Car & Bike Official Royal Enfield Bullet Thread

I have changed my bullet electra's valveguides to that of bronze instead of cast iron ones.it helps.

and anyone gone for "adjustable cam spindle" ?

And i thought this was for the bullets particularly, which my bike is not?? When i hear bullet, the electra's appear in my mind. Anyways, Its great to become a part of the royal enfield club. :hap2:

Hmm..this thread was again sleeping!?

Guys ,Anybody tried solution for cam gear backlash?Will it be resolved if we go for Adjustable Cam spindles?
I know ,if it is too technical ,spare me :p

youll have to be more specific what you mean by adjustable cam spindles, coz the backlash in the cams, or the play that you are referring to ( i am guessing here ), can be reduced in a few ways.

- Timely adjustment of the push rods,

- usage of engine additives that reduce wear and tear

- keeping the engine in the right rpm for each gear ( this is the most important reason for increased play , its a bullet, not a damn tractor that everyone goes dhug dhug dhug with , give it some revs to breathe free man )

we could be on different lines ATM, i am talking about the play/free movement that comes between the camshaft and the pushrods, and the push rods and the rockers, you could mean something else altogether, so get little layman and explain more..

( Brief history about the poster - 60,000 kms+ on T.bird, and still running strong, original cams and push rods, bike enthusiast, and builder, enjoys working on his machines as much as riding them, has worked on RD, RX, Bullet etc. )

@MaxFSB : nice info.well I am with bullet electra 4S for few months only.

but with adjustable cam spindle +new OE Cam gear set from RE *can* be a permanant solution to the "takt-takt" sound.

AFAIK tappet loosening is not able to be fixed for prolonged time in AVL engines.

But in CI engines used in STD ,electra using a new bronze valveguide and tappet adjusted running-in for 3000kms ,will *definitely* reduce tappet noise.

I hope if you dont mind ,you please go through my thread in team-bhp :

Enfield Bullet:Cam gear backlash and solutions including adjustable cam spindles - Team-BHP

Thats a sentiment hardcore bullet enthusiasts have.....
Well i bought mine in Nov 2004, till date only expenditure i've had the tapets changed, damage Rs. 1800 or so.. except that running fine till date... been to Leh and further drove 4050 kms, little wear and tear problems nothing else... runs rock solid...
PS: I still cant believe i drove 4050 kms and had no puntures at all....:clap:
praka123 said:
well ,*some* says tbird is not a bull(bull standard fanatics!) though.it is as much a modern machine as pulsars imo.
how about maintenance thingy on your tbird?

why not try some mods? like one of my friend who got his brand new machismo 350 AVL got a new Cast Iron Engine transplantation ! It costed him rupees 8000! though.

^ Why would i turn AVL into cast iron? I hate the standard bullets anyway.

AVL for me hehe. Some people love doing it. Again the "hype" that cast iron is superior, yes it definitely has more life span.

I had my Electra 4S Engine Modifications completed.I think it is a must do for bullets with very much irritating cam gear back lash noise.

I already shared the team-bhp thread in one of the above posts.

Currently Enjoying My ride.also got a pilot(costed Rs40) infront of the Headlight for a retro look :D .

attachment.php

Would you guys suggest me a Royal Enfield??

1. Daily running: 25-30km
2. Riding style:prefer one which is comfy.
3. Previous riding experience: CBZ 150cc for the last 6 years.
4. Riding conditions : City Traffic
5. Expected fuel economy (if it even matters): Not particular. Considering the present fuel prices anything around 45-50kms is fine.
6. Comfort & preference. prefer non sporty models.

Will be using the bike for the next 8-10 years.
Pls advise.

Would you guys suggest me a Royal Enfield??

1. Daily running: 25-30km
2. Riding style:prefer one which is comfy.
3. Previous riding experience: CBZ 150cc for the last 6 years.
4. Riding conditions : City Traffic
5. Expected fuel economy (if it even matters): Not particular. Considering the present fuel prices anything around 45-50kms is fine.
6. Comfort & preference. prefer non sporty models.

Will be using the bike for the next 8-10 years.
Pls advise.

Budget ??
City ??

Back