Nvidia officially announces Pascal based GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 gpu's

That wasn't my point, margins will obviously be lesser than the top tier milk editions but still better than the loose change that they make off console.
My point was they won't be leaving any one field and only focusing on another because AMD of all companies needs all the money that's thrown at them to survive, what they won't make up in margins they can make up with numbers, 90% of the top selling gpu's are from the $200-350 bracket like I mentioned earlier.

pHf3qjs.jpg

When i said i was wondering,what exactly i meant was AMD reply or response to Nvidia. They did prepone the launch for Polaris . Hope to see some rocking performance from them in Computex.

You know Rakesh, it is rumoured that FTW GPU from EVGA will be overclocked @ 2000 Mhz. I have been searching all day about it and makes me feel like i am on dope. lol. :D

the 1080 doesn't seem to have a big lead over the 980ti (<5 fps) but going by the 980/970 launch, the 1070 at $379 is going to be good value.
im expecting it to be 20% slower at a price that's over 40% less.
i don't think current top-end maxwell owners will see value in upgrading.
p.s. @Fenix - do you know if the 1080 and 980ti in the benches posted are at stock clocks or oc'ed?

They are all stock. Reviews that we have seen so far are of the FE [ Founder Edition/Reference] card. My reason for purchasing it is the power to price performance.[DOUBLEPOST=1464346265][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX62546

Its listed for 919 CD or Canadian Dollars which equates to around 705 USD.

Last edited:
You know Rakesh, it is rumoured that FTW GPU from EVGA will be overclocked @ 2000 Mhz. I have been searching all day about it and makes me feel like i am on dope. lol. :D
All the third party cards are gonna be awesome.. I am waiting to see more listing coming up from them since its the clocks and coolers that will show us the real power the beast can generate and differentiate itself from the ancestors. :)

But you know the down side,being stuck with 8 pin . I had hoped that AIB partners will have 8+6 pin at least . The reviews of custom PCB will be out by tomorrow from whatever i have searched online.

Just checked on EVGA . Waiting for the TBD and also hoping its not price insanely. Should be under 750$.

comparison_chart_EN.png
[DOUBLEPOST=1464434227][/DOUBLEPOST]
EVGA.JPG

This is going to be a rocker with frequency over 2000 or maybe 2100.

Last edited:
Bang for buck they said. :D
Do you think the resellers are inflating the prices or are the taxes really high?
Also similar pricing for UK and Aus apparently. Some countries coming to as high as $1000 and some more. I wonder what they, people who sold their GTX980/ti in those countries, feel right now. :p

A few of the wins are very close, and at 1080p there are several ties, but on average the 1070 beats the Titan X by about 10 percent, which means it also beats the 980 Ti by 10 percent. Minimum frame rates are a similar story, with an overall 12-14 percent lead over the Titan X and 980 Ti, though minimum frame rates tend to be more variable.

What about the GTX 1080, though—is it worth the extra $220 to $250 compared to the GTX 1070 (looking at official MSRP and Founders Edition pricing, not the current online price gouging)? If you're talking about pure bang for the buck, the answer as usual is a clear "no." The GTX 1080 is priced about 55 percent higher than the GTX 1070, but performance ends up being just 20-25 percent better.

http://www.pcgamer.com/geforce-gtx-1070-performance-preview/

Same results as last time then, the 980 wasn't really worth the price difference for the performance gains over the 970 which ended up becoming one of the most vfm and popular gpu's ever and the 1070 seems to be heading in this direction as well.
Now to wait for the mid-tier and low segment offerings from AMD, rumored performance numbers suggest the P10 will probably be priced under $300.
Overall there's something for everyone who's in the market for a new gpu although people with older gpu's can still hold off on an upgrade until next year when HBM2 hopefully hits the mainstream.

P.S. I feel they should've gone with 2x6pin connectors for the 1070 to increase their potential customer base thg, the card is pretty efficient but at this price conscious price bracket people might settle for a lower tiered card instead of spending another $100 on a PSU upgrade.

Last edited:
P.S. I feel they should've gone with 2x6pin connectors for the 1070 to increase their potential customer base thg, the card is pretty efficient but at this price conscious price bracket people might settle for a lower tiered card instead of spending another $100 on a PSU upgrade.

I think a 500w psu can power a GTX 1070(TDP 150W) and that's a norm today. Most have it.

Last edited:
Back