Notion Adam taking orders for Adam

elendil

Disciple
Got an email from Notion Ink last evening.

Pricing for India.
LCD-Wifi - INR 19000
LCD-Wifi-3g - 24000
PQi-Wifi - INR 24000
Pqi-Wifi-3g - INR 27000

Add INR 2999 for Shipping , Customs, Taxes & Handling Charges.

No real price drop. Is it worth it ??????

Here's a transcript of the email:
Dear Notion Ink Enthusiast

Greetings!

Here`s an opportunity for you to own one of the hottest tablets around -
The Notion Ink Adam!

First off, we have some really exciting news for you - Gingerbread 2.3, Eden 1.5, Amazon Kindle and Dolphin Browser HD!

We are proud to announce that the Adam now supports Gingerbread 2.3!

We have also gone ahead and given the entire UI a facelift and are proud to present to you Eden 1.5 - with a cleaner and fresher user experience along with some major tweaks for performance improvement.

We have also bundled a couple of new apps we developed just for you. Chords - our very own music player and a brand new To-Do app.

Love reading? Well, your reading experience just got better with the Amazon Kindle eBook Reader for the Adam! Thats right! The Adam now comes with the Amazon Kindle eBook Reader for you to enjoy your reading on. You will also have access to the vast ebook collection available on the Amazon Kindle Store.

We are also pleased to announce that the Adam will now have Dolphin Browser HD preinstalled along with the improved and re-skinned Notion Ink browser.

You can now buy an Adam by visiting the Notion Ink Store and logging in using the credentials below.

E-mail address: ******************
Password: ****************
This invite expires in 5 days of reciept of this e-mail.

Kindly login and choose the variant of the Adam you wish to purchase.
Please write to us at support@notionink.com for any queries or assistance that you may require.

Warm Regards
Notion Ink

elendil said:
Got an email from Notion Ink last evening.

Pricing for India.

LCD-Wifi - INR 19000

LCD-Wifi-3g - 24000

PQi-Wifi - INR 24000

Pqi-Wifi-3g - INR 27000

Add INR 2999 for Shipping , Customs, Taxes & Handling Charges.

No real price drop. Is it worth it ??????

Here's a transcript of the email:

these prices include everything like custom duty ,tax,shipping etc etc.

and gingerbread update coming on wednesday and honeycomb on 27th june 2011. :)

Similar case here. Last time when they were taking orders, I had a mail invitation along with a one-time-use-password. Somehow, I could not could not complete the transaction in single attempt as it gave me some errors. I sent them a mail asking them to reset the password. They came back to me after 5 days!!. By that time the order booking was closed.

This gave me a serious doubt about their service efficiency. I went ahead and got myself an Ipad. Pretty satisfied with it and don't want to replace this for another 2 yrs.

The software issues are still not sorted out completely. Anyone seriously considering this tablet should wait till the end of this month when they release the Honeycomb update. IF they manage to meet the deadline.

Back