OnePlus 2 with 5.5-inch 1080p display announced, available in India August 11

There are very few phones with DSDA option, especially among the well known brands. Whether or not it is going to influence your decision, depends on your usage. If you have given out both your mobile numbers to everyone and want to be always reachable, a DSDA would be better, but your options are very very limited.

Yep, that's right. Dual Active phones are a rare breed and most of them are either cheap Chinese branded phones or mid rangers. I personally never understood why a higher end dual sim phones which are themselves a rare breed cannot have a Dual active capability.

I guess its more to do with the fact that dual sims seem to be an emerging market issue rather than an issue in the larger markets, because of which there has never really been too much of work in this space. I have been looking around for a DSDA phone and the only one with good specs seems to be the Xiaomi Mi Note/ Pro.

Wonder when that will launch or if it will ever launch in India.

But won't two sims running at the same time drain battery like crazy, I have a horrible network provider who has terrible signal at my home which takes a huge jab at my battery life, I can't imagine two sims running at the same time.

But won't two sims running at the same time drain battery like crazy, I have a horrible network provider who has terrible signal at my home which takes a huge jab at my battery life, I can't imagine two sims running at the same time.

It's DSDS not DSDA.
So it won't be a problem.

Any good reviews on the phone yet...funny to see that gsmarena does not have a proper review out yet. I only see some of the indian newspaper ones, all of which seems to be unhappy with Oxygen OS.

The new one plus two is actually not much of an upgrade . But since they have not increased the price by much it seems a good buy . I personally think the older device looked better than the newer one .

Back