Nvidia officially announces Pascal based GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 gpu's

Yeah Rakesh, Titan X performance and GTX 960 like power consumption. Maybe i will upgrade to this too .

It's happened again! this time from MSI and Asus. Poor nvidia.
MSI and ASUS Send VGA Review Samples with Higher Clocks than Retail Cards
http://www.techpowerup.com/223440/m...-samples-with-higher-clocks-than-retail-cards
I still remember an incident when Asus sent a review sample of a motherboard with a custom BIOS to a friend.[DOUBLEPOST=1466103426][/DOUBLEPOST]And before someone says its a small negligible problem there is something called Transparency.

^^ Whats new about that? Review samples are almost always handpicked pre-production or early revision units whose specs are often not yet fully finalized and firmware still needs tweaking. They are in most cases provided in non retail boxes and with the understanding that they do not represent final retail units. And its not like this started happening just now.

10 years back, I received a review sample as a replacement for a GPU that went dead. It had a different BIOS than the retail unit.

If they want to review retail units, they should wait till final retail units hit the market and then get those..

It's happened again! this time from MSI and Asus. Poor nvidia.
MSI and ASUS Send VGA Review Samples with Higher Clocks than Retail Cards
http://www.techpowerup.com/223440/m...-samples-with-higher-clocks-than-retail-cards
I still remember an incident when Asus sent a review sample of a motherboard with a custom BIOS to a friend.[DOUBLEPOST=1466103426][/DOUBLEPOST]And before someone says its a small negligible problem there is something called Transparency.

for some reason this reminds me of the vw emissions scandal :D

i wonder if they did the same with amd gpus too.

^^ Whats new about that? Review samples are almost always handpicked pre-production or early revision units whose specs are often not yet fully finalized and firmware still needs tweaking. They are in most cases provided in non retail boxes and with the understanding that they do not represent final retail units. And its not like this started happening just now.
It may not be new but it sure hell doesn't make it right. Neither should just because it also happened 10 years ago (with your review unit).

If they want to review retail units, they should wait till final retail units hit the market and then get those..
Not enough justification. Naturally the reviewers expect the same product which is to hit the market. And the reviewers will have done the right thing by letting the public know about this.
Like I said transparency is a big deal here. At least to me. I won't even go into the 3.5GB chaos.

It doesn't matter what is perceived as right or wrong or what the reviewers expect, the fact remains that review samples sent in by manufacturers do not represent final products that hit the market to the dot and reviewers who get samples before the release date or with a embargo date understand that. Quite often, the review samples have bugs or other inconsistencies that get fixed by the time product hits the retail market.Reviewers sometimes even mention that. Even the GPU doesn't matter, since its the card OEM's we are talking about and so its the same situation whether its for a nvidia or AMD card.

At least for me, there is nothing new about the practice. This has been the practice for a long time which is why I don't rely on such reviews as anything more than ball park representation of the final product. If you want to do a review of the retail unit, then source the final product that hits the public.

High resolution and high refresh rate displays are pretty common these days. Dual DVI is required for any resolution greater than 1920 x 1200.

What I don't understand is why they think Display port is not affected. DVI, HDMI and Display Port should all be electrically similar.

I wonder how this was passed without the QC. Maybe is was RUSH RUSH RUSH, we will fix it later. Let's make some money first.

Nvidia reminding people that they have something just a day before the 480 launch.
http://videocardz.com/61507/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-spotted-in-hong-kong

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1060-900x675.jpg

it could be fake...trying to spoil/water down AMD's party before launch ?

Nvidia always does this to take the wind out of AMD's sails resorting to paper launches in the past as well, AMD does it too but not to that extent.
Since the 1060 was anyways slated for an August reveal/launch, it doesn't seem farfetched to think that the card is real.

Looks like nvidia is going all out on suppressing new AMD cards purchase. That GTX1060 looks fake to me.

Back