PC Peripherals Of PSU, UPS, PFC and Sine wave

Guys I'm having a huge problem with my UPS and Inverter... Here are the specs of UPS, PSU and Inverter. Please help me out:

Inverter: http://srsenterprises.net/wp-content/themes/srs/images/microtek_offline/pdf/UPS SEBz-850VA.pdf
UPS: http://www.apc.com/shop/in/en/produ...out-auto-shutdown-software-India/P-BX600CI-IN
PSU: http://www.antec.com/product.php?id=706329&fid=5022051&lan=nz

The problem is, all the power sockets in my house are supported already by the inverter. But when electricity goes, the computer shuts down which is why I thought of getting a UPS.

Today afternoon there was a power cut and the UPS gave me enough time to shut down the PC but in the evening again there was power cut but the UPS shut down immediately.

Also there are two modes in my inverter: 100 - 300 VA and 180 - 260 VA. Which one do I keep? I read somewhere that my PC won't restart if I keep inverter in 180 - 260 VA mode. Till now I was on 100 - 300 VA mode. The inverter has pure sine-wave.

Do I even need the UPS or will keeping the inverter in 180 - 260 VA mode be sufficient?

And in the afternoon and evening I was playing the same game without running any additional tasks or programs then why did the PC not shut down in the afternoon but in the evening it shut down the moment there was a power cut?

I am having issues with booting my computer.. When power button is pressed all fan moves for a second then stop. On removing graphic card, 2 rams and DVD ROM, on starting PC the PSU and cpu fan moves well but no booting..

On reading around forums it appears that the issue is with PSU.. I have a Corsair CX400 psu which is now out of warranty (5yrs old)..
Now the question is should I get it repaired from Corsair service centre or its better to throw it away and get a new one as it is not in warranty??
Does repair costs feasible?

I have an inverter and my PC doesn't turn off in case of a power cut if I'm browsing/idle or if my game is minimised but if the power cut occurs while I'm gaming, the PC turns off even though I can turn it on without issues. Is there a solution for this? My inverter seems to be capable of handling my PC load then why does it turn off if the power cut occurs when gaming?

You didn't say what the inverter capacity is. 850VA? 1000VA? 1500VA?
Just looking at that post, your inverter is not capable of running your pc during full load. When gaming, the gpu goes into full usage and that spikes the usage by 70+ watts or whatever gpu usage is in addition to the 150+ watts what your computer is already using. Plus add to that fans, lights etc in home and you can see that the total load would be way above the inverter rated capacity in watts.

Inverter has a UPS mode, check if its enabled.
there are two modes in my inverter: 100 - 300 VA and 180 - 260 VA.

You didn't say what the inverter capacity is. 850VA? 1000VA? 1500VA?
Just looking at that post, your inverter is not capable of running your pc during full load. When gaming, the gpu goes into full usage and that spikes the usage by 70+ watts or whatever gpu usage is in addition to the 150+ watts what your computer is already using. Plus add to that fans, lights etc in home and you can see that the total load would be way above the inverter rated capacity in watts.

I need something to fill in the gap before my inverter kicks in. The inverter needs around a second or so to take over when there's a power cut during which the PC turns off if I'm gaming. If that gap is filled, I'll be good

850 VA. Model is microtek SEBZ 850 VA

there are two modes in my inverter: 100 - 300 VA and 180 - 260 VA.

I need something to fill in the gap before my inverter kicks in. The inverter needs around a second or so to take over when there's a power cut during which the PC turns off if I'm gaming. If that gap is filled, I'll be good

I think you mean 100-300 Volts and 180-260 Volts. That 180-260Volts one is probably the UPS setting. But it won't magically reduce the switchover time. It just reduces the working voltage of the inverter.

850VA ~ around 500 Watts peak load. It is enough for the pc. I think any 650VA UPS will do to fill that ms gap between inverter switchover and power failure.

850VA ~ around 500 Watts peak load. It is enough for the pc. I think any 650VA UPS will do to fill that ms gap between inverter switchover and power failure.

I have a 600VA APC UPS with max power draw of 360W which is unable to support the PC when I'm gaming

Have you checked the battery? How old is the battery?

Edit: I'm asking because, if you have an inverter and UPS already, then the ups should not fail for that 1ms it has to take the pc load. I doubt even during gaming your pc will take more than 360W power the ups can handle.

Have you checked the battery? How old is the battery?

Edit: I'm asking because, if you have an inverter and UPS already, then the ups should not fail for that 1ms it has to take the pc load. I doubt even during gaming your pc will take more than 360W power the ups can handle.

Yeah. APC technician visited and told me the UPS capacity is not enough for my PC. Btw now my PC specs are: i5 4460, GTX 1070ti mini, 2 x 8GB DDR3 RAM sticks, Antec 550W PSU. It wouldn't be able to support my PC even when I had GTX 960 and just 8GB RAM though.

Yeah. APC technician visited and told me the UPS capacity is not enough for my PC. Btw now my PC specs are: i5 4460, GTX 1070ti mini, 2 x 8GB DDR3 RAM sticks, Antec 550W PSU. It wouldn't be able to support my PC even when I had GTX 960 and just 8GB RAM though.
So total load would be around - 84 W for cpu +180W for gpu + 6W for 2 x ram +5 W for mobo + 9W for one hdd = 284W for components not including psu. PSU won't draw full 550W from mains. Just this 280W + little bit extra according to its power factor. Still adding 10W or 20W extra to this is 300W which is 60W less than full load of 650VA UPS.

If you still believe your UPS cant power the system, get a 1000VA UPS.

So total load would be around - 84 W for cpu +180W for gpu + 6W for 2 x ram +5 W for mobo + 9W for one hdd = 284W for components not including psu. PSU won't draw full 550W from mains. Just this 280W + little bit extra according to its power factor. Still adding 10W or 20W extra to this is 300W which is 60W less than full load of 650VA UPS.

If you still believe your UPS cant power the system, get a 1000VA UPS.

I read a bit about PSUs that use active PFC. Mine also has active PFC but my inverter is pure sinewave so I wonder why it isn't working properly. The inverter manual said to switch inverter to 180 - 260 V mode to reduce switchover time but that hasn't helped and today during a voltage fluctuation my PC turned off while I was gaming.

Hey Guys, don't know if this has asked before, but whenever I turn on fan, mixer grinder, or the refrigerator compressor starts up, my monitor which is Acer EB321HQU turns off for 1 second and turns back on, will the stabilizer or UPS help me getting rid of this issue, confused between which to buy and what power, Please help.

Hey Guys, don't know if this has asked before, but whenever I turn on fan, mixer grinder, or the refrigerator compressor starts up, my monitor which is Acer EB321HQU turns off for 1 second and turns back on, will the stabilizer or UPS help me getting rid of this issue, confused between which to buy and what power, Please help.
Ideally your PC must be connected to some kind of UPS (if you have home UPS, that works). Otherwise, you can get an APC UPS. Stabilizers wont work with PC components at all. Dont bother with them.

Ideally your PC must be connected to some kind of UPS (if you have home UPS, that works). Otherwise, you can get an APC UPS. Stabilizers wont work with PC components at all. Dont bother with them.
Thank you very much bro. I'll go with APC UPS

Most likely replacing the HDMI/dp cable will help sort this issue.

Can anyone recommend a good 750 watts gpu ?
I recently got hold of a asus tuf 3070 oc and ill need to upgrade my psu for it
My Rig is :
Ryzen 7 1600
msi x370 gaming plus
16gb gskill ram

Id want a good psu as its a one time investment prefereably modular
any suggestions would be really helpful

Back