Oneplus 3 launched in india for Rs. 27,999

I was interested in buying one but didn't pull the plug because these days almost all phones have some issues in the first batches which are gradually ironed out. So it makes better sense to pick one up later in the product cycle.

I was interested in buying one but didn't pull the plug because these days almost all phones have some issues in the first batches which are gradually ironed out. So it makes better sense to pick one up later in the product cycle.
Same here. Plus, I kinda want to see how this year's Nexus scene would turn out in a couple of months.

OnePlus 3 is trending on twitter. and seems to be for all the right reasons. Could we hope for a lower version of this in the 15k range to replace the 1+X?

OnePlus 3 is trending on twitter. and seems to be for all the right reasons. Could we hope for a lower version of this in the 15k range to replace the 1+X?
Oneplus X series is dead (Source).
Lau reasoned that OnePlus will instead focus on just one "true flagship" line from now on, in order to strengthen its foundation -- something that Lau admitted his team neglected last year -- rather than fighting the low-end price war.

Oneplus X series is dead (Source).
It's really sad & foolish, if its indeed true. Even Apple is continuing a series of flagships with various size options across iOS devices.

A compact android phone with flagship specs is always a niche product. That's why iPhone SE was launched, oneplus (now a well established mobile startup) should cash on such opportunities.

5" Smartphone market is huge. Reasons could be...

Because of low margins on phones they could have gone this way and retail price difference between OPX and OPO is also on the high side benefiting OPO sales than OPX.

First let them get O2 software going in the right direction. People like me who bought the OP2 suffered the crappy software for a while. Its only stable now.

Anybody booked theirs yet? I have booked mine yesterday during the event. I have owned the OnePlus One, Two & now I will have the Three :joyful:
Its on its way, 1 day Delivery of Amazon, will get mine by tomorrow night.

5" Smartphone market is huge. Reasons could be...

Because of low margins on phones they could have gone this way and retail price difference between OPX and OPO is also on the high side benefiting OPO sales than OPX.
Two things plagued the 1+X seriously: OS and battery. Oxygen still has a long way to go.

Looks like no one is buying. People are interested in buying ONLY when it is via flash sale or Invite system. Or probably these companies are over stating sales via these models.

People have burnt their fingers with the whole OS episode....I guess thats why. Specs wise the OP2 was a great phone for its time. But software was really crappy. Even touchwiz works a whole lot better.

Initial impression: (All my points are based on comparison with OnePlus 2)
  • Slimmer than all other OnePlus Devices.
  • Quick on the FingerPrint - I mean really quick. My OP2 isn't this quick. it truly feels like 0.2s fingerprint recognition.
  • There was already an update available Oxygen OS 3.1.2 - I am not sure why people have problems with this OS, I used Cynogen on OPO, then when i got my OP2 with Oxygen OS 2.0 i didn't feel it was that different form Cynogen, it definitely was not fully polished version but since the beta release of Oxygen 3.0 I have been using it daily and it has been really great with no issues whatsoever.
  • I was a bit disappointed regarding the Battery but the AMOLED display should help a bit. Speaking of display its really amazing, i think this is the best 1080p panel out there... comparing the same display side-by-side with the OP2 using the same wallpaper, OP3 shines out. It gets really bright as well.
  • While typing this I am updating the OP3 and its on Charging as well. It didn't get hot at all. and the battery went up from 42% to 70% in about 5 mins
  • Camera is really amazing much better than the last iteration. when you compare Side-By-Side you can see the true details in the textures.
  • Sound Quality is much better in speakers & the earpiece. After using OPO the OP2 speakers were minuscule in front of that, but now its much louder and crispier than OP2
Things that i didn't like:
Notification LED - I really like the big led of OPO, as i could see the phone anywhere in the room and know if there was any notification but OP2's led was smaller and i couldn't read it unless i am 5 - 6 feet away. same goes for OP3 it seems, i think they are smaller now but maybe thats just my eyes :p
Camera bump - I would have appreciated the extra 300 mAh battery rather than the camera bump

Its been just a few minutes since i've got this phone like literally 30 mins so these are just initial impressions of the device.. will have more as i get to use it more.

Here are some pictures of the Unboxing Experience. Overall Unboxing experience was really great. There were no regrets in purchasing this device.

Many of the users/reviewers "CON" the battery life. Seems like its not that great. Some might be satisfied enough with the fast charging so may not make any complaint in this regard.

Back