Android Oneplus 3 - promotional accidental damage insurance by Servify is a sham

I got another call from Servify and they have now confirmed that they will cover me under insurance.. The person on the call also tried to defend the earlier denial stating there was some miscommunication... which I brushed off stating that it was really poor on their part to do this at the inception of their service and their brand..
Bingo!

I will be required to pay the mandatory deductible amount of Rs. 1,000 for claim though.. They even contacted me on twitter and my email asking to confirm if my concern has been resolved.. I reverted stating that until I have my repaired phone in my hand.. I'll keep this matter alive and follow up again after a couple of days..
I also mentioned that this was uncalled for and it should not have come to this.. we're all busy people and can't keep running about to avail what was promised..

I will wait for a couple of days and follow up with Servify.. this time I have a contact person in Servify and a no. to call..

Let's see how things pan out.. I hope no more annoying denials or delays..
https://plus.google.com/+JTheAndroidFreak/posts/DLDBHYcocgJ

two week turnaround, from denmark to germany and back. That guy did not have the same insurance you do and was out $110

Must have the part in stock to be able to replace it, so that will take time to arrive from China. So soon after launch these parts are not usually in stock locally.

keep us updated but i figure you have a 2 week wait minimum. Could be longer. A month is normal.

PS. Dropped my LG G4 for the first time since i got it. Just slipped out of my hand. Nice corner drop. Fortunately i had a good case on. Pricey case. It only took one drop to pay for itself. My 'free' 6 month protection has already expired ;)

I think they do realize the ramifications of allowing unknown third parties to influence user experience for their brand. Which is why, I have now got a confirmation from Servify that they will cover my phone under insurance and will repair my display. This could've been easily avoided.. they could've simply done what they had promised to do.. instead of first declining..and making me raise the issue on social media.. brand dilution is far more expensive to handle than a petty display repair.. I hope Servify and other "insurance" providers do realise that in the age of internet and social media.. it is not wise to go back on your commitments.

How can I share this thread with them though? including the number of people who have viewed this thread..

@Detox101
DM them this thread and let them see for themselves what kind of negative image it creates for their brand.

@Detox101 Mention the job sheet number in the first post itself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mi Protect:
http://www.mi.com/in/service/miprotect/

221.PNG
222.PNG

I have a query.. Suppose i drop it on to the ground and there are small dents on edges.. Will they change the upper panel?

Last edited:
Now we just wait for confirmation how long it took to repair, how good that repair was and the final price paid.

There is no 'sham' here at all. I see innnovative pricing that could change how other companies deal with these matters.

When i got my S6 the shop keeper tried to sell me one of the policies for 2k.

I just said no and got an Urban Armour case for the phone. Have never been so thankful that i got that instead. The amount of times the case saved my phone from drops. :)

When i got my S6 the shop keeper tried to sell me one of the policies for 2k.

I just said no and got an Urban Armour case for the phone. Have never been so thankful that i got that instead. The amount of times the case saved my phone from drops. :)
If it was from Syska its worth it. My nephew got his S6 edge repaired thrice within one year. Twice the display once the main board(water damage)
The only con with that was he had to pay the amount (close to 10-20k) to the samsung service center and then claim it. And after the claim was settled he got a cheque for the same.
Ofcourse you can get the claim raised and approved before repairing and paying. and only after approval go for repairs.

If it was from Syska its worth it. My nephew got his S6 edge repaired thrice within one year. Twice the display once the main board(water damage)
The only con with that was he had to pay the amount (close to 10-20k) to the samsung service center and then claim it. And after the claim was settled he got a cheque for the same.
Ofcourse you can get the claim raised and approved before repairing and paying. and only after approval go for repairs.
if you have syska insurance and you lose your mobile , you have to give them a frickking FIR before they start the process. Thats a major inconvenience

if you have syska insurance and you lose your mobile , you have to give them a frickking FIR before they start the process. Thats a major inconvenience
That's common with all the insurance be it for cell phone bike car....Say if ur car us stolen will u directly file a insurance claim. NO. You will have to file FIR first.

Now we just wait for confirmation how long it took to repair, how good that repair was and the final price paid.

There is no 'sham' here at all. I see innnovative pricing that could change how other companies deal with these matters.

I called it a sham as they had denied me insurance despite following all the guidelines for claiming the insurance.

That's common with all the insurance be it for cell phone bike car....Say if ur car us stolen will u directly file a insurance claim. NO. You will have to file FIR first.
even for iphones? I have no idea. Friend lost his iphone in usa, reported to tmobile and they gave him a new one after locking the old device. those guys in tmobile store said the device will be blacklisted automatically

even for iphones? I have no idea. Friend lost his iphone in usa, reported to tmobile and they gave him a new one after locking the old device. those guys in tmobile store said the device will be blacklisted automatically
That is totally different case as the phone is bought in contract with T-Mobile. It is a service provided by a carrier and not an insurance company. Also one of the reasons there are so many insurance frauds regarding phones in US. Also the deductible in US is quite high, $100 compared to Rs. 1000.
The cost of this insurance is also higher, $8-10 per month.

We are in India and not in US, I think this answers your question. [emoji1]

I know but if he's paying first world prices, I expect first world service - atleast from apple. samsung has been fantastic for me. replaced note 5 without any delay once they saw that motherboard had gone kaput.

I know but if he's paying first world prices, I expect first world service - atleast from apple. samsung has been fantastic for me. replaced note 5 without any delay once they saw that motherboard had gone kaput.
Samsung replaced the whole phone ? Or just the mother board.

Back