Oneplus 3 launched in india for Rs. 27,999

The phone has not been out for that long to form a proper review on battery life, I don't think the 300mAh is that big of a deal, will let you know how my battery life is.

3000mah i guess.

no i meant reduced 300mAh from 3300mAh of OP2.

a 3000 mAh battery is enough for all day use for 90% of users. Unless you have tons of background running applications then even a 4000mAh battery is not going to be enough for you. It all depends on how you manage your battery, If you leave everything at default then any phone will keep background apps running which you don't use (Google Play Music / Movies / Books etc) the best practice is to disable / remove the apps you don't need running from memory to optimize the use of battery.

My OP2 gave me SoT of around 5 hours on Wifi & 4.5 Hours on 4G Use. I don't game on my phones so your mileage may vary.

CM13 Unofficial Beta is already out as is Root toolkit. Looks like this is gonna be my next phone. Just wish it had expandable storage. OP1 battery life and charging time works pretty well for me. I get around 4.5-5hrs of OST and charging is usually 1min for every 1%. With quick charging, even a little worse battery life shouldn't be an issue if you are around a charger most of the time.

no i meant reduced 300mAh from 3300mAh of OP2.

a 3000 mAh battery is enough for all day use for 90% of users. Unless you have tons of background running applications then even a 4000mAh battery is not going to be enough for you. It all depends on how you manage your battery, If you leave everything at default then any phone will keep background apps running which you don't use (Google Play Music / Movies / Books etc) the best practice is to disable / remove the apps you don't need running from memory to optimize the use of battery.

My OP2 gave me SoT of around 5 hours on Wifi & 4.5 Hours on 4G Use. I don't game on my phones so your mileage may vary.

MQB reviews and the others i have checked have praised this device. Planning to upgrade mine and my wife`s phone with this one.

Looks promising , might upgrade the One to the Three :p in a few months ,by that time I will gather the funds a lot of people will have come out with their reviews :) .

Many of the users/reviewers "CON" the battery life. Seems like its not that great. Some might be satisfied enough with the fast charging so may not make any complaint in this regard.
Going by the review of MKBHD and his observations..
They should have used that camera bump space for some extra battery may be more 1000mAh. No one gives a shit about Slim phones anymore.

Overall a Decent phone. Btw, these reviewers are playing with phone from a week or so.

Hmm...what if you use Paranoid ROM. Would it change anything?
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Popu...d-features-and-functionality-new-team_id81979[DOUBLEPOST=1466093535][/DOUBLEPOST]
They should have used that camera bump space for some extra battery may be more 1000mAh. No one gives a shit about Slim phones anymore.

Overall a Decent phone. Btw, these reviewers are playing with phone from a week or so.
I actually didn't know about the camera bump. just how big of a deal is it?
+1 to not liking "slim" phones, looks like they will break easily lol.

Last edited:

I would love to have a bit bulky phone with bigger battery than a slim phone with lesser battery. The quick charge or Dash Charge is a great welcome.

@aasimenator Can you check the charging speed when using a normal charger (1A or 2A charger). The charging current can be seen in app like Ampere

Will do, right now my phone is at 100% though as it charged from 40% to 100% in under 30 minutes, i have an exam coming up for saturday & sunday so i might not get time to test it. right now phone is kept in the box as i don't have any case for it yet. Couldn't find anything online, I need a soft TPU case and a tempered glass.

Dunno why people get hyped on these buggy phones, they are not flagship killers but flagship wannabes. A S7, i6s ,lg g5 and the nexus ones offer a better user experience. Doesn't even look fast and even the cam is poor. I'm sure even the S6/Lg G4 has a better cam than this and they last a day atleast yet they downgraded the battery. Its like buying a sports car with a tiny tank so you gotta drive in the speed limits and save fuel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=131&v=vYv8YQJbJaQ

Dunno why people get hyped on these buggy phones, they are not flagship killers but flagship wannabes. A S7, i6s ,lg g5 and the nexus ones offer a better user experience. Doesn't even look fast and even the cam is poor. I'm sure even the S6/Lg G4 has a better cam than this and they last a day atleast yet they downgraded the battery. Its like buying a sports car with a tiny tank so you gotta drive in the speed limits and save fuel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=131&v=vYv8YQJbJaQ
I would like to think that they are aware of the "buggy" issues and OS. The average users won't care and the enthusiasts (which I think this phone is being targeted to) will hack (not in the literal sense) theirs and install mods and enjoy.

I feel these synthetic tests arent much use. A user interacts way differently that results in different discharge rates. Another thing is that the charger you have to carry everywhere and the buyers hope people adapt to Usbtype C so you dont have to carry yours in your pocket everywhere as the phone dies by evening. Dunno why phone companies are trying to make thinner phones when the majority buyers hardly care for thinness as they anyway shove in fat cases to make them thicker and easier to handle. They should give phones that last a full day no matter how heavy the use and one that can resist breaking from a minor fall from pocket etc.

Well the memory fix has arrived...

This tweak almost doubled the amount of apps the OnePlus 3 could hold. The way I tested this was by opening all my apps in the app drawer and cycled through, until I found the point in which the first app (in this case, Android Pay) was kicked out of memory. With the default setting, it only took 12 applications for Android Pay to redraw.With the value set to 42, Android Pay did not redraw until I opened 22 apps. Again, your mileage may vary, but we’ve seen a significant improvement with this tweak.

linecode.png

Source: http://www.xda-developers.com/how-t...-management-almost-double-the-apps-in-memory/

HowTo:

Back