Offline Gmail is Back

umesh_boogy

Disciple
You Have to install Offline Google App from Chrome Web Store(only Available for Google Chrome users)
I have installed app and using it but after using web based gmail for years i finding it bit uncomfortable:S
Please post your views
Link To Store

I hope this is not re-post

Does offline means using chrome browser as a email client based on POP protocol where mails are downloaded to a local memory and accessed?

I just tried it, yes it downloads mail to local memory. Not sure about the technology its using.
The UI is so like the gmail mobile web version with a preview pane,not bad for a start but I would not use it as I always have internet.

thatsashok said:
Does offline means using chrome browser as a email client based on POP protocol where mails are downloaded to a local memory and accessed?

I don't think it's POP based, but it does downloads mails and saves to local storage. Emails can be accessed even if you are not connected to internet

Sanav3 said:
I just tried it, yes it downloads mail to local memory. Not sure about the technology its using.

The UI is so like the gmail mobile web version with a preview pane,not bad for a start but I would not use it as I always have internet.

It is HTML5 based application :)

Back