NVIDIA’s Forthcoming Intel Pentium 4 Chipset Passes Certification.

Darklord

Skilled
NVIDIA Corp.’s upcoming core-logic for Intel Pentium 4 processors code-named Crush 19, or C19, has already been certified by PCI Special Interest Group and is currently in the PCI-SIG’s Integrator’s List, according to the organization’s web-site. The certification confirms NVIDIA’s plans to release a high-quality core-logic product supporting Intel’s chips in the short-term.

Crush 19 to Bring SLI Enhancements to Intel Platforms

The Crush 19 chipset from NVIDIA is currently expected to support various Intel processors, including the most powerful and innovative in LGA775 form-factor with 1066MHz processor system bus as well as EM64T, XD and EIST technologies. Currently unofficial sources state that the only memory configuration to be supported will be dual-channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz or 667MHz, but no dual-channel DDR memory. NVIDIA is also expected to incorporate special enhancements for Multi-GPU SLI configurations, which will allow installing two PCI Express x16 graphics slots and cards.

Given that due to external memory controller on Intel-based platforms, NVIDIA is expected to bring dual-chip core-logic for mainboards intended for Intel chips. The MCP04 I/O controller that is proclaimed to be paired with Crush 19 MCH is projected to inherit many features from the nForce4 core-logic, NVIDIA RAID, NVIDIA ActiveArmor firewall, NVIDIA Gigabit Ethernet, Serial ATA-300 and other important technologies, like USB 2.0, FireWire, 8-channel AC’97 audio and so on.

Currently it is unclear, how many versions of the Crush 19 chipset NVIDIA may offer. The Santa Clara, California-based NVIDIA usually preps numerous flavours of its chipsets seeking to target various markets with various demands for functionality and pricing.

NVIDIA Rumoured to Make C19 at IBM

NVIDIA has already delivered samples of the C19 to its mainboard customers, and volume shipments will begin at the end of the first quarter, or early in the second quarter of 2005, according to reports from certain Taiwanese web-sites released several weeks ago.

Surprisingly, it was also reported that the next-generation nForce chipset for Intel Pentium 4 processors would be made at IBM. Previously the company outsourced production of its chipsets only to its foundry partner TSMC.

While an NVIDIA officials decline to comment on the functionality and other peculiarities of the upcoming products for Intel processors, they confirmed that the announcement is targeted for Q1 2005.

i always felt that intel have been strongest in their motherboard chipsets.. will be interesting to see how nvidia compares to intel in this area

This is getting ineresting. As ATI have released thier mobos for AMD now its nVIDIA's turn to release thier counterparts for INTEL. I just wish they end up as sweet as ATI's are for AMD.

But i believe tht nvidia is stronger in mainboard chipset design than ATI as the ATI-Intel combo was just a splash in the pan..didnt really take off too well...whereas the NVIDIA-AMD combo was rockin to say the least...seems NVIDIA has finally gained the upperhand here... :)

But i think lessons learnt from the AMD camp can only help NVIdia come up wid a sturdier feature mainboard chipset for the dual core intel proccys..

Back