Car & Bike Official Royal Enfield Bullet Thread

@Gurpartap Singh: no.it is Original silencer.yeah ,I know many goes for aftermarket goldstar one.already accustomed with gears.used to ride a std bull of my friend some 8 years before. gears are on the hard side(as in sticky).will have to change engine oil, gear oil etc today.

@maverik:well ,I paid 50K for this.actually ,swapped my pulsar 180+some cash for this model.kms run :9560.xx .owner is a rice wholesaler in southern districts of kerala busy with his journeys(in car).so ,he just used the bull for casual ride inside the town.

any tips for oil changes?what all should I look for?I think engine oil is veedol 20W50 right? .

@ROCKFELLA :well ,buddy you may follow guru nandan's tips?

Nandanmotors : Homepage

ROCKFELLA said:
Am leaving for ladakh on the 7th. Any tips Praka?

I would surely have joined you, if only I had time on my hands.

While certainly not Ladakh, I went on a Rajasthan-Gujarat tour in March this year, which spanned for 15 days and 4500 kms in total. I had my Machismo modified a little for this journey. Installation of a car cigarette lighter is really a good idea. That alone enables you to use phone chargers, electronic tube inflator, a variety of other electronic devices designed for portable car use, and of course - for cigarettes. :p

I also installed a sealant liquid (procured from Firefox Bicycles, Lajpat Nagar) in both tubes, which saves you from getting stuck in a desert because of a flat tire. And twice it did! Also keep a few spare parts with you - spare tube (new), clutch wire and break wire, a spark plug or two, and some engine oil if you can change the same on your own.

Luckily, I never had any problems in two of my long distance rides (1650 and 4500kms). But Ladakh is a different story. I recommend you pay a visit to xBHP forums for better guidance and help on this subject matter.

And best of luck for your adventure! :hap2: Ride safe!

^O000ps!what a miss!! :D .

then ,@rock:for ladakh some different engine oil grade? change to 0W50(not sure whether it is available) while you enter freeze zone.then change to normal 20W50 afterwards.what say?

^nice :) and had you done something with silencer for a better thump ?

well ,my electra 4s sounds just enough with stock silencer :)

Thanks for the replying. The charger idea seems very good. I am based in gurgaon, will get my bike serviced today. Any idea about which oil to be used in high altitudes :(
Yamaraj said:
I would surely have joined you, if only I had time on my hands.

While certainly not Ladakh, I went on a Rajasthan-Gujarat tour in March this year, which spanned for 15 days and 4500 kms in total. I had my Machismo modified a little for this journey. Installation of a car cigarette lighter is really a good idea. That alone enables you to use phone chargers, electronic tube inflator, a variety of other electronic devices designed for portable car use, and of course - for cigarettes. :p

I also installed a sealant liquid (procured from Firefox Bicycles, Lajpat Nagar) in both tubes, which saves you from getting stuck in a desert because of a flat tire. And twice it did! Also keep a few spare parts with you - spare tube (new), clutch wire and break wire, a spark plug or two, and some engine oil if you can change the same on your own.

Luckily, I never had any problems in two of my long distance rides (1650 and 4500kms). But Ladakh is a different story. I recommend you pay a visit to xBHP forums for better guidance and help on this subject matter.

And best of luck for your adventure! :hap2: Ride safe!

praka123 said:
^O000ps!what a miss!! :D .
then ,@rock:for ladakh some different engine oil grade? change to 0W50(not sure whether it is available) while you enter freeze zone.then change to normal 20W50 afterwards.what say?

@rockfella:

http://www.orkut.co.in/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=867016&tid=5229016219247979581

@others:

I bought a 2005 electra 4S for 50k(my bad!) and tappet noise is so high that I gave it to the bullet expert Sunny Chettan(muvattupuzha,cochin kerala) .bullet is in good condition.Yesterday evening ,I went to sunny chettan's garage to see whats up.He showed me that the engine is already opened ,a

"mahl"(?not sure!) brand piston is there.

I dont know the piston size and whether it is first bore or not.bull was pulling fine except this tappet noise.Now as a permanant solution ,Sunny Chettan ordered custom brass made valve guides for my bull(by default bulls comes with gun metal valveguides,I dont know what it is!).he also is gonna change engine ,clutch oils.He prefers castrol GTX used for cars!10w30 for clutch oil.One thing I liked in my bike is ,that it does not have oil leak.does Electra 4S 2004+ fixed that problem?also ,How to correct (if any) speedometer errors ?

Now to the Original Problem- as of Now bullet is running fine with good pulling and no back fire etc.but I want to know how many years or kilometers that rebored cylinder lives?after a year or so ,should I get a OEM RE Cylinder-piston kit and replace the Old one.BTW ,mine is CI(cast Iron) engine.

Next - where can I get a owners manual for bullet electra 4S?can I get one from RE ?or any one here willing to courier me a copy?

Thanks.

expecting the bull after service on wednesday :)

EDIT:

yep... the initial A350's were the ones that came with the del. Also

the pistons were original mahle pistons which did last for quite a whack.

the bs carb is known as an intelligent carb as it senses the amount of

fuel needed to be pushed in.. quite helpful to the engine.

there hve been a few t-birds running on a del/ mikarb which when

finely tuned improves/enhances the pick up and top end speed. Mileage

of course is the one that is not thought about.

A slide carb when finely tuned to match the engine gives quite a

response when the throttle is yanked.

http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache:RUu3ozgJEDgJ:www.nabble.com/Dell'orto-Carb-info-td17747246.html+enfield+mahle+piston&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=in&client=firefox-a

but I am on a CI bullet and then mahl piston?that means it is not rebored ?uff!

Does Electra 4S CI comes with MAHLE pistons?

Got my bull serviced yesterday, got new Studds black matt finish helmet + horn. Going to Karol bagh to get sleeping bag, rear rack, tough tubes and some more accessories. My friends from mumbai are in Pushkar right now. BTW just yetsreday i came to know that hes got a 500CC Machismo! Gawd!!!! :thumb:

Anyone knows about Honda "tough tubes"? Have heard they last 5-6 punctures easily Rs. 400-500 each tube?

using nitrogen to fill will help your bike to NOT loose tyre pressure as normal air does.it is now available in kerala in most towns.CEAT showrooms most got nitrogen filling systems. :)

I got my bike after every work finished by sunny chettan's garage.he adviced me to ride between 40 and 55 for first 500kms.tappet noise problem solved(currently ,but a character of bulls).changed engine oil with castrol gtx car wala oil and clutch oil with hero honda 4T 10W30 oil. half a kg of grease is applied on gearbox.taillight had a crack ;replaced.Thump is now much better!.mileage as sunny chettan said ,will be low for next 100-200kms -apprx 20-25kmpl :( .He promised that bull will give 40kmpl at minimum once his work completes on 500th km.I believe him.afterall he is a very good bullet mechanic here- for the past 30+ years.

it is night now.tomorrow I will post a beautiful pic of my beauty. :eek:hyeah:

ROCKFELLA said:
Anyone knows about Honda "tough tubes"? Have heard they last 5-6 punctures easily Rs. 400-500 each tube?

Tuff-up tubes available at Honda spares shops.Rs.420 bux a pop.Available in 3.00/18 size only.I don't think it will fit into the 19" bullet wheel and it can withstand few small nails but not anything bigger than that.

Electra 4S Owner's manuel copy.anyone?

I got mine Electra 4S 2005 model(used) a week back.owner doesn't have owners manual with him.Can Someone take a colour/BW photostat of the same and attach as pdf or simply courier me the same? I searched net extensively.but service manual is only available.

please help.

you can attach the pdf in site's like Mega File Upload - Free File Hosting and post the link here.

please ,it is urgent .

used my canon powershot A590 to click below pics.for bigger resolution ,visit Flickr: prakashjk's Photostream

2849434721_f909ee8baf_b.jpg

2849436479_ee0c8bd914.jpg

2850266452_18d2092073.jpg

2850273226_cde3fc6e90.jpg

2849435619_a9cde44fae.jpg

Howz it?:eek:hyeah:

ആമ്പിള്ളേരുടെ മോട്ടോര് സൈക്കിള് എന്നാല് ബുള്ളറ്റ് തന്നെ!

^^Wow, lucky guy! I wish i had the moolah (*thinks about taking a loan*). That taillight is not the one which comes with Electra, right? RD350 used to have that kind.

just returned from town and in front of my house ,clutch cable broken :mad: .

now have to get a mech to fix it ,as I dont have the tools and neither the experience.

EDIT: Fixed :D

..and why so sleepy everyone?revive this thread.

going tom for a trip tomorrow to source some spares for my indica from thrissoor.(approx 160kms total incl to and fro).sad thing is ,have to ride it below 55kmph in highways :S

Back