Nvidia RTX 3XXX Series announced

Ill just leave this here. I don't know how this computes as 1.9 perf/watt but I'm bad at math though.

performance-per-watt_1920-1080.png

performance-per-watt_3840-2160.png

perf-per-watt-new2.png

Last edited:
Yep.. and huge game changer for my usage. Might just pick up another 1070 to render till I can get enough funds for 2x 3070 or heck maybe settle for a 3070

1070 to 1080ti you can upgrade ,your money will be worth it
Post automatically merged:

Yep.. and huge game changer for my usage. Might just pick up another 1070 to render till I can get enough funds for 2x 3070 or heck maybe settle for a 3070

why dont you look out for 1070 ti it has more cuda and good clocks

See buddy, i think i posted it here. Wait till the actual review comes out for the RTX 3080. Nvidia said that it is double the performance of a 2080, is it in DLSS or actual. If this card gives 60+ frames at ultra settings in RDR2 @4k or 3440x1440 (Ultra-wide). I am going to upgrade everything from 1200p monitor to a 4k monitor, or maybe an ultrawide like a 3440x1440 or 3860x1600 ,get the RDR2 and also this GPU. Until then i am happy doing Window shopping.
Seems the 3080 is a game changer for 2k and 4k resolution gaming.
Yes, 24hrs to go to place orders and lesser for reviews..never been this anxious for a GPU in years..hope everyone has their credit cards warmed up and ready......
Could you order it or sold out?

4K definitely but gen is good enough for 2k gaming mostly atleast the high end cards
Other than gaming, the thing also is way ahead in things (Rendering stuff) that might interest people in related fields. Not to forget HDMI 2.1 so that those 60+ frames in 4K don't go to waste.
Mine is ... but for a console :cool:
Xbox X?
I don't think I am ordering one bro! This was for those who are planning to...
Also it not yet the 17th.
Saw your build thread, it still packs a lot of punch so I can understand.

M just waiting to see how soon they sell out on the site....hope they are in stock for atleast 24hrs...just to see how the folks are responding to it...and how many nvidia bring in.

So at 1440p (no RTX/DLSS): 3080 is +51% of 2080. With RTX on (no DLSS) you can see all the extra cores working. 3080 is +83% of 2080.

All based on techpowerup review. They have done a through and excellent review.

Are the prices out for cards other than Zotac?

1070 to 1080ti you can upgrade ,your money will be worth it

why dont you look out for 1070 ti it has more cuda and good clocks

Yes, it's possibly an option. Will just wait till Diwali now, unless something decent comes up. The thing is the the RTX 3080 is twice the speed of the RTX 2080 in Octane Bench and Vray. Not so much for Redshift. And Octane is cheap

For 71k, its a good card when compared with a 2080Ti. It is almost twice as fast as a RTX 2080 in some games and other it is as low as 15 to 20 percent. But except for Control (really badly made game), all other games, it stick with 60+ frames in 4K resolution.

1600271566870.png

Now in a week we'll know if RTX 3070 is worth it or not. It is an uphill task to beat or come near a 2080Ti. Recommendation for this GPU (RTX 3080) is of a 700 Watts power supply,yikees. Luckily i bought one almost 12 years ago.

Last edited:
M just waiting to see how soon they sell out on the site....hope they are in stock for atleast 24hrs...just to see how the folks are responding to it...and how many nvidia bring in.
24Hrs is a wishful thinking. I tried calling computer empire at NehruPlace and they don't any idea when cards will be available :(... Buying online seems to be the only solution for now

RTX 3080 benchmarks indicates that it is good for 4k 1440p is meh

gains are 29 to 40 in most of the games w.r.t 2080ti

Overall a good card . Also with driver maturity we will see some more improvement with time and of course with new game engines

Back