On-ear Headphones for audiobooks, that are 'slim'

Bluetooth ones - Budget: 3k - with dedicated previous / next buttons, as I listen to a lot of audiobooks. Also need to be comfortable.

Not particular about sound quality. Broad headphones look weird on my face with its balding head. So something slim at the 'ear' portion of the headphone.
Considered : these creative ones. Comfortable and slim. But they don't have enough buttons. https://www.amazon.in/Creative-Blaster-Ultra-Light-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B00SA1IAWG?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Currently I have an old version tantra groove. Which are good, but are behind the neck. Looking for a change to on-the-ear.
Suggestions plz

Looks like the model you mentioned has touch controls on one ear cup ( hence less buttons), it's difficult to go slimmer than that. The battery life would suck.
But are you sure about the comfort of on ears in Indian summers ( assuming you're in India from the Amazon link)?

nah I don't see any touch button options.. For the next /prev it requires pressing volume button for 1-2 second, which would ruin my audiobook experience.
My tantra groove is very slim and has full 5 buttons and a ridiculously good battery life.
am used to summers, heat and on the ear headphones ;)

I have found the in-ear to be the best.
Light weight, doesn't pain the ear, best sound quality (if you get a good seal in the ear canal)

Unfortunately in-ear won't work for me. afaik they don't have next/prev buttons and have comparitively short battery life . tantra gives me 15 hrs

These terrible knockoffs are behind-the-neck design, but seem to be very comfortable and feel ideal for me:
A youtube video shows that the string is like a spring and holds headphone in place.
However I can only find knockoffs only. Nothing quality. Any original quality stuff in this design ?

Amazon India is flooded with a strange brand..boat...never heard of it, but seems very popular. How do their offerings sound?
Do they manufacture their products in India or just rebranding Chinese stuff?

Sorry, Amazon India is not opening for me from here. The ads are everywhere with Indian cricketers ( sorry, not sure of their names, not following cricket for years, possibly can only recognise Virat from present team!!)

thanks tommy but I see only 3 buttons in there. Its also not slim enough for baldy
Semi serious question: Is there a bald/balding headphone reviewer on youtube ?

Not a headphone only reviewer, but Lew (Unbox therapy) does not have much hair under his cap. I have some friends who have shaved their head, they wear bulky headphones all the time, it`s not a big deal mate.

An unlikely hero, this truly wireless: https://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-qt83-bluetooth-headset/p/itm87905da789903?pid=ACCFUBZVUCPU8YV8
Not on-ear, doesn't have five buttons. BUT it prioritizes next/previous over volume. touch left/right for 1s for next/prev. Which is not perfect, but should be good enough. 20hr battery. I find these truly wireless airpod style comfotable. It also has the airpod like auto power-off and on. Something that many clones fail at.

Gonna get this when the sale starts. Unless anybody has any other suggestions ? Thanks

The lenovo were trash. Had to return.
But I did something cool . I bought these trash headphones @699 simply because they had the buttons and a sweet Behind-the-head form factor. These truly had terrible sound an 1 hr battery life lol . I proceeded to replace the battery and the headphone drivers! It had a 200mah lipo which I replaced with 350mah one. For headphone drivers- I was lucky to obtain an old logitech headphone with the exact same driver size.
Voila ! They sound much much better and have 8 hr battery life. :D
Disclaimer: lipo batteries need to be handled with extreme care.

Back