OnePlus 2 with 5.5-inch 1080p display announced, available in India August 11

2k / 4k screen is needed to experience crystal clear VR. Pixels are visible on the 1+1's 1080p screen. VR launch of 1+2 was kind of turnoff because of that.

Perfect phone. Looks sexy and that metal edge + fingerprint sensor seal the deal for me. Its either this or iphone 6. Nothing else comes close in design to both these phones. Very sexy.

Glad they kept it in budget rather than add everything and charge a hefty price. Most people charge phones overnight so quick charge is not reaaally necessary and NFC is meh. The screen at 1080p is already and over kill. Glad they didnt go full retard.

2k / 4k screen is needed to experience crystal clear VR. Pixels are visible on the 1+1's 1080p screen. VR launch of 1+2 was kind of turnoff because of that.

You've got your priorities wrong if you're complaining about not having a battery draining feature just because you can't stick it into a cardboard box, both are just gimmicks.

If its Qualcomm snapdragon why not include quickcharge tech?

Type C is a new tech.Even Mac Book 2015 and Chromebook Pixel do not possess quick charge.

Quick charge for USB Type C is under development.

If you guys do not know Quick Charge heats up the phone and degrades battery life overall.

My personal experience with N6

Here's article-
http://lifehacker.com/charge-your-phone-in-half-the-time-quick-chargers-expl-1682276989

So many people carry power bank these days and most of Indians charge overnight and MKBHD getting 2 days backup in review model so by the time Android M releases battery life will be doubled[emoji41]

Kudos to OP for good reasoning to remove quad HD and Quick charge to negotiate with Snapdragon 810.

IMO the CPU scheduling gimmickry that they have done to make the SD 810 work for them means that the new revision of 810 being used is still not problem free and this might turn out to be a deal breaker for many depending how it fares. They should have simply used SD 808 instead.

I never understood the need for a higher resolution on a phone, the difference is minimal from QHD unless you use a magnifying glass. There's also no native 1440p content and it's only going to drain battery getting all those extra pixels to render.
It'd be a nice upgrade to have in the future when they've invented some new battery tech, for now this one seems reasonable for the price.

The difference between FHD and QHD is quite noticeable for 5.5" screen. You might not find any fault with FHD if you look at that only, but if you experience QHD as well, it will feel much nicer to look at.

The phone looks decent, but about the OS guys? Isnt that a deal breaker for most?

Why? As per my knowledge, Oxygen OS doesn't change a lot over stock Android Lollipop and I think it is a good thing that they moved away from Cyanogen for the new phone.

Last edited:
The difference between FHD and QHD is quite noticeable for 5.5" screen. You might not find any fault with FHD if you look at that only, but if you experience QHD as well, it will feel much nicer to look at.

Yea I've seen it side by side, the difference really isn't much. My point was why does anyone need those resolutions on small screens, it's just a marketing bullet point.

You've got your priorities wrong if you're complaining about not having a battery draining feature just because you can't stick it into a cardboard box, both are just gimmicks.
Gimmick or not, if a company is doing VR launch they must be onto something. If rumors are true and 1+2 does indeed take 3 hours to charge, then going with 1080p screen is right decision for them :p

Phone specs are good but not a 2016 flagship killer, im sure.
forget the QHD display, it juice out the battery and CPU. FHD is good on 5.5'' screen.
but there are things me or most people miss,
1. IR blaster, almost most flagship integrates and those already have miss it.
2. quick charge, its most useful, everyone have portable battery but who wants to plug it and keep it on the backpack always and wireless charging.
3. being a removable back rather selling styleswap accessories, they would included a sd slot on it.

Yea I've seen it side by side, the difference really isn't much. My point was why does anyone need those resolutions on small screens, it's just a marketing bullet point.

Well, it does make a difference even if not all people may not notice it without experiencing both. At least it does for people like me who have good short range vision that is enough to distinguish pixels when the resolution is not high enough.

Here is what I think is a good resolution for something that you use at close range like a mobile.

4.5" - HD (720p)
5.0" - FHD (1080p)
5.5" - QHD (1440p)

I have a 6" QHD display on my phone and never thought that it compromised the battery life of my phone. Of course It has a big battery to boot, but that is what you need to do to support the larger and higher resolution display, not just compromise on the resolution. If they won't want to increase the battery size, they should have just put a 5" screen with the FHD resolution. In fact that would have increased the battery performance even more.

Guys, is DSDS really a big letdown...I was planning to get this phone as I wanted to carry only one phone. But from what I read, DSDA would have been a better solution..

Guys, is DSDS really a big letdown...I was planning to get this phone as I wanted to carry only one phone. But from what I read, DSDA would have been a better solution..
There are very few phones with DSDA option, especially among the well known brands. Whether or not it is going to influence your decision, depends on your usage. If you have given out both your mobile numbers to everyone and want to be always reachable, a DSDA would be better, but your options are very very limited.
DSDS u referring to 1+2?
I would say wait for MKBHD's review of both Moto Pure n 1+2
Moto X pure is single sim, right?
^^ $599 vs $389 is a significant difference in that case. I'm guessing the Motorola will be a better phone overall.
I guess you are talking about the Moto Pure. It starts at 399$, so cost wise, it is not much different from the OPT. But both have different features catering to different set of people.

Back