One Plus 5 launching on June 22 as Amazon India exclusive

What was the final price? Were there any discounts?
Paid via his State Bank of India Net Banking account so for us the price was ₹37999 for 8GB/128GB version (No discounts).

=========================================================================================================================
Here is a mail I got from Oneplus offering me an invite code (sandcase back cover free worth ₹999...) so if anyone wants they can use it.
=========================================================================================================================

Hey there,

Thank you so much for being a part of the OnePlus Crew. Your constant support is what inspires us to make the best products possible. We are truly grateful for you being by our side, throughout our journey.

To show our appreciation for your support, we would be honored to give you an Early Access Invite Code to our latest innovation, the OnePlus 5. You may use this code on our webstore from June 22 16:30 till June 26 23:59. By using this code, you will be amongst the first to own the OnePlus 5 before anyone else.
  • Invite Code: IN82-1952-5D6E-8FCC
When you purchase a OnePlus 5 with your invite code, you will also get a Sandstone Protective Case for free, together with other special offers.

Go on, claim those bragging rights!

Last edited:
I never said I would take it seriously, companies should not game them.
Have u seen car and bike adds ?

Every second company has adds where they say best in its class 18.7 or 19.1 kmpl have u ever touched it ? I bet u cannot ever, That's their way of selling their product, Every one does it, Only mistake what OP did they did try to fool people and are caught doing it this is what I call mistake not that the are trying to fool someone as almost everyone is doing that in some way.

Here is a mail I got from Oneplus offering me an invite code (sandcase back cover free worth ₹999...) so if anyone wants they can use it.
Damn! I ordered the sandstone case yesterday from OP site.
My initial impressions-
- The phone is damn fast (I have 6GB model), in fact its so fast that at times it feels odd. Like the phone is in a hurry to go somewhere :p
- Wifi reception is weak when compared to my Nexus 6P, same position both the phones, Nexus performs better
- Phone is slippery, get a case on day 1
- Portrait mode still has a long way to go, edges of subject have halo effect
- During day pictures are super sharp
- AF is faster on Nexus
- Oxygen OS is a breath of fresh air. I come from pure android clan, and I'm loving the ROM

That's all for now :)

Paid via his State Bank of India Net Banking account so for us the price was ₹37999 for 8GB/128GB version (No discounts).

Hey there,

Thank you so much for being a part of the OnePlus Crew. Your constant support is what inspires us to make the best products possible. We are truly grateful for you being by our side, throughout our journey.

To show our appreciation for your support, we would be honored to give you an Early Access Invite Code to our latest innovation, the OnePlus 5. You may use this code on our webstore from June 22 16:30 till June 26 23:59. By using this code, you will be amongst the first to own the OnePlus 5 before anyone else.
  • Invite Code: IN82-1952-5D6E-8FCC
When you purchase a OnePlus 5 with your invite code, you will also get a Sandstone Protective Case for free, together with other special offers.

Go on, claim those bragging rights!
Well thanks for sharing the invite code. I used this code to buy OnePlus 5 yesterday.

Damn! I ordered the sandstone case yesterday from OP site.
My initial impressions-
- The phone is damn fast (I have 6GB model), in fact its so fast that at times it feels odd. Like the phone is in a hurry to go somewhere :p
- Wifi reception is weak when compared to my Nexus 6P, same position both the phones, Nexus performs better
- Phone is slippery, get a case on day 1
- Portrait mode still has a long way to go, edges of subject have halo effect
- During day pictures are super sharp
- AF is faster on Nexus
- Oxygen OS is a breath of fresh air. I come from pure android clan, and I'm loving the ROM

That's all for now :)

Does it have OTG Support ? Only one reviewer @ Youtube says it doesn't - Please confirm.

----------------------------------------------
8 GB version out-of-stock now @ Amazon - available from 29th June.
Looks like that version getting more sale than 6GB version.

I wonder if OP release 6GB/128GB version then it may complete different story. - Well played.

Last edited:
Now this is what I call a phone. Since the day it has launched I am in love with this phone. I just wish I had waited some more to go for one plus 5 rather than then one I have now one plus 3T. This one too is a bomb in itself but I just love the new comer.

OnePlus 5’s Display is Inverted – Likely Causes Jelly Scrolling
Key Points:
  • The display panel is mounted in an inverted orientation on the OnePlus 5. This is NOT a mistake on the part of OnePlus. There is no manufacturing defect, Quality Assurance mistake, or software bug involved. Instead, the display panel being inverted is a deliberate engineering decision done for reasons we were not given.
  • It is not yet proven that inverting the display panel is the exact cause of the jelly scrolling effect, but the two do seem to be correlated.
  • Not every OnePlus 5 owner will encounter this issue or notice it happening. It is unknown how many OnePlus 5 owners will ever encounter this, though OnePlus assures that it is only a small number of users.
  • This issue can be replicated on many other smartphones by rotating the screen 180 degrees and scrolling – however, this is not true for every phone.
  • Per OnePlus, an OTA update cannot resolve this issue. Sending your phone in for replacement also does not guarantee it will be fixed. If you are experiencing this issue, it is unclear what can be done about the issue if anything can be done.
https://www.xda-developers.com/conf...ay-upside-down-likely-reason-jelly-scrolling/

Seems like another issue had come up with the phone. Audio stereo channels are inverted while recording in portrait mode.

Back