Nvidia GeForce RTX 2000 series Founders Editions graphics cards

Its not a big deal. If you want to stay neutral and honest, then avoid all possible conflict of interest by not getting into such sponsorship's. Businesses running for profit don't give out free stuff just out of the good of their heart. Obviously, they will take back their stuff when you start talking about their product and in the same context discouraging customers from pre-ordering which is business for them. While the inference about pre-ordering is correct, it is not in the interests of the company for them to talk about it in that context.

You are not required to heap praises on the company or the product, but you are also not allowed to criticize it or discourage their business in public. When you are getting sponsored, there is a conflict of interest situation. The best thing to do is to not talk about the company as far as possible. Neither in a manner to encourage their business nor to discourage their business. Both would count as improper conduct.

While this guy says he doesn't care about losing the "toys" as he puts it, he is definitely not happy about losing them and wants to get back at nVidia. So claiming censorship by them just for taking back their free stuff and what not and trying to get some cheap publicity from it. He is doing what is good for his own business/hobby. Good for him.

As I see it, it was definitely "improper conduct" when you are in a sponsorship. He would have a point if nVidia had demanded him to praise them and ask his audience to pre-order and he stood against that. But he lost his sponsorship because he inadvertently discouraged their business.

AMD had on number of occasions denied review samples to reviewers who have been critical of them or pointed out downsides in their products on previous occasions. Such reviewers had to buy the product themselves after launch. Companies obviously do what is good for their interests. Companies serve their investors, not the customers.

Last edited:
nVidia's marketing is pushing ray tracing as the next big thing. In my opinion, if I have to spend money on RTX vs VR; I would spend it on VR and not RTX. I mean the studios should focus on VR rather than RTX.

I would rather that the studios focus more on getting the most out of tech like RTX that could make gaming graphics and physics better while at the same time putting some effort on improving VR too.

All you need for utilizing RTX is upcoming graphics cards with the necessary hardware. VR has much less reach. You need a fairly high end graphics card anyway and in addition the VR hardware itself which today costs as much as a high end graphics card.

VR also has a long way to go yet. Present VR games look like they are from 10-15 years ago in the graphics department. Yes, you get some cheap thrills, but the graphics and physics has to get a lot better for VR to become more immersive and tech like Hardware Ray tracing will bring us closer.

DF almost always has the best in depth videos cutting through layers of chaff. Loved how technically detailed this was. They are never scared of throwing in tech jargon - especially when it is required.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/nvidia-rtx-gpus-worth-the-money,37689.html

Looks like there is a lunatic on the loose, writing articles for Toms Hardware.
Haha I wanted to share this without giving them the views so I took screenshots but forgot to share them.

Screenshot_20180829-103859~2.png Screenshot_20180829-104003~2.png Screenshot_20180829-104008~2.png Screenshot_20180829-104018~2.png Screenshot_20180829-104024~2.png Screenshot_20180829-104030~2.png Screenshot_20180829-104035~2.png Screenshot_20180829-104042~2.png Screenshot_20180829-104050~2.png Screenshot_20180829-104057~2.png Screenshot_20180829-104102~2.png Screenshot_20180829-104113~2.png Screenshot_20180829-104119~2.png

Why the hell would I worry about not having Ray tracing when I'm about to die lol. That writer/Editor in Chief must be smoking something heavy before publishing it. As if "opinion piece" is going to matter when you are such a huge sellout lmao.

Also the only people who can stop this shit are Intel and AMD. Assuming they can come up with better and more innovative products to rival Nvidia's. Fanboys everywhere else are justifying the huge costs.

Bonus:
40161737_2175061219402146_8805754641334665216_n.png.jpg

Last edited:
its obviously paid article. how can a reviewer recommend to buy an expensive gfx card without seeing the benchmarks and actual games coming out with said technology. im glad toms hardware dirty secret is finally out in the open

It looks like he wrote that article as a counter-point to a colleagues "don't buy the 2000 series" article.
It seems their goal was to have a debate among readers.

It looks like he wrote that article as a counter-point to a colleagues "don't buy the 2000 series" article.
It seems their goal was to have a debate among readers.

If somebody wrote an article on road safety and ask you not to jump traffic signals and another guy writes an article asking you jump traffic signals with eyes closed because you any way have to go across and it can save you a few seconds if you do it immediately as opposed to later and they later tell you that the goal was to have a debate among readers, how would you react?

When you proclaim to be a authority on technology news and advice, you better act in a responsible manner and not try to bullshit your readers. That article was irresponsible and the flak they are getting for it is fully justified.

If somebody wrote an article on road safety and ask you not to jump traffic signals and another guy writes an article asking you jump traffic signals with eyes closed because you any way have to go across and it can save you a few seconds if you do it immediately as opposed to later and they later tell you that the goal was to have a debate among readers, how would you react?

When you proclaim to be a authority on technology news and advice, you better act in a responsible manner and not try to bullshit your readers. That article was irresponsible and the flak they are getting for it is fully justified.

Fair point, i'll give you that.
What i was trying to say is, it seems neither is a true article on the gpu's in question, but merely written for the sake of it.
Like a weird hybrid of clickbait/trolling.

The pcb is stock butcoolers are different. All the AIB cards seem to be 6-15k more expensive than the one nvidia is selling directly. Just wondering if it’s safe to buy from nvidia directly

Back