Budget 21-30k Office PC - Server and 24 x 7 use

What is your budget?

What is your existing hardware configuration?
This is gonna be a new one. My earlier one was intel Sandybridge i5 based.

Which hardware will you be keeping?

This PC is apart from the one I have been using.
Have a spare WD 500GB Blue which I am using here.
BenQ G2220. Might buy DELL S2240L after getting the review by @gREen

Which hardware component are you looking to buy . If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
CPU - Intel Haswell or Ivy. Not going AMD, though the other 5 PC Connected with are AMD and intel i5(Sandy).
Motherboard - any compatible motherboard
GPU - Onboard. Not Interested in Gfx Card.
RAM - Corsair>GSkill>Samsung - 8GB card
PSU - Probably Seasonic or Corsair
ODD - None. ( Will use ASUS External for installation)
Cabinet - Corsair 200R or any other simple ones.Have NZxt Elite 210 for the sandy PC.

Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component.
None. Install and Use this rig. Probably add couple of drives & Display mentioned above.

Where will you buy this hardware?
Chennai
Open to online purchase

Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market?
No. New ones for this one.

What is your intended use for this PC/hardware?
Browsing
Desktop Processing
Office Use. With Tally Server and SQL Server networked & connecting to other 7 PC
Important Criteria: 24x7 operation. So stress on Low Power Rig.

Do you have any brand preference or dislike?
If any Brand is good and has good ASS, I am game.

If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
None.

What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage?
Desktop - 1920x1080

Are you looking to overclock?
No

Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 7 64 bit

i5 - 4430 / 3.0 GHz -rs.12850
asus B85M-G - rs.6200
8gb ddr3 @1600mhz- rs.4250( or 2X4gb since it is a server u can run with one ram even if one fails during urgency )
Seasonic S12II 430 -rs3500
CM ELITE 311 -rs2200

Last edited:
Thanks again @senthil
Few Doubts:
1) Is Haswell i5 - 4430 justify its old brother ivy i5 3330. Performance & power consumption wise.
2) Few models for the 8GB Ram will be better
3) Where is S12II 430 available at such price?

Thanks for the clarification of CPUs. Looks good on paper and it consumes a bit more power and marginally hotter.
The RAM mentioned in Deltapage is Value RAM from Corsair & TSend . I am considering other models for Transcend ASS is PITA. I have been using XMS3 and Samsung RAM for my other rigs.
Thanks for the flipkart. I forgot it existed for seasonic.

I am getting only vengeance and not xms here.
Also which is better of these.

Also is there a heating trouble with Haswell i5 4430 as I am intending to run it with intel bundled fan and not game for other coolers.
Also what other motherboard models can I get.
Is intel 85 or 87 series suited for the above proccy. Someone mentioned that 87 is far more suited for haswell. Is 85 series VFM as I am not into Gaming and that

Guys Help required.
Is there a heating trouble with Haswell i5 4430 as I am intending to run it with intel bundled fan and not game for other coolers.
Also suggest me a suitable H87 Mobo to go with above.
Suggest me a model with all nos for the DDR3 8Gb & 4Gb RAM.

Thanks for the clarification of CPUs. Looks good on paper and it consumes a bit more power and marginally hotter.
Is there a heating trouble with Haswell i5 4430 as I am intending to run it with intel bundled fan and not game for other coolers.
Haswell itself uses less power, but the TDP is higher because they've shifted part of the VRM (usually on the motherboard) onto the chip package. They seem to be using the same Ivy bridge coolers, so thats probably why its insufficient. But your 4430 isn't clocked as high as the i7 chips, so might probably be ok.

Is intel 85 or 87 series suited for the above proccy. Someone mentioned that 87 is far more suited for haswell. Is 85 series VFM as I am not into Gaming and that
Nothing like that. There are only differences in peripheral features between chipsets. Wiki has a nice chart for comparison :
kNSZNzw.gif

Of course higher-end chipsets imply more expensive boards, so to justify the cost manufacturers put in the extra work in terms of build quality.

@Crazy_Eddy
Thanks for the clarification on intel 4430.
Also suggest me a suitable H87 Mobo to go with above. Also is Asus B85M-G better or should I go for other model.
Suggest me with RAMs with model no for the DDR3 8Gb & 4Gb RAM

Yeah the B85M-G looks good enough. Or the Asus H87M-E if you need the H87 chipset's additional features.

Just pick up any 1600MHz DDR3 sticks with low latency. Since everything's running at stock there's no need to get anything fancy.

Back