One Plus 5 launching on June 22 as Amazon India exclusive

Cheated benchmarks again. Really duh!

Fool me Once, Shame on Me; Fool me Twice, Shame on You

Statement from OnePlus:

People use benchmark apps in order to ascertain the performance of their device, and we want users to see the true performance of the OnePlus 5. Therefore, we have allowed benchmark apps to run in a state similar to daily usage, including the running of resource intensive apps and games. Additionally, when launching apps the OnePlus 5 runs at a similar state in order to increase the speed in which apps open. We are not overclocking the device, rather we are displaying the performance potential of the OnePlus 5.

Updated statement:
“We have set the OnePlus 5 to run benchmarks at a high-performance level that is both natural and sustainable for all devices, media and consumer, so that users can see the true potential of the device, when running resource intensive apps and games. At no point do we overclock the CPU, nor do we set a CPU frequency floor.

We are confident our approach best displays the true performance capabilities of the OnePlus 5.”

https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5-benchmark-cheating-reviews/

Last edited:
no phone runs at full processor speed in normal day to day applications or while playing games. the processor will fall down to lower power states to keep cpu heat and battery usage in check.

oneplus-5-main2.jpg

I got the OP3T and i cant be happier even with a few quirks. But when it comes to OP5, well if I wanted an iPhone, id get an iphone, not a cheaper copy. At 70% of the cost of flagships, OP phones are not the same VFM. All they needed to do was add a better camera and maybe refine the design a bit. But instead they went to copy the iPhone.

It looks like the iPhone, the camera hardware setup is a blatant copy of the iPhone, The camera app is also a copy. IMHO, the OP brand value will take a hit.

This is not the first time they have done this. I remember seeing something similar last year. Only difference, this time they are accepting it and saying its fine.
Why Cheat? Simple question. This is utter most stupidity. They have to accept, No other way.

Majority of the OP users are youth 18-35yrs and not some uncles, Prolly tech savvy. They understand what rigging means.
Even though there was no need, they wanted to stay in That top phones list in tests. They're hungry, They do not know what to do.. All that reputation which they've garnered the last few years will go down the drain with this plagiarism and Cheating.

I always feel proud to brag about OnePlus as a Proper Android smartphone company but moves like this makes me hate them.

8GB version seems sold out.

Also, LTE Bands like 2500mhz get supported, Idea & Vodafone will use this frequency later.

1500 Cash back is a good start, Price should also be reduced. Its overpriced.

OP3 discontinued.

- Also if any iPhone 7+ user is upgrading to OP5, Do not give away your cases or accessories you might have..
Because it will fit Oneplus 5 :D

Last edited:
Who really care about Benchmarks ?
There are set of people who care about benchmark, That's why you see them on tech blogs.
Also, Do you also buy Desktop procy based on specs?
Which Shameless company cheats again and again after getting caught once. The intention was clear, to fool the potential customer.

There are set of people who care about benchmark, That's why you see them on tech blogs.
Also, Do you also buy Desktop procy based on specs?
Which Shameless company cheats again and again after getting caught once. The intention was clear, to fool the potential customer.
Anyway Still they don't make a difference in real world. I don't buy desktop procy.

Its for fools who really care about number and they are bigger fools helping buyers getting a bigger number using a code.

Who really care about Benchmarks ?

You should. Synthetic benchmarks will be able to simulate some real world scenarios and give you an idea of what the device can perform at max. But these should be based on real world experience. OnePlus is clearly trying to cheat.

For a pen drive - Imagine if a disk benchmark was able to push only 30mbps in real world, but with cheating it would show as 100mbps? You would wonder why your pen drive could only do 30mbps, when it would show 100mbps. Or make same assumption with Wifi speeds for a phone. Benchmarks should be taken seriously, and not gamed.

You should. Synthetic benchmarks will be able to simulate some real world scenarios and give you an idea of what the device can perform at max. But these should be based on real world experience. OnePlus is clearly trying to cheat.

For a pen drive - Imagine if a disk benchmark was able to push only 30mbps in real world, but with cheating it would show as 100mbps? You would wonder why your pen drive could only do 30mbps, when it would show 100mbps. Or make same assumption with Wifi speeds for a phone. Benchmarks should be taken seriously, and not gamed.
Go ahead u take it seriously I cannot, My life not gonna stop if the bench mark is say couple of 1000 more or less.

Back