Nvidia graphics with AMD processor - Does it work?

prince_20003

Disciple
i have prepared the following config :
1) AMD ATHLON II X4 635 + Gigabyte 880GM UD2H
2) Corsair XMS3 RAM 2GB+2GB DDR3 -

3) HDD Segate 1TB 7200 rpm
4) Cabinet CM elite 335 + Corsair VX450 smps
5) Graphics Card GTS 450 GS (product) -

6) Monitor 24" LCD DELL
7) Keyboard + Mouse Combo Microsoft

only one doubt ,, gfx card is of geforce and processor is of AMD ...whether this combination will work???:huh::huh::huh: or i shoild go with ati radeon cards??:huh::huh::huh:

plzzz reply asap...goin to place order soon:):)

Re: hi...

nVidia GPUs work well with AMD processors -- hope they don't bring a new law that AMD GPUs only for AMD processors :) but as DarkAngel said, please have a descriptive thread mate, given that you have already made 142 posts.. am sorry if my post hurt you (which I guess not nor intended to do so)

No problem with the gfx card of Nvidia and the CPU of AMD... If you had just wanted to ask about their compatibility you could have put the thread in Graphics Card section...

St.John said:
No problem with the gfx card of Nvidia and the CPU of AMD... If you had just wanted to ask about their compatibility you could have put the thread in Graphics Card section...
!!Out of the topic post!!
"The two most abundant things in this Universe are Hydrogen & Stupidity... In the REVERSE order." ---:clap::clap: awesome.. how do you think these phrases..one full whisky bottle?? or book a 5star hotel room and think for 2-3days :p.. just for fun mate..:)

Yes it will work... the graphic card u r thinking to buy requires a PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot... it doesnt really matter if its an intel rig or amd one :)

Hades. said:
Yes it will work... the graphic card u r thinking to buy requires a PCI-E 2.0 x16 slot... it doesnt really matter if its an intel rig or amd one :)
Not a requirement. They are backward compatible. The performance difference is negligible too, especially for his card.

NinByChoice said:
Not a requirement. They are backward compatible. The performance difference is negligible too, especially for his card.
That card does require a PCI-E x16 slot for optimal performance...

Back