Oneplus 3 launched in india for Rs. 27,999

So I was really impressed by the OP3 but the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 was just too hard to ignore at that price point. I added a 128GB microsd card for 3k and have found the experience to be just great. For 15k with the card, nothing comes even close to this beauty.
I am a heavy user and for the first time in a very long time I didn't have to charge overnight. Currently sitting at 5hr40min of SOT and 29% battery left. To top it off, CM13 is running flawlessly so far making the transition from OPO butter smooth.

Is the CM13 a fully stable build ? Also, is the fingerprint sensor working on CM13 ?

I'm assuming the camera quality would have taken a slight dip too but overall, how much better is it as compared to MIUI7 ? (Mom's Nexus 5 is dying and was thinking of getting this for her and installing CM13 so she won't have to learn MIUI)

Is the CM13 a fully stable build ? Also, is the fingerprint sensor working on CM13 ?

I'm assuming the camera quality would have taken a slight dip too but overall, how much better is it as compared to MIUI7 ? (Mom's Nexus 5 is dying and was thinking of getting this for her and installing CM13 so she won't have to learn MIUI)
It is a pretty stable build. I have been using it the same way I was using my OPO so definitely haven't tested out everything. Fingerprint and FM both are working. I didn't give MIUI a try though as the first thing I did after getting the phone was put CM13 on it.
Getting amazing battery life and no FCs so far.

On OP2 i used to get atleast 4.5 - 5 Hours with similar usage, and over 60+ hours total on battery.

Right now it seems to be only 3.5 hours and 48 hours on battery.

This is just on an ideal scenario where i don't do much on the phones, as i am on the computer most of the time even for whatsapp.

I am sure if i put it through its paces with like doing everything i do when i am out and working from my phone, the battery will be dead quite sooner. OP2 used to give me a good 4.5 hours of use consistently.
Go for Lenovo ZUK Z1 or Redmi Note 3 if you need better battery life. One of my friends in Australia has been consistently getting 10-12hrs SOT with the ZUK over 2-3 days and I will be getting similar battery life on CM13 from my Redmi Note 3. Checkout my latest SOT screenshot - 6hrs SOT and still 50% battery left over a period of nearly 24hrs.

bbb3989e866883c961700239ba333864.jpg

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10445/revisiting-the-oneplus-3/3

http://www.xda-developers.com/color-rendering-android-why-all-oems-must-offer-an-srgb-mode/

Now for the second question: how does this change my view of the phone? I mentioned this on Twitter the other day, but with this update the OnePlus 3 has become my daily Android device, as I had originally hoped it would before the display accuracy disappointed me. OnePlus has addressed the only issue about the phone that I felt truly hampered my enjoyment of it.

OnePlus still needs to fix their video recording stabilisation and mic issues though, the background noise suppression is the most aggressive i've seen making the audio turn out to be almost inaudible and lacking bass & midrange. These fixes along with pocket detection for fingerprint scanner (like the Nexus 6P) are pretty important, hopefully OnePlus fixes them sometime soon

Guys how is the battery life? Would heavy usage of google maps etc drain it in an hour or two?

Also how much time does it take to fully charge on normal 2amp charger? (Not dash)

yeah those on 3g/ 4g networks all day how long battery lasts if it is 100% at 8am. i do 2 hours watching videos , 2 hours on calls , whatsapping n texting say 1 hour. half hour browsing. how long will battery last for me ?

http://www.phonearena.com/news/OneP...inch-screen-SD-820-SoC-and-6GB-of-RAM_id83843
OnePlus 3 mini is benchmarked ?

Today, an unknown phone was discovered on the GFXBench benchmark site. While there is no indication that this has anything to do with OnePlus, the specs practically scream out "OnePlus 3 mini."
Outside of the screen size, the rest of the specs match the OnePlus 3 exactly.

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/29671/oneplus-3-mini-gets-benchmarked-packs-impressive-specs/

I'm just hoping, one plus x (will be called oneplus 2x?) gets the same hardware upgrade, while maintaining the same compact footprint ; 5.5" can't be called mainstream screen size choice anyway.
I am quoting my own post, Very Glad to hear that..

Smaller Phone Need not necessarily be small in specs, thankfully someone other than Apple understood this !!
Finally I can get rid of my Z3Compact...

^^ For reducing the costs, maybe?
For reducing costs in a 45k & 4" device?? [emoji15] [emoji15] [emoji15]

How I wish, someone replicates the success of Hackintosh on iOS platform, make a custom rom and make it possible to install on compatible Android devices...

i heard one plus x has no software support anymore so better be careful. also didnt their ceo said during op3 launch they wont get a one plus x successor ?

JFYI :
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Update-to-OnePlus-X-starts-rolling-out-no-its-not-Marshmallow_id83874
Today, an update has started rolling out to the OnePlus X, but it is not Android 6.0. Instead, the phone is receiving Oxygen 2.2.2 which includes new features, bug fixes and some enhancements. The manufacturer says that it is still working on the Marshmallow update for the "X."
[DOUBLEPOST=1470385808][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/29697/oneplus-dismisses-rumours-about-oneplus-3-mini-handset/
The company's co-founder Carl Pei has come out in public to shut down the rumours. He quoted one rumour story and simply said "No. #rumorshutdown (sic)."

Last edited:
http://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-turnover-led-merging-os-development

While the messaging from OnePlus depicted a company with a singular goal of building efficiency through consolidation, in order to offer faster software updates for all OnePlus owners, Android Central has learned that prior to the merger, many of the core members of the OxygenOS team left the company, including the Head of Mobile Product, Helen Li. Long hours and insufficient resources in the run-up to OnePlus 3's launch led to a number of OxygenOS team members striking a deal to terminate their contracts just after the phone's release, according to people who didn't want to be named because they signed non-disclosure agreements. As a result, OnePlus CEO Pete Lau had no choice but to merge the remaining members of OxygenOS, some of whom are only signed on until the end of 2016, and HydrogenOS.

According to these people, despite a 3:1 ratio of OxygenOS users to its Chinese market counterpart, OnePlus was disproportionately pouring resources into HydrogenOS, causing strain between the two teams and leading the subsequent talent purge.

Projects that uniquely identify OxygenOS, like the Shelf, are currently being tended to by the remaining OxygenOS members, who are assisting in the transition before they, too, leave. Similarly, the chief designer responsible for championing and maintaining OxygenOS' "Nexus-like" aesthetic, is no longer with the company, so it remains to be seen whether the now-unified product, dubbed OnePlus OS, or OOS, will shift more markedly towards a custom look and feel, similar to Huawei's EMUI software layer, or Xiaomi's MIUI, which looks and operates drastically different to what North American Android users expect.

Back