CPU/Mobo Not able to Install OS

l33t

Adept
Guys I just purchased a new rig , following are the specs , but then I try to install Windows7-Ultimate-32Bit (Thats all I have atm) it doesnt seem to load , It loads the cd , reads the contents of the disc then it shows the W7 default wall paper and then KAPUT ! , nothing works .

The following is my config-

AMD Athlon X3-440
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
Corsair XMS3 4GB DDR3-1600Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD5670 -512MB
FSP SAGA II 500W

The following is what I've tried so far
1- Change the HDD - Did not work
2- Install OS with no GPU - Did not work
3-Swapped my XMS3 Memory with Corsair Value Ram - Did not work
4-Changed (replaced) the motherboard - tried with new - Did not work

Please tell me how I can logically solve this problem , since nothing (absolutely nothing seems to be working)

TYIA - Will be going to Aashirwad Computers tomorrow so please let me know what I can do.

Have u tried installing the OS with a different ODD? Do try this... and also check the OS dvd whether there are some scratches on the dvd or not which is causing this problem... And BTW do u get any error everytime when u try to install the win 7 OS...

Go to your Bios settings and try to find a setting called SATA mode. If its set to ahci try changing it to IDE. Installation should work after that.

Edit 1: You can also try to download and install AHCI preinstall drivers for windows 7 from here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3475#dl

Edit 2: After installation windows I will suggest changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0 to enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes else you may get BSOD when switching.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV

Hades. said:
Have u tried installing the OS with a different ODD? Do try this... and also check the OS dvd whether there are some scratches on the dvd or not which is causing this problem... And BTW do u get any error everytime when u try to install the win 7 OS...
Tried that , No avail , changed the ODD , tried with new ODD , Did not work.

arjun123 said:
Go to your Bios settings and try to find a setting called SATA mode. If its set to ahci try changing it to IDE. Installation should work after that.

Edit 1: You can also try to download and install AHCI preinstall drivers for windows 7 from here GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-880GM-UD2H (rev. 1.3)

Edit 2: After installation windows I will suggest changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0 to enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes else you may get BSOD when switching.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStorV
I actually got this message , During Startup , it wasnt an error so I did not bother ,and to add to that It was in Native IDE so I did not bother to do anything about It , I thought installation of drivers after the OS install will solve it, I will try installing AHCI preinstall drivers today and check how the comp reacts.

EDIT 2 : I did not understand, How do I set the values to 0 ? sysreg/regedit ? or through cmd ?

TY :)

Sorcy mentioned me there is something called HTPE which needs to be disabled before installing the OS, I forgot wether he told me to disable it / enable it :p , Can you please tell me what I need to be doing there in the bios ?

^That shouldn't be the cause here. It is possible to install a 32bit version with 4gigs of RAM.

leet, why don't you use a pen drive to install the OS? It is extremely easy and takes far lesser time. Download and use WinToFlash to make a bootable drive. Using the software is a walk in the park! Try using it and report back.

Desecrator said:
^That shouldn't be the cause here. It is possible to install a 32bit version with 4gigs of RAM.

leet, why don't you use a pen drive to install the OS? It is extremely easy and takes far lesser time. Download and use WinToFlash to make a bootable drive. Using the software is a walk in the park! Try using it and report back.

This one sounds awesome , Im going to install the 64 bit this way , will do that one day :)

@Hash/Vasim - Tried different DVD's- no luck

Sorry for the late replies guys , I have resolved the issue - My thanks goes out to all of you guys for assisting me - This is how I did it

1) Reported the problem to sorcy , since he has the same mobo - he told me to disable HPET (HPET) did that

2)As arjun pointed out installed the drivers before installing the OS (booted the sys through the driver dvd) then installed OS

:cool2:

Thank you all for replying .

Back