Budget 31-40k Office+ System Suggestion Requires

Emperor

Skilled
My Uses :
  1. Daily 13-15 hrs. Continuous use, no restart/showdown etc.
  2. Android emulator - BlueStack (3-4 apps + Whatsapp Account keep open anytime/every time)
  3. Requires to open minimum 3 different browser at a time (FireFox, Opera, Comodo Icedragon, Chrome)
  4. minimum 10 Tabs (randomly from any of above Browser) requires to keep open/surfing at all time.
  5. Photoshop/PhotoScape keep open for few Images/cut/copy/paste/brightness changes etc.
  6. Windows OFFICE Suite
  7. YouTube for Uploading/Downloading and Testing Videos/Demos
  8. Windows Movie Maker (while using movie maker, trying to keep minimum browser should be open)
  9. 2-3 hrs. for YouTube Cartoon/Movie/TV Serial.
  10. Not in Gaming, hardly play any game ever.
  11. No Air Conditioning and Too Much Dusty Environment, need to clean cabinet every 3-4 months gap.

Existing System:- (now board went kaput, after 9 yrs. use)
  1. Intel i5-2400 (2011 bought)
  2. Intel DH67BL Board (2011 bought)
  3. 1TB WD Blue
  4. LG DVD Writer
  5. 16GB DDR 3 RAM (4GB x 4)
  6. MSI R7 240 (2GB DDR3) Card
  7. Corsair CX550 Power Supply
  8. Keyboard
  9. Mouse
Wish to use following H/W with New Build System:
  • 1TB WD Blue
  • LG DVD Writer
  • MSI R7 240 (2GB DDR3) Graphic Card (suffice for my work)
  • Corsair CX550 Power Supply
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse
Now, looking for suggestion from you for following components only:-
  1. Processor (Intel/AMD) should suffice for Next 5-7 yrs.
  2. Mother Board (any good/study brand)
  3. RAM - 16GB
  4. Cabinet Full Size (Don't want Fancy/mesh/RGB LED etc. Just 2 led indicator max for System Power & HDD and that too, BLUE COLOR... i dislike RED LED)
Post automatically merged:

@bssunilreddy suggest his best:-

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, -13k
MSI B450 Gaming Pro MAX AC, -16k
G.Skill SniperX 16GB(8GBx2) 3600Mhz, kit -7k
Antec GX202 Blue LED Cabinet -3k

Or

AMD Ryzen 3 3300X, -11k
MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, -12k

I some what inclined towards Ryzen 3- 3300X (though I'm not in Over Clocking), but found it best (7nm/Speed/L3 Cache)

Last edited:
Both configurations are good
So it's very tricky to suggest but I would like the APU config if the purpose is only Office and opening some chrome tabs. And I don't know about other things like does a standalone GPU is beneficial for other purposes.
So wait for others suggestions as well.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, -13k
MSI B450 Gaming Pro MAX AC, -16k

Why spend so much on mobo ? Instead save money there. You can get good B450 based mobo in about 8-9K. From rest of 7-8K saved, get Ryzen 5 3600 and SSD for boot drive may be ?

Why spend so much on mobo ? Instead save money there. You can get good B450 based mobo in about 8-9K. From rest of 7-8K saved, get Ryzen 5 3600 and SSD for boot drive may be ?

Yes, good suggestion about save on board.

Now I'm in dilemma that is 3600 (12nm) really give more speed (noticeable boost) to my work type over 3300X (7nm and more CX in each core)

Please note, I really do not understand what is CX (and also in doubnt if he called it as CX or something else... ) in CPU Core, but some YouTube Reviewer said that it is good and that's why 3300x as good (or near to equal with) as 3600.

Hi,

Considering my uses (on OP), any suggestion between
  1. Ryzen 3 - 3500
  2. Ryzen 3 - 3300X
  3. Ryzen 3 - 3600

Last edited:
The IGP in 2400G or 3400G are much more powerful than the R7 240 and should be much more power efficient too.
Regarding CPU since your multitask a lot (from the OP) I think more cores/threads will be more beneficial to you than higher IPC. So your CPU choice couuld be 3600>3500>3300X.
BTW whats your budget.

The IGP in 2400G or 3400G are much more powerful than the R7 240 and should be much more power efficient too.
Regarding CPU since your multitask a lot (from the OP) I think more cores/threads will be more beneficial to you than higher IPC. So your CPU choice could be 3600>3500>3300X.
BTW whats your budget.

Hi,

Budget can be upto 50,000/-, but my personal experience is that none of my system work flawlessly for more then 5 years (must be due to lot of dust/up to 15 hrs of constant load/no air condition).

so wish to keep budget as low as possible, thus can buy new (Motherboard + processor) after 5-6 years, and no regret to let go of old system, if I didn't invested heavily in old system.

Now I'm in dilemma that is 3600 (12nm) really give more speed (noticeable boost) to my work type over 3300X (7nm and more CX in each core)

Please note, I really do not understand what is CX (and also in doubnt if he called it as CX or something else... ) in CPU Core, but some YouTube Reviewer said that it is good and that's why 3300x as good (or near to equal with) as 3600.

Both 3600 and 3300X are on 7nm lithography. I think you would be referring to single core IPC when saying 3300X and 3600 perform identically. But for multitasking, 3600 would beat 3300X easily. This is list I have compiled from a YT vid - plainly numbers; 3600 is faster between 20-40% compared to 3300X when multitasking. But in gaming - more oriented towards single core performance - its nearly same.
1596423579548.png

Given the cost difference, you may choose to go with 3300X for now. Fact that i5-2400 based system without SSD, survived you this long,; you would be doing good with 3300X.

For motherboard, there are two options; get B450 based mobo and upgrade entire rig after 5-6 years or get B550 based mobo, upgrade your CPU to Zen3 based Ryzen 4000 series after 2-3 years and be set for another 4-5 years.

Apart from this, I would suggest to add atleast 250GB of SSD on your system as OS drive. This will speedup system to an great extent. Get something on the lines of Crucial MX500 250GB M.2 drive.

@vyral_143,

This is first time, since 1996, I will build AMD System (yes, was Intel Fanboy)

Please suggest me following with Exact Model/Make Number as in market there are various H/W with identical model numbers.
  1. Decent B450 Based Motherboard
  2. Crucial MX500 250GB M.2 drive
  3. Is any Stock Cooler Fan etc., arrive with AMD 3300X or need to buy any 3rd Party Cooler Fan (Processor Cooling Fan)
Thank you for your suggestions

@vyral_143,

This is first time, since 1996, I will build AMD System (yes, was Intel Fanboy)

Please suggest me following with Exact Model/Make Number as in market there are various H/W with identical model numbers.
  1. Decent B450 Based Motherboard
  2. Crucial MX500 250GB M.2 drive
  3. Is any Stock Cooler Fan etc., arrive with AMD 3300X or need to buy any 3rd Party Cooler Fan (Processor Cooling Fan)
Asrock b450 pro 4 motherboard is good.
Asrock steel legend b450 is better
Go with one that suits your budget

@vyral_143 & Others,

Was happy with i5-2400 & MSI R7 240 (2GB DDR3) Card , but Mobo died and all mess.

If I go with Ryzen 3300X & MSI R7 240 (2GB DDR3) Card , will it gave me same i5-2400 or better experience?

Now using other Intel system (i3-6890P, 8GB DDR4, On-Board Graphic), it hangs as soon as I open ALL 3 (10 browser tab + BlueStacks + Photoshop)

While searching online I found all Hardware prices are inflated due to Corona & China Issue (After 13 June all Prices are increased lot).

So, for time being (to wait for price regularized or Ryzen 4000 Launch), if I just buy RAM (G.Skill SniperX 16GB (8GBx2) 3600Mhz, kit -7k ) and add with (i3-6890P, 8GB DDR4, On-Board Graphic), will I get at least i5-2400 speed & performance and once price settled down then will jump to buy other items to complete AMD system?

Note: Graphic Card sent for replacement, just lying with seller since last 10 days, as he found that service center too are not working at full, just piles up lot of retruns with them but no repair/solution etc., so he told me that he will send to service center, once sevice center start clearing earlier replacements etc.

If I go with Ryzen 3300X & MSI R7 240 (2GB DDR3) Card , will it gave me same i5-2400 or better experience?
Much better experience.

GFX unit on i3-6098P is toned down. Have you got chance to try GPU with i3 based system in past ?

Much better experience. GFX unit on i3-6098P is toned down. Have you got chance to try GPU with i3 based system in past ?

No, as i5 was working ok and no such need to check with i3.

@vyral_143 ; @bssunilreddy

As my Graphic card is with Dealer and no sign when it will reach to service center and from service center when it will back to me....

if I wish to go with basic Graphic Card (not for gaming, as I never played game on pc... except Angry Bird :D)

Budget as low as possible,

Regards

Last edited:
Get a 4-5k motherboard. Plenty of popular ones in that range. Get a second hand high core count ryzen processor for 10-12k (8cores of possible). Sell the current gfx card and use the money saved from the mobo & proc to get a nice second hand gfx card for 5-10k. I have a zotac mini 1060 6b that I replaced with an rx580 for hackintosh. It gives consistent good frame rates in games (I know you don't play but I didn't either till I got a good card) and works very well with photoshop etc too. I might sell it.

Plus increase the budget a bit and add an ssd. This is an absolute must have. Get an nvme one of you can. Some of the cheap and mobos have nvme port too. During sales they can go for as low as 3-4k for 250gb drives. Just grab one if you can. Else sata evo 860/850 250gb second hand or new will also do fine.

For a little more this pc will be 30-50% faster than anything in current specs you listed above just on processing.

And adding ssd will make it feel like 10x faster than your current system.

Get a 4-5k motherboard. Plenty of popular ones in that range. Get a second hand high core count ryzen processor for 10-12k (8cores of possible). Sell the current gfx card and use the money saved from the mobo & proc to get a nice second hand gfx card for 5-10k. I have a zotac mini 1060 6b that I replaced with an rx580 for hackintosh. It gives consistent good frame rates in games (I know you don't play but I didn't either till I got a good card) and works very well with photoshop etc too. I might sell it.

Plus increase the budget a bit and add an ssd. This is an absolute must have. Get an nvme one of you can. Some of the cheap and mobos have nvme port too. During sales they can go for as low as 3-4k for 250gb drives. Just grab one if you can. Else sata evo 860/850 250gb second hand or new will also do fine.

For a little more this pc will be 30-50% faster than anything in current specs you listed above just on processing.

Hi,

I don't mind to go with used/secondhand system, but really never deal with any (other then RAM) in used/secondhand products, thus hesitating to buy.

Also, have no source from where can by used but reliably non-repaired parts.

There is one Graphic Card from PowerColor, prime says it's worth 12000/- but now selling for just Rs.6750/- , is it worth?

Last edited:
Hi,

I don't mind to go with used/secondhand system, but really never deal with any (other then RAM) in used/secondhand products, thus hesitating to buy.

Also, have no source from where can by used but reliably non-repaired parts.

There is one Graphic Card from PowerColor, prime says it's worth 12000/- but now selling for just Rs.6750/- , is it worth?

Lol don't get anything lesser than 570. @Arya has a few second hand 580s that you can get. Or you want nvidia can buy my Zotac 1060mini 6gb card. Its pretty nifty. Don't get cheap brands like powercolour.

Reliable brands like asus, zotac, sapphire etc are better even out of warranty than these cheap brands since the hardware is great and only usage is a factor.

Processor you can get from TE or olx, upgrading on Ryzen a much easier thing since you just have to change processor. Just have to fish for a good deal.

Hi,

Please suggest any 4-5k priced motherboard... my dealer ask me for Brand/Model Number

Regards

Hi,

Please suggest any 4-5k priced motherboard... my dealer ask me for Brand/Model Number

Regards
You'll have to research cause I forgot the ones I had picked a few months ago. There are always some stellar gigabyte, msi and asus mobos in this range. You can check Reddit buildapc & hackintosh forums for builds.

Back