure how to run a chkdsk from bios. I removed the hard disk and connected it through an external hard disk casing and when I connected it through USB port I can see the drives listed but when I click on the drive letters it just freezes and nothing happens. Is there any way I can recover this hard disk. It is out of warranty.

How old is the disk?

Try seatools and do thorough analysis. Also download tools like HDtune and Hard disk sentinel and scan your disk and health.

It will give you clear views as to how much damage has been done, life remaining and still how far it can go.

Post pics.

Possibility is smart has failed and bad sectors.

Will recommend to delete/format those partitions and recover them using easeus partition manager.

Have done it many times and it worked.

Easy way is to first mount the hdd in another system and do chkdsk if it works then no need for above formatting and recovering stuff.

Back