Car & Bike Official Royal Enfield Bullet Thread

Have you taken a test drive of classic 350 or standard ?

For your needs classic will serve easily. You may alter the seats if you wish for more comfort. Fuel economy would be 35-40 max.
Ya I have driven Thunderbird and bullet once. Thunderbird was very comfortable.[DOUBLEPOST=1411702041][/DOUBLEPOST]Would Thunderbird be not a good choice for me? I like the seating comfort of Thunderbird. I didnt have to lean forward onto the handle. Kinda laidback and comfortable.

Last edited:
@aquaticbullet gng to the showroom today for test driving TB and classic. Isn't TB viable option for my needs?
Im aware the waiting period is long but any idea how much is it right now?

See all these 350 bikes share the same engine. So don't worry about which is better.

Just check if the ergonomics of the bike suit your riding stance and body proportions or not. In this case, if thunderbird is one which gives you more comfort then go ahead with it. You just can't be wrong while selecting anyone among 350s.
IMO waiting period will be a minimum of 3 months. Depends on dealer and your luck though. Try to book your bike through dealer who is not located at prime location. for eg: If you are in delhi you can go and book from nangloi (outskirts of delhi). These dealers can arrange the bike in less time due to lower sales from that area. Post purchase you can get your bike serviced from dealer who is more convinient.

See all these 350 bikes share the same engine. So don't worry about which is better.

Just check if the ergonomics of the bike suit your riding stance and body proportions or not. In this case, if thunderbird is one which gives you more comfort then go ahead with it. You just can't be wrong while selecting anyone among 350s.
IMO waiting period will be a minimum of 3 months. Depends on dealer and your luck though. Try to book your bike through dealer who is not located at prime location. for eg: If you are in delhi you can go and book from nangloi (outskirts of delhi). These dealers can arrange the bike in less time due to lower sales from that area. Post purchase you can get your bike serviced from dealer who is more convinient.

Been to the dealer in the evening. Couldn't get a test drive as I came unannounced.
Will test drive in a couple of days and will update accordingly. I kinda liked the styling of Thunderbird but little skeptical about its maneuverability in city traffic owing to handle design.
is it true TB gives better mileage compared to a Classic?

Been to the dealer in the evening. Couldn't get a test drive as I came unannounced.
Will test drive in a couple of days and will update accordingly. I kinda liked the styling of Thunderbird but little skeptical about its maneuverability in city traffic owing to handle design.
is it true TB gives better mileage compared to a Classic?

Don't worry about that. You will get used to handle design. Yes, I have seen people claiming that they get more juice out of thunderbird as compared to classic. But, I think it totally depends on the riding style and both machines should deliver the same figures owing to similar engine assembly.

Don't worry about that. You will get used to handle design. Yes, I have seen people claiming that they get more juice out of thunderbird as compared to classic. But, I think it totally depends on the riding style and both machines should deliver the same figures owing to similar engine assembly.

Just back from nearby dealer after test driving CL350 and TB350.
TB350 is the one Im gunning for. I felt more comfortable on TB compared to CL350. But the thump is way better on the CL.
The dealer said the waiting period is 3-4 months for the matt black TB. now the dilemma is weather to book the vehicle now or wait for cpl of months more and book in 2015. What do you think?

2015 model means vehicle manufactured in 2015...isnt it? Then how come if i take delivery in Jan 2015 be called a 2015 model?
Pls correct me if Im wrong.

Called another cpl of dealers in the evening and one said waiting period is 30 days and the other said 45 days. Rest all said its 3-4 months. How come these two dealers got less waiting period?
Is there a catch here? Anyways will visit them tomorrow and decide.

Called another cpl of dealers in the evening and one said waiting period is 30 days and the other said 45 days. Rest all said its 3-4 months. How come these two dealers got less waiting period?
Is there a catch here? Anyways will visit them tomorrow and decide.

Newer dealers have shorter waiting periods so as to establish their customer base quickly. Else he is banking on some people backing out of their purchases, so he can offer it to you (he will probably ask for a slightly higher price).

Also regarding the "2015" bike - considering the waiting period, it is unlikely that there will be more than a 1 month difference between a bike being manufactured and arriving at the showroom, so any bike delivered at end of Jan 15/ start of Feb 15 is likely to have been manufactured in 2015 itself. in any case, a well maintained Enfield will not lose too much of its value regardless of the year of manufacture, especially when 3-4 month wait times are still a thing.

Color choice is too personal a thing to ask for advise on, you have to go with your gut feel.

If you want a bright pink - neon green bike, you go out and book a bright pink - neon green bike :)

Yes its personal choice. Problem is I liked them both equally.
I have seen Stone in flesh but not Twilight. In pictures and videos both look fine and gorgeous.
Moreover the sales guy said Stone is little difficult to maintain. Shud'nt be washed with soap and chemicals. Just plain water wash.
So in a fix.

I have owned a classic 350 mar 2016 ..the stock silencer noice is nothing .i want to change the stock silencer with free flow indori or choti dholki silencer which is empty without jaali..can anyone please suggest me that will it effect on engine as thump is increased or is it ok with that .....

Back