OLX deal screwed up!

Guys need your help badly ! Fcked up badly ..I had posted a ad on olx for a slim2 ..a guy called me he has a slim2 for sale with controllers rghed and all stuff.

he said he will give for 9k shipped to my place

now this is where i ****ed badly and trusted that mofo and transfered 9k from my hdfc online and now he is not reachable

just have his no and email address..

am i dooomed i know have been such an ass .. but i was so desperate to get the xbox asap and did a stupid thing
;
what do i do now can i reverse the cash or any chance of it

i feel like crying ;(

You have his account details r8?. File a criminal complaint with police, FIR. and use that to going to HDFC and get the details.

And then contact the guy from the police station.

Like a Boss!!!.

yeah didn't file yet .. he said he will ship today i called him today morning he lifted the call and replied saying he will ship then i think he removed the sim mofo..

any police station will do right.. leaving office now[DOUBLEPOST=1373894311][/DOUBLEPOST]should i go to a cyber crime cell or any police station will do .. i will have to bribe to get things done chennai ohh god ;([DOUBLEPOST=1373894358][/DOUBLEPOST]how do i contact him if he has removed the sim ?

Go to the police first. Ask them what can be done. They are in a better position. Local polices usually work in very very different ways.

Knowing someone there is always good.

Get his address and all from the bank. That is the first step. Go to a lawyer and make him send a registered letter regarding the criminal case that you are filing.

Friend told me not all police stations take such cases there is a police station near my office

Should I call HDFC customer care and ask what to do

HDFC/ any bank will not divulge the information without permission of account holder, as they have no proof that you are saying the truth, a transfer reversal needs an application from the account holder.

A similar thing happened with me in December, 6k gone. Except in my case o wrongly sent the money into the icici account of an acquaintance.

When I went to police station, the accused who was from my city itself.

He told that I owed him the 6k and i didn't have any proof otherwise.

Case shut. Bank didn't help me in any, neither icici nor sbi.

And since I emailed icici to ask for his bank statement, icici called him up and told him the same. At first he denied getting the 6k,but due to some contacts in icici I got his statement. And then the above happened.

HDFC/ any bk will not divulge the information without permission of account holder.

A similar thing happened with me in December, 6k gone. Except in my case o wrongly sent the money into the icici account of an acquaintance.

When I went to police station, the accused who was from my city itself.

He told that I owed him the 6k and i didn't have any proof otherwise.

Case shut. Bank didn't help me in any, neither icici nor sbi.

And since I emailed icici to ask for his bank statement, icici called him up and told him the same. At first he denied getting the 6k,but due to some contacts in icici I got his statement. And then the above happened.

so u mean to say thre is no chance bank can help me getting his details or reversing the transaction ? proof is there right i did from netbanking so account statement will have the transaction right ?

Bank will not reverse the transaction due to lack of proof that he cheated you, people transfer money all the time, you can't just get a reversal by showing proof that u sent it!

But you can try though. Complain to police, maybe he gets scared when called by the police, if they do call him.

get the address of the guy from the bank account details (asking someone working in HDFC is the only way I suppose).
Then ask someone from TE/facebook/<any other> from the same locality to pay a visit and ask for the money/xbox.

get the address of the guy from the bank account details (asking someone working in HDFC is the only way I suppose).
Then ask someone from TE/facebook/<any other> from the same locality to pay a visit and ask for the money/xbox.

i tried that had a friend working in hdfc but he said cant get the details

just suggestion - have you tried finding owner of number from apps like true caller ?? not sure he will that dumb to use his own number for such frauds..

Back