Now launched: Andhra Pradesh Govt plans 15 Mbps broadband service at Rs 150/month

I would imagine it to be very expensive due to limited range of cat5 cable 100m .so will need ofc to connecct 2 distant regional peering centres to get hhigh speed

I am assuming you are no networking genius - we are not limited by CAT5/6 capabilities, because data centres/peering centres are never connected by LAN wires, but rather fibres only. The maximum speed from CAT6 is 10Gbps in real world - we need switching capabilities far in excess of that.[DOUBLEPOST=1421299709][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am still clueless as to how these ISP's like Beam are still avoiding Nixi.

Either they are not on NIXI or are through an intermediary.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, obviously with their bandwidth providers TATA and Vodafone. Btw TATA's routing to EU is all Fcked up, Really Irritating. Solution to this problem from tata is Feb 1st week.
I guess routing to all places is ****ed up, getting 200-240 Latency to Singapore, 240 to Delhi, but 180 to EU.

I guess routing to all places is ****ed up, getting 200-240 Latency to Singapore, 240 to Delhi, but 180 to EU.
Due to a submarine cable system fault near Mumbai in TATA's IMEWE & TGN-EA cable systems that occured on December 27th 2014, a portion of India to Europe and India to Eastern US IP traffic have been re-routed via Pacific routes instead of the usual Middle East / Atlantic routes.

Hence, you may experience an increased latency on your IP services for the Europe and US East Coast due to this impact.

A cable repair ship has been scheduled to sail and the tentative repair date is 12th Feb, 2015 subjected to the weather conditions.

Routing via Singapore is Good. No issues here.

As much as I want to get hyped by this news I'll wait for actions to be taken up. and 150rs/month? would it even be possible? 1000 I can understand but 150 nope. :|
Meanwhile us people in NE still living on crappy BSNL's and no politician has ever talked about good internet/IT infrastructure. RIP.
Routing via Singapore is Good. No issues here.
Dammmnnn!! That latency would be so gooood for online gaming. Dota2 SEA server is in Sg. :D
SEA server > India's own. *Facepalm*

Last edited:
As much as I want to get hyped by this news I'll wait for actions to be taken up. and 150rs/month? would it even be possible? 1000 I can understand but 150 nope. :|
Meanwhile us people in NE still living on crappy BSNL's and no politician has ever talked about good internet/IT infrastructure. RIP.

Dammmnnn!! That latency would be so gooood for online gaming. Dota2 SEA server is in Sg. :D
SEA server > India's own. *Facepalm*
Get a Fiber connection. FTTB/FTTH/FTTN. You can notice such pings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you go:

M3CxYfZ.jpg

Let's see the implementation. There was a similar grand announcement from YSR + CarnegieMellen Prof Reddy, broadband at 100Rs. Never saw the light of day.

I dont understand why govt doesnt simply pump in some money and increase the capacity 10x to major cities and internationally and let private players do the last mile connectivity. I mean, it will only increase the pace of technology sector and inturn get more revenue. Its like electricity, if you have restricted supply, shops will be limited and then you wont have sales which will reduce taxes and same cycle repeats.
What you say is logically correct but in reality private players are motivated by money and money alone so even if the govt increases the capacity they will make sure that we end up paying a premium for the service.Don't forget the private players are having a good at this moment.So a radical change is necessary.

What you say is logically correct but in reality private players are motivated by money and money alone so even if the govt increases the capacity they will make sure that we end up paying a premium for the service.Don't forget the private players are having a good at this moment.So a radical change is necessary.
True so they can charge a higher percentage on their incoming cost or money invested. Still will be cheaper and atleast the option of better plans will be there.

Back