OnePlus 6 & 6T (2018 launches thread)

Would you still buy a phone from company who launches a model every 6 months?

• Yes.. I have black money and i can afford new model

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • No.. I'll squeeze the phone for a long period and just throw it.. So its fine!

Votes: 36 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Create such situations where in even the buyer holding latest flagship is forced to kick his phone goodbye for the newer variant having just 10-15% upgrades which are not even worth or even noticeable.
Pity such idiots seriously!
If such people dont update frequently then may be the manufacturer will also wont release phones frequently.

Lol, With OnePlus 6, OnePlus become the biggest brand in India.

Its the mentality of such idiots which makes them feel sick and think their phone got too old and this is exactly what the manufacturers do and they win. Create such situations where in even the buyer holding latest flagship is forced to kick his phone goodbye for the newer variant having just 10-15% upgrades which are not even worth or even noticeable.
Pity such idiots seriously!
If such people dont update frequently then may be the manufacturer will also wont release phones frequently.
It also does the resale of phone right?

I think by now everyone knows the design spec from Oppo / Vivo . .water drop notch,triple camera and on screen finger print sensor.

Last edited:
I'm on OP3T and after being promised Android P for this device, they've won me as a fan. Under promise and over delivered. I feel no need to upgrade my OP3T.
+1 3T is serving me good so far. Although the OP6 cameras are very good but there is nothing to complain about the 3T cameras either.

Glad to hear good things from 3 & 3T users, I was an OP2 user and was very disappointed. Hardly 1.5 years of software support & all went in a vain. Not even a Nougat Update.

Thought the launch will be in Jan 2019
c1a89fe5b4a6bc9468b75325040f7ebb.jpg

I don't think it is going to be much of an upgrade for anyone to regret the OP 6. An In-screen finger print sensor / reduced notch / marginally larger display are not good enough reasons for anyone to upgrade.

Unless they come up with an IP rating / Triple Camera etc. Not to mention they dont have a headphone jack in the OP 6T

Dont care for the headphone jack, but do care if the cameras are better. I had a very bad experience with OP2, but looks like their software issues to a large extent have been sorted out. Would love to buy the OP6T.

Well it's out now.. don't think there is too much increment.

Infact, the headphone jack removal + no notification LED are somethings that I actually cared about.. don't know if the trade off to put in 400 mAH more and a indisplay fingerprint sensor was that prudent ?

I frankly love my back fingerprint sensor - it is lightnig fast, and frankly 80% of the time, the phone unlocks in a flash via the camera module.

I just bought the OP6 Red 128gb for 32k from the recent Amazon sale. Now all of a sudden that looks to be an amazing deal after looking at OP6T.
They are using the same camera hardware in both the phones. Notch doesn't matter to me much.
Battery Life: I already can survive almost 30-32 hours with the current OP6 battery so no deal breaker there.
Lack of headphone jack is not a deal breaker but having one gives you the convenience of directly attaching any earphone/ 3.5mm accessory (external speaker/car audio aux). No need to carry extra dongle everytime.
Reason for buying OP6 was the discount, the lack of interest in under screen optical finger print sensor. I hate that. I would prefer an ultrasonic one. Physical scanner is anytime better. I dont understand if space is such an issue for fingerprint scanners why dont they put it on the side frame of the phone like in one of the Moto phones.
Anyways. Also I love the red color so went for the OP6. now when Oneplus announced that all features(s/w ones) of OP6t will be coming to OP6 via s/w upgrade the OP6 is pretty good buy.
Good thing about Oneplus is they made the 128gb the base version and still maintained the same price. Kudos to them. In summary Oneplus still makes the most affordable performance phones. which means a perfect mixture of hardware and software at the right price.

Back