OnePlus just announced the OnePlus 2, the company’s latest flagship smartphone at a VR event. It has a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD In-Cell display, is powered by a 64-bit Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor v2.1 with Adreno 430 GPU and runs on Oxygen OS based on Android 5.1 (Lollipop). It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Laser Auto focus, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), dual LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It has aluminum alloy frame. It has dual SIM support with 4G on both.
It has a fingerprint scanner integrated into the home button and the capacitive buttons are completely customizable. It also has an alert slider, a hardware toggle to switch between No Notifications, Priority Notifications, and All Notifications. It uses a reversible USB Type-C connector and has a removable back cover with optional style swap covers in Kevlar, bamboo, rosewood and black apricot.
OnePlus 2 specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS In-Cell display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 64-bit processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB LPPDR4 RAM with 16GB internal storage / 4GB DDR4 RAM with 64GB internal memory
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) based Oxygen OS
- Dual (nano) SIM
- 13MP rear camera with dual LED Flash, Laser Auto focus, OIS, 1.3um pixels, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording, slow-motion at 120fps
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 74.9 x 9.85 mm; Weight: 175 g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4/5 GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS, USB Type-C
- 3300mAh battery
It will be setting up pop-up stores in nine of the most popular cities in the world, including New Delhi and Bangalore in India on July 31st so that people can know more about the smartphone. Check out the exact location of pop-up events here.