NZXT Gamma available in Bangalore

adi_vastava

Code Game Code F**K
Adept
Hi,

Just purchased one from golcha at SP road this Monday, thought to inform other members about it.

I got it for 2050 with tax, surprisingly no other dealer (including Ankit) had any information about it. I was following up with golcha for a week or so, they received it from prime mumbai on monday, I purchased it same day :hap2:.

They told me they got 10 pieces, so in case any one interested book it soon.

Its available online at theitdepot for almost same price, I just saved the 300 shipping cost.

Thanks
Aditya

Ohh man i was very happy to know that .. i called golcha immediately .. They told it is available but @2.5k :mad:

I was about to book it online from theitdepot .. And they have quoted 1935+250 shipping -> 2185 .. hmm ill go and try to bargain if they can give me within 2200 :bleh:

happy20b said:
Ohh man i was very happy to know that .. i called golcha immediately .. They told it is available but @2.5k :mad:

I was about to book it online from theitdepot .. And they have quoted 1935+250 shipping -> 2185 .. hmm ill go and try to bargain if they can give me within 2200 :bleh:

NEW PRICE IS 2200/- INCL VAT :hap2: without bargaining :tongue:

happy20b said:
NEW PRICE IS 2200/- INCL VAT :hap2: without bargaining :tongue:

gr8. So you also bought it? :hap2:

They know its in demand and soon will be a hot selling product, I remember it was for 18+ in the it depot. I called them, they told me "you can book it, it is in transit" and than after 2 days they hiked the price.

If I am not wrong it could be because of increased VAT (1%) in karnataka).
A bit OT but I can't resist, "WTF makes the state govt. every possible tax in state". From computer parts to battery to cars. everything is costly.

Ah Feeling fine now,

good luck with your new cabby.

adi_vastava said:
gr8. So you also bought it? :hap2:

They know its in demand and soon will be a hot selling product, I remember it was for 18+ in the it depot. I called them, they told me "you can book it, it is in transit" and than after 2 days they hiked the price.

If I am not wrong it could be because of increased VAT (1%) in karnataka).
A bit OT but I can't resist, "WTF makes the state govt. every possible tax in state". From computer parts to battery to cars. everything is costly.

Ah Feeling fine now,

good luck with your new cabby.

Not yet .. i will be buying this weekend.. in it depot it is 1935 + 290 shipping .. But you were lucky to get it for 2050 .. How is your experience with caby?

happy20b said:
Not yet .. i will be buying this weekend.. in it depot it is 1935 + 290 shipping .. But you were lucky to get it for 2050 .. How is your experience with caby?

good, installation was breeze, though make sure you remove front panel while creating space for your dvd drive. every thing is there in manual. I have putted all 6 fans :hap2:

Its not very big though and additionally do not provide enough room for cable management but at this price you can not beat it.

adi_vastava said:
good, installation was breeze, though make sure you remove front panel while creating space for your dvd drive. every thing is there in manual. I have putted all 6 fans :hap2:

Its not very big though and additionally do not provide enough room for cable management but at this price you can not beat it.

Thanks for tips and suggestion .. I will keep it in mind ..
What about top and side fans exhaust or intake ? and have you put led fans . In review i found that front panel dust filter is difficult to remove.. Is cabinet smaller than CM elite 310 ?

happy20b said:
Thanks for tips and suggestion .. I will keep it in mind ..
What about top and side fans exhaust or intake ? and have you put led fans . In review i found that front panel dust filter is difficult to remove.. Is cabinet smaller than CM elite 310 ?

I am experimenting it and found that fan setup also depends upon where you are going to put your cabby. For example setup will be different for a cabby placed inside a computer table and same cabby placed on top of a table under fan.

I tried two setup,

front - in (stock one)
back - out( CM 90 CFM blue LED)
side - both in( one low CFM at bottom & one high CFM but controlled by MB connector at top to throw air on CPU and chipset)
Top - both out, one low CFM 120 mm & one 80 mm regular( I used 80 mm cause I already have it )

CPU (no OC) temps are on stock cooler - 34-35 idle & 58 load( after playing GTA IV for almost 1+ hour), with AC MX2 applied.

temp raised now days otherwise on load temp was 53.

Yes front panel dust filter is difficult to remove, atleast I have no success with it till date(not tried seriously though). I opened it half and clean it.

Can not compare with elite 310 but can post some pics of gamma if required. Any pointers on how I can post the images.

Thanks
Aditya

adi_vastava said:
I am experimenting it and found that fan setup also depends upon where you are going to put your cabby. For example setup will be different for a cabby placed inside a computer table and same cabby placed on top of a table under fan.

I tried two setup,

front - in (stock one)
back - out( CM 90 CFM blue LED)
side - both in( one low CFM at bottom & one high CFM but controlled by MB connector at top to throw air on CPU and chipset)
Top - both out, one low CFM 120 mm & one 80 mm regular( I used 80 mm cause I already have it )

CPU (no OC) temps are on stock cooler - 34-35 idle & 58 load( after playing GTA IV for almost 1+ hour), with AC MX2 applied.

temp raised now days otherwise on load temp was 53.

Yes front panel dust filter is difficult to remove, atleast I have no success with it till date(not tried seriously though). I opened it half and clean it.

Can not compare with elite 310 but can post some pics of gamma if required. Any pointers on how I can post the images.

Thanks
Aditya

thanks for your all info .. it would be nice to see your caby along with glowing LED fan. You can use imageshack to upload images .. below link is my PC config images , which I bot last month .. I din get GAMMA so bot cm elite 310 .. but since my bro is going to buy low end pc , I thot of buying GAMMA for myself n give my cm elite 310 to bro :eek:hyeah:

ImageShack Album - 9 images

By the way i have X4 630 , ASUS m4a785 td-v evo , FSP saga II 400W .. and planing to over clock both cpu and gpu at stock voltage and coolers after adding 2gb extra ram :)

happy20b said:
it would be nice to see your caby along with glowing LED fan. You can use imageshack to upload images ..

:)

I'll upload pics while system is running tomorrow, right now here is how it looks inside. i believe you are more interested in it :bleh:.

img0252aa.jpg

img0257js.jpg

img0258dz.jpg

Not sure why image are not appearing, I have inserted them through "insert image option"

here are the links

http://img208.imageshack.us/i/img0252aa.jpg/

http://img28.imageshack.us/i/img0257js.jpg/

http://img714.imageshack.us/i/img0258dz.jpg/

adi_vastava said:
Hi,

Just purchased one from golcha at SP road this Monday, thought to inform other members about it.

Hey aditya, I have a silly question, To you and others in this thread.
What's the deal with cabinets being so costly, I get it that it has some fan slots and all but can you guys enlighten me more.I see that paying 2k for a cabinet is ok i have seen some other models which are like more than 5-6k range.

Sorry don't know about it much coz i'm typing this from my 7 yrs old system with a 1.1k cabinet (powersupply was included in this price):eek:hyeah::p

adi_vastava said:
I'll upload pics while system is running tomorrow, right now here is how it looks inside. i believe you are more interested in it :bleh:.

img0252aa.jpg

img0257js.jpg

img0258dz.jpg

Not sure why image are not appearing, I have inserted them through "insert image option"

here are the links

Imageshack - img0252aa.jpg
Imageshack - img0257js.jpg
Imageshack - img0258dz.jpg

Thanks for the images .. waiting for images with LED on

G33kgod said:
even i want to kno the same is it available :huh:

viva1986 said:
LOL after reading all of the psts i got only this!:eek:hyeah:

Im not sure about delhi but you can try getting from theitdepot + shpping charge extra..

well last week price was 1935 but this week it is 2100 .. in case if you want to buy from them, ill get some points if you reffer them my mail id :) keep on checking the price and order when it drops down

Theitdepot - NZXT Gamma Black Steel Mid-Tower Case
WTF .. I wen to golcha and he quoted me 2.5k .. i had mailed him 2 days back asking abt price and he had quoted 2.2K .. when i toldhim abt that mail he replied, that was last week pricea nd now it has changed ..

I had heard right about GOLCHA .. for them it is like if not me then some on else..

Dammn im not gona by that at that price.

sh@sh! said:
What's the deal with cabinets being so costly, I get it that it has some fan slots and all but can you guys enlighten me more.I see that paying 2k for a cabinet is ok i have seen some other models which are like more than 5-6k range.

Sorry don't know about it much coz i'm typing this from my 7 yrs old system with a 1.1k cabinet (powersupply was included in this price):eek:hyeah::p

Yea .. even i had same question few moths back . .. I think there are many ppl in this community who can technically give proper answer for your question .. .If you are going with high end CPU and high end graphics card then ill suggest to go with nice cabinets and true value SMPS for power efficiency, good air ventilation and good looks ..

sh@sh! said:

Let me try it, do not think I am an expert though.

So once a guy develop passion for some game, assume GTA IV as he played GTA vice city. It was very cheap so he brought the DVD first, than to play a Rs 500 game, ordered a GTS 250 for Rs 7800 :clap:, started playing and found that while playing temps are very high inside his generic cabinet, he read on internet that temps are very important to save his costly hardware,

so now to save his 7800 Rs card, he looked for a VFM cabinet where he can put some fans, narrowed it down to gamma as he was fine with the looks as long as it is serving the purpose, so invested 2K+ for that and around 1.5K on fans :clap:.(I think I have not mentioned that he also bought a 2.6 K PSU for almost 3K due to some requirement :S), he also ordered some thermal paste and all temps were fine finally. but than out of curiosity and because of added interest in this hardware thing, he read more article and than discovered that his CPU is bottle-necking the performance of his GPU, he invested 2-3 working days (yes the guy is in job :cool2:) in office, investing all time to discuss best economic board for him & is now buying that also to over clock his processor speed a bit so that he can get few more FPS which he may not even notice while playing.:bleh:

Its very much possible that he'll invest in some good PSU & some nice heatsink later. So almost 30K already invested, for what?

If you thought "just to play a Rs 500 game"? you are a good thinker(coz you remember that) but this is not a correct answer.

The answer is developed interest or better said as PASSION,

nothing else as the guy was already playing it fine with just the card, but its the passion for technology which forced him to buy all this stuff, its his first time and hence he is playing it low, who knows what next time.:hap2:

So does the guy not aware of this, indeed he is, as HE in this narration is actually I. So this is my story :rofl:.

So as you see, its about passion nothing else, and when there is passion involve, you do not really care for money. Those big companies marketing guys know this and so they usually develop things (not just cabby but with many others things) with higher quality material, there is a good amount of engineering involve in a cabinet which actually take care of heat/air flow, all components placements, space for other component etc etc. And than the fashion statement and the brand which also plays a big role in cost.(Add more guys if I have missed some thing)

To list few short comings of my 2000 Rs gamma, it is not very good at cable management, can not actually fit very big cooler with all fans installed & few more.

So as you might have noticed the passion of bikers and racers, this is for GAMERS.

Thanks for bearing it,(Who is throwing first tomato :tongue: by the way (I am allergic to eggs, so no eggs please) )
Aditya

TheOneVj said:
Can anyone please tell me where can i get Gamma in pune? my dealer is still hunting it for me.

Tell your dealer that prime is the distributor for it, I remember his sticker on the box even though I bought it at bangalore.

Back