Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti leaked! USD $1000!

Will you buy it?

• Yes duh! Obviously ('coz I'm rich!)

• HELL NO!

Results are only viewable after voting.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
PNY (accidentally?) leaked the specs and pricing of the latest Nvidia RTX 2080 graphics cards. The PNY RTX 2080 Ti 11GB XLR8 OC variant will cost $1000 and the PNY RTX 2080 8GB XLR8 non-Ti OC variant will cost about $800.

XLR8-Graphics-Cards-RTX-2080Ti-OC-ra.jpg

specs-1.jpg

Screenshot_20180818-224341~2.png

Screenshot_20180818-224351~2.png

pny-2.jpg

Source: Reddit
Source: Eteknix

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180818-224341~2.png
    Screenshot_20180818-224341~2.png
    406.2 KB · Views: 186
Time to bring up one of our old posts:
Rather than emphasizing on reducing prices of existing old cards why not release new cards with a favorable pricing factor?

They are never going to do that. It doesn't make any sense from a business logic. They cannot launch a new gen product at the same or better price as the older one which is still in the market in the thousands. No one will buy the older gen anymore and it will lead to a huge loss. Another business reason is the partenered-retail chains and stores will be hesitant to order as many volume as they did like the previous gen product. They will not be confident that people would even buy so much anymore when they already know that the manufacturer could release a new model out of the blue. Thus again leading losses to the manufacturers end. Assuming they launch new gen cards now they will have to set the prices higher than previous gen and who's going to buy them? The GTX 1000 series may be a little old but it's still the latest Nvidia cards because new gen hasn't been launched (in the market). It still has no replacement.

Nvidia cannot get rid of the huge stock of the current gen cards quick enough after all. And I don't see any great discounts anywhere. PC Gaming used to be fun because of affordability and capability to play latest games on a decent system. It doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

may be this is us pricing... 25% trump tax inclusive. these are manufactured in china right?

Time to bring up one of our old posts:

Nvidia cannot get rid of the huge stock of the current gen cards quick enough after all. And I don't see any great discounts anywhere. PC Gaming used to be fun because of affordability and capability to play latest games on a decent system. It doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
imo it was never truly affordable in india due to high taxes. we few who buy graphics cards are extremely in minority compared to USA

may be this is us pricing... 25% trump tax inclusive. these are manufactured in china right?
Tax is probably exclusive because most retailers in the U.S. don't include tax due to different tax % unlike India. And assuming the "trade war" between U.S. and China escalate, then things can get worse. And for us it will a lot worse than in the U.S. lol.
But I expected the pricing to be as much. And since the new gen cards now cost $800 and up, people who have been holding on their purchase will now surely go for the GTX 1080 or similar which cost lesser than the RTX 2080 since they will now know that the new gen is out of their budget, they will think that there's no point in waiting anymore.

I'll probably get it the first month of release to play around with the ray tracing API. UE already has bindings for the same. This should be fun.

Prices for this gen will obviously be higher as there is no competition from the red team.

Back