Nvidia officially announces Pascal based GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 gpu's

GTX1080 Founders Edition reference price for India is 63,250/- (listed on Guru3d).

• Serbian Dinar RSD 96,900
  • Czech Koruna CZK 21,400
  • Danish Krone DKK 6,150
  • Germany EUR 789
  • France EUR 789
  • British Pound GBP 619
  • Hungarian Forint HUF 259,850
  • Norwegian Krone NOK 7,599
  • Polish Zloty PLN 3,599
  • Romanian New Lei RON 3,499
  • Russian Rouble RUB 54,990
  • Indian Rupee INR 63,250
  • Swedish Krona SEK 7,699
  • Turkish Lira TRY 2,850
  • South African Rand ZAR 13,599
  • Switzerland CHF 790
  • UAE AED 2,850
  • USA USD 699

Using that as a baseline, GTX1070 Founders Edition reference price translates to 40,700/-
I do not think custom cooler designs would be sold for less than the Founders edition baseline in India at least for initial few months.

So the custom one`s will be sold under 60k. I am doing the Math on this basis, though its crude : $63250 / INR 699 = 90 .
$449 / $379 are the prices expected for GTX 1070 . 449*90 = 40410 and 379*90 = 34110 . So i was right in guessing the price but i will still wait for the actual prices to show up and of course the reviews.
I am more keen to purchase the GTX 1080 Superclocked version from EVGA.

If GTX 1070 beats 980Ti at this price point,it will be a great seller. Yes initially demand will be high and supply less, sellers will want to jack up the prices . I am going to wait for atleast 2 to 3 months before jumping on to the upgrade wagon.

But there is one more thing , will Nvidia price it lower than the 9xx series and going to kill their sales altogether.

Last edited:
will Nvidia price it lower than the 9xx series and going to kill their sales altogether.

This has never happened and it won't either, people will prefer to wait a year and pick older gpu's at throway prices if it did.
They usually stop production and supply months in advance and gradually phase the product out of the market right in time for the newer products.

$63250 / INR 699 = 90.
err? $63250? that's 44 lacs. :D
But there is one more thing , will Nvidia price it lower than the 9xx series and going to kill their sales altogether.
I expect India's distris selling the GTX 10XX at a much higher prices than lower the price of the GTX 9XX. Even if they go with the latter I don't think that it would be so much.

But this is the 100$ expensive card. AIB will have their custom PCB GPU`s. If this is going to be the case,then i will get it from US.[DOUBLEPOST=1464165831][/DOUBLEPOST]

Seems like GTX 1070 review is about to come by this week . Judging by this its going to be a rocker.

130a.jpg

Last edited:
the 2 x 980ti performance metric was in vr.
1080 looks good but not as an upgrade from a 980ti or fury. looks like the 1080ti would be the card to replace the top end.
the 1070 looks pretty brilliant though. performance close to the 980ti for the price of a 970.
i too dont think there will be huge price drop on older hardware. retailers usually just overprice newer gen hardware.
i've notice that Indian gpu prices are on average 30% above US prices

I don't know how much is this correct. But if it's true then we are looking at a GPU which will finally give 60+ frames @ 4k with Ultra AA settings in almost all games.

2016-05-23-image-4.png

I don't know how much is this correct. But if it's true then we are looking at a GPU which will finally give 60+ frames @ 4k with Ultra AA settings in almost all games.
i thought gp102 would come with hbm2 or is that gp100 only?
either way, if this is true then gp102 is going to be a monster.
insane die size! ~800mm2 if it was on 28nm
this would most likely be 2x 980ti's in performance
also, it seems they're going to be launching a 1050 in addition to the above mentioned ones.
but it might just be a tweaked 950/960 hence not included.

Wonder what AMD is going to do. Nvidia is going to fill in their pockets as much as they can.

AMD is targeting the low and mid-end tier market with Polaris 10 and 11, all these high end gpu's are good for the e-peen but the sales numbers are very low when compared to the mainstream segment.
There hasn't been a good vfm card in ages and AMD stands to make a good amount of money at last if they put out decent products in the $200-$350 market where the bulk of the sales lie.

AMD is targeting the low and mid-end tier market with Polaris 10 and 11, all these high end gpu's are good for the e-peen but the sales numbers are very low when compared to the mainstream segment.
There hasn't been a good vfm card in ages and AMD stands to make a good amount of money at last if they put out decent products in the $200-$350 market where the bulk of the sales lie.

Am already aware of that,plus they are working harder in the console segment. Learned from a friend who works with AMD. Said the prime focus is shifting from PC market.

Lol why were you wondering then if you know what they are upto.
P.S They're not working any harder in the console segment, they've already been the go to choice for the last ten years and they won't completely move only into the console business because they earn peanuts on every chip sold.
They'll keep their fingers in as many pies as possible, that includes gpu's and workstation cards, apu's and cpu's and just yesterday they teamed up with ARM and IBM to take over the datacentre market.

Last edited:

But margins will be very poor in those segments. Low end to low-mid end tier in GPU's is currently mostly a market for mind share than profits and AMD has suffered poor margins and losses in the past because of this. Same for console market as well. Poor margins is the primary reason for nVidia leaving the console market after PS3 and letting AMD have it all to themselves.

The real game will be in the mid to upper mid tier where there is a better balance between volumes and margins. $300~400 Graphics card market is where AMD should be concentrating for a profitable business.

Back