Nvidia RTX 3XXX Series announced

Came to post about the new Gigabyte 20GB model and I see that it's already been posted. Anyway here's a link on hexus if you don't like wccf.
Also that BounceAlerts company should probably raise Series A funding and become a Unicorn bahaha. I had no idea such a company existed.
Reading the comments on that Reddit thread I think the shortage was intended by Nvidia. Why the bloody hell would they officially start selling their products if they didn't have enough? Makes no sense. It will only anger their fans and the community.

Came to post about the new Gigabyte 20GB model and I see that it's already been posted. Anyway here's a link on hexus if you don't like wccf.
Also that BounceAlerts company should probably raise Series A funding and become a Unicorn bahaha. I had no idea such a company existed.
Reading the comments on that Reddit thread I think the shortage was intended by Nvidia. Why the bloody hell would they officially start selling their products if they didn't have enough? Makes no sense. It will only anger their fans and the community.
"Moores law is dead" guy was quoting the same speculation of 3080 msrp to go up by 50-60dollors

Below video by gamer nexus shed some light on the stock issue. But the thing is in India most of the e-retailers have not even received any stocks nor they have any idea when the cards will arrive. So situation is many times worse here.

So i saw a video sharing a new about the same and as per that fellow, NVIDIA will not use the naming nomenclature of "Ti" anymore but Super. There will be RTX 3080 Super with 20GB RAM/RTX 3070Super/RTX 3060 or 3060Super. These are like backups and touted to be launched when AMD releases 6900XT/6800XT/6700XT if that is the naming AMD goes with. I so wanted to buy a used 1080Ti for 30k here on this forum but now feel like waiting for 3 to 4 months will be worthwhile.

So i saw a video sharing a new about the same and as per that fellow, NVIDIA will not use the naming nomenclature of "Ti" anymore but Super. There will be RTX 3080 Super with 20GB RAM/RTX 3070Super/RTX 3060 or 3060Super. These are like backups and touted to be launched when AMD releases 6900XT/6800XT/6700XT if that is the naming AMD goes with. I so wanted to buy a used 1080Ti for 30k here on this forum but now feel like waiting for 3 to 4 months will be worthwhile.
How much will super be Costing?

How much will super be Costing?

In the lower tiers the Super GPU's usually have a 50$ premium over the reference ones while filling the gap between the next tier but that bump only comes with the same amount of VRAM.
Offering additional 10GB of VRAM could see a 200-300$ price increase or more, question is can the 3080 utilize that much effectively or is it just one of those marketing gimmicks to bump up the price ? Reminds me of all those 2GB 8600GT SKU's from back in the day, people used to purchase it thinking that it would be better but that was just there to milk idiots.
What's the max amount of VRAM that games utilize these days ? I'm guessing 8-10 GB @ 4k-8k so before paying a premium for the additional VRAM one should know what they'll be using it for and if you're only gaming I think the 10GB should suffice.

It aint 8600 generation majority of buyer now rely on YT reviews.except for few enthusiasts. I guess higher VRams shall be useful for content creation and 3d rendering purposes. Secondly Nvidia is the only company offering DL framework support. amd has not tangible support whatsoever. Every University uses hell lot of GPus for their research. My clg itself has around 100 1080ti bought in 2017. They are trying to get a new sponser for new rtx cards not sure they will stick to 2080ti or 3080.

It aint 8600 generation majority of buyer now rely on YT reviews.except for few enthusiasts. I guess higher VRams shall be useful for content creation and 3d rendering purposes. Secondly Nvidia is the only company offering DL framework support. amd has not tangible support whatsoever. Every University uses hell lot of GPus for their research. My clg itself has around 100 1080ti bought in 2017. They are trying to get a new sponser for new rtx cards not sure they will stick to 2080ti or 3080.

That's what I said, you're asking the price of a product that hasn't been announced/reviewed so all we can do is speculate.

Real world performance difference between PCIe 3.0 and PCIe 4.0. This ought to shut up all the Nvidia fanboys who claimed that only with PCIe 4.0 can you play the rtx3x in its max potential. Much bias and marketing gimmick going on.

IMG_20200919_154623.jpg

Post automatically merged:

Below video by gamer nexus shed some light on the stock issue. But the thing is in India most of the e-retailers have not even received any stocks nor they have any idea when the cards will arrive. So situation is many times worse here.
As I've been saying for years, AMD/Nvidia don't give a shit about the Indian market.
At first they will be like "YEAH WE'LL DO THIS AND THAT FOR THE INDIAN MARKET AND CONSUMERS AND HOPE TO GROW THE BUSINESS % MORE BY <INSERT RANDOM DATE AND YEAR HERE>"
Then later they will go "Oh meh. We've got bigger markets and regions to be concerned with."
No corporate company is your friend guys. They just want your money at their own desired time and convenience. So don't set your expectations too high.

Last edited:
If these are the actual numbers then 3090 is only 10-12% faster than 3080 for more than double the price
:king:
Could just be an oc'd 3080 although i dont think any reviewer was able to get 10-12% increase over stock.

Some in-game benchmarks do show 24gb ram so if true its awful. How could they claim 8k.

Back