CPU/Mobo OCing Mobo & PSU for E7200, HD3650

RaSh

Disciple
Hi,

I had recently bought a HD 3650 gfx card (Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100237L Radeon HD 3650 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards ) and g-skill 4gb ram ( Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory )

Now i need to buy the following items :
Proccy( intel E7200)
Mobo
HDD (will buy WD 650gb)
PSU ( coolermaster 460w)

Im pretty confused regarding the mobo, Abit IP35-E seems to be a good choice but some ppl say it is already outdated and it has got only pci-e 1.0 slot. Will it be a constraint in the future when i upgrade my gfx card?( say 1andhalf yrs from now, but i wont go for crossfire). Even my current card hd 3650 is pci-e 2.0.

While AMD has a rock solid mobo with 780g chipset, searching for a non-intel branded mobo for intel proccy has been a pain so far.

I am planning to overclock E7200 to 3ghz, hence the mobo should have good overclocking capabilities.
Can u suggest an alternative mobo if i cant get IP35-E or Biostar TP35. My budget for the mobo is 5 to 5.5k. MSI's p45 mobo seems to be priced > 6k.

Thanks in advance.

p.s- any1 here bought IP35-E from ritchie street?

I am still planning to go for IP35-E only. But its very hard to find in ritchie street and i dont want to order it online.

I dont want to go for MSI p35 Neo combo(the one which supports both ddr2 and ddr3) since ive already got 4gb i wont be going for ddr3.

If i cant get IP35-E and Biostar tp35 which mobos should i be looking at?

You can check out the Gigabyte G33 Series motherboards as well. They are well built and decent overclockers. They will save you a bundle as well.

Just one question - Why the hell did you get a HD3650 ????? Its slower and more expensive than a 8600 GT.

no Not really. i checked out benchmarks and hd 3650 was faster than 8600 gt but slower than 8600gts.

btw i bought it in march when it was retailing for arnd 100$ :)

but i got in only y'day :p

anyway its history.

Let me checkout G33. i hope it supports dual ddr2.

both e7200 and gskill ram r good overclockers. Thats why i dont want the mobo to be a bottleneck.

Nice scores he's got there.

that mobo is slightly exceeds my budget by just 6k :p

@bf1983

u seem to be using giga g31 mobo..how is it?

btw wats the diff between g31 and g33?

huh? pappu boy was referring to bf1983's oc and scores.. that mobo costs barely 3k.. nowhere near the 6k overshoot of the budget that you are referring to

oh! oops i was actually looking at the previous one which had e7200 overclocked to 4ghz.

the mobo was asus p5q deluxe.

my bad!

^^ The G33 has got SATA raid, 4 ram slots (instead of 2), a better onboard sound and IEEE firewire port. I did not have use for any of the above and so went with the cheaper G31 motherboard.

But I believe the G33 based motherboard has solid state capacitors for better OC performance.

Biostar TP43D2-A7 P43 chipset based motherboard .Apparently it performs as good as the P45 chipset ones.This mobo is also good for OC.

Price=5.2K :hap2: :hap2:

Asus P5K-VM is also good , its G33 chipset board but overclocks very good and got more features than IP-35 E , it is around 5.2k i think

Back