Nvidia officially announces Pascal based GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 gpu's

I think a 500w psu can power a GTX 1070(TDP 150W) and that's a norm today. Most have it.

I wasn't talking about the efficiency but the lack of 8 and 6+2 pins on some of the older PSU's under 600w.
Making it more accessible is a better option imo instead of limiting your options even if you have the 12v rails.
75w(pci-e slot)+75w(6pin)+75w(molex to 6 pin) is the same as 75w(pci-e slot)+150w(8pin) but sticking to the latter just limits your customer base when the've still got plenty of headroom to run the card w/o any problems.

Woah, 1070 exceeding the 980 ti was unexpected. i thought it would match the 980 at best.
pricing will most likely be ~35k (<-my speculation)
looks like i'm going to be keeping an eye out for a deal on a used 980/980ti :)

P.S. I feel they should've gone with 2x6pin connectors for the 1070 to increase their potential customer base thg, the card is pretty efficient but at this price conscious price bracket people might settle for a lower tiered card instead of spending another $100 on a PSU upgrade.
the aib's will have multiple pin connectors. i think nvidia went with a higher price and single power connector on ref cards so as not to cannibalize aib sales.

I think a 500w psu can power a GTX 1070(TDP 150W) and that's a norm today. Most have it.
for most people this is true but a lot is being said about pascal's overclocking potential and that can make the tdp shoot up dramatically.
we'll need to wait for the reviews of non-ref cards (tbh i too think a good 500w psu will handle an oc'ed pascal).

I am all set to welcome a 1070 into my rig. OCed my i5 2500K t0 4.3 (achieved at 1-25v), saving up cash and eyes wide open on the third party cards to hit shelves with sane pricing :)

Last edited:
I wasn't talking about the efficiency but the lack of 8 and 6+2 pins on some of the older PSU's under 600w.
Making it more accessible is a better option imo instead of limiting your options even if you have the 12v rails.
75w(pci-e slot)+75w(6pin)+75w(molex to 6 pin) is the same as 75w(pci-e slot)+150w(8pin) but sticking to the latter just limits your customer base when the've still got plenty of headroom to run the card w/o any problems.

GPU's nowadays come with cables for people not having dedicated GPU plugs. And people who are going to buy the GTX 1070 for $379-$450 are surely gonna have or can afford a good PSU. It's a Rs.35k+ GPU aimed at high end segment not for the mainstream PC as it'll bottleneck the GPU too. So to run this gun u gotta have better components overall.

the aib's will have multiple pin connectors. i think nvidia went with a higher price and single power connector on ref cards so as not to cannibalize aib sales.

I don't think it's gonna happen from what I've seen so far, all custom pcb's seem to have a single 8 pin connector atm but please do post here in the thread if you find any, fingers crossed I do hope they show up soon enough.

GPU's nowadays come with cables for people not having dedicated GPU plugs.

That was the point I was making, people with newer 500w+ PSU's need not worry, my comment was aimed at people with older PSU's.
GPU's come with molex to 6 pin power connectors for the peasants not 6 pin to 8 pin connectors because that isn't recommended by anyone at all.

And people who are going to buy the GTX 1070 for $379-$450 are surely gonna have or can afford a good PSU.

It's a high-end gpu here because it'll cost 10k more than in the US but it's still a gpu aimed at the mainstream segment.
If you already have a 3 year old gpu worth 5k you shouldn't have to upgrade it just because of the lack of an 8 pin connector when you have the necessary 12v rails to run the gpu with a 6pin + molex to 6 pin setup that can run the gpu comfortably.
Plus how will it bottleneck a gpu if it's more efficient than the one you are already using.

What I meant with other components was Mobo, CPU, Ram etc. U need a decent CPU with enough PCIe lanes. Motherboard which supports PCIe 2.0-3.0 and at least 8 gigs of Ram.

What I meant with other components was Mobo, CPU, Ram etc. U need a decent CPU with enough PCIe lanes. Motherboard which supports PCIe 2.0-3.0 and at least 8 gigs of Ram.

That's pretty obvious isn't it, no one's going to slap this on a dual-core AMD setup. Looks like I misread your comment but we were talking about PSU's here, not components.

What i liked about the Pascal is the performance they are offering by being efficient. GTX 1070 beats the last gen GTX 980 / 980 Ti / Titan X and yet costing a lot less,using lot less power. Plus the AIB cards will run cooler.

Learned the pricing for Inno3D GTX 1080 Graphics Card . It's the ichill model.
Core 1759 Mhz
Boost 1898 Mhz
Memory Clock speed 1300mhz
Price of it would be 56,000+5% VAT

I don't think it's gonna happen from what I've seen so far, all custom pcb's seem to have a single 8 pin connector atm but please do post here in the thread if you find any, fingers crossed I do hope they show up soon enough.
the pcb's being shown are the founder edition aka reference models from nvidia.
aib's have always been given the freedom to add more power connections. especially on the factory oc'ed models.
i don't expect it to change with pascal.
check out the msi lightning (8+8+6 pin connectors=wtf)
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-gtx-1070-custom-cards/
http://videocardz.com/60709/msi-geforce-gtx-1080-lightning-pictured
http://videocardz.com/60729/colorful-shows-off-trio-of-igame-geforce-gtx-1080

Linus is first one to get his hands on the new AMD architecture. Nvidia created the single fastest expensive GPU and Amd created the cheapest one.

GTX 1070 Indian pricing revealed!
the founder’s edition coming in at INR 40,800 and the partner branded cards starting from INR 34,999.
And they apparently are out of stock already.
So who got the pricing right or round about it? ;)

Back