OnePlus 6 & 6T (2018 launches thread)

Would you still buy a phone from company who launches a model every 6 months?

• Yes.. I have black money and i can afford new model

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • No.. I'll squeeze the phone for a long period and just throw it.. So its fine!

Votes: 36 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Have you ever know how this videos are made?
The underlying PR/Influencer stuff?
Do you know All companies send a reviewers guide and you are asked to stick to that?
well established youtubers ensure they sneak in their thoughts very carefully..

He mentions camera is good.. but not pixel or iphone or s9 levels (All reviewers say the same)
that is to create an impression you are sacrificing slightly for the massive discount in price..
He never says its equal to a "phone" existing in market.

but in reality you are getting an iphone SE saying its flagship...

Btw which phone you are using ?

Can you compare oneplus 6 VS IPHONE 6/7/8/10 and S9/S9+ or it would be better to compare it with similar price range phones like iphone 6s or Samsung S8.

As for the video/youtubers reviews just mute audio and let you eyes see the comparison let them (eyes) decide which is better. (camera)

Being a user for latest device launched in past 1 year S8/S8+, 5/5t S9/S9+, Huawei P20 Pro.

Compared to the above Oneplus phones has an edge over all the devices mentioned above in terms of performance, smoothness battery life, Though the battery life is lill better on the p20 pro reason it has a 4000mh battery as compared to the oneplus phones. As for camera S9/+ and the p20 pro beats the oneplus hands down.

Guys, if we are debating if the OP6 is value for money, it obviously various on individual's requirements, all things considered equal, the OP6 does offer great value with top specs, the camera may not be top of the line, it would more than suffice for most users, if camera is of prime importance, spend more and get the phones that have a superior camera.

Exactly.

I think it's damn pretty good stuff. The cost is quite less than what a flagship costs, and they need to cut corners - so not shocking exactly. It is no longer coveting that spot which was coveted by the earlier phones uptil the 3T.

Btw which phone you are using ?

Can you compare oneplus 6 VS IPHONE 6/7/8/10 and S9/S9+ or it would be better to compare it with similar price range phones like iphone 6s or Samsung S8.

As for the video/youtubers reviews just mute audio and let you eyes see the comparison let them (eyes) decide which is better. (camera)

Being a user for latest device launched in past 1 year S8/S8+, 5/5t S9/S9+, Huawei P20 Pro.

Compared to the above Oneplus phones has an edge over all the devices mentioned above in terms of performance, smoothness battery life, Though the battery life is lill better on the p20 pro reason it has a 4000mh battery as compared to the oneplus phones. As for camera S9/+ and the p20 pro beats the oneplus hands down.

Bought Op6 to replace my ailing MI Note 3, which is my secondary phone ; primarily I use iPhone 7 plus..
Contrary to my thinking, Within 2 days I've dumped iPhone 7 plus for OP6 , this device is blazingly fast and everything works. Even the Camera is on Par with iPhone 7 plus and S7. My 'iOS only' apps are now handled mostly by iPad Pro.

At 33k (with bank offers) its a great VFM. My last stint with Oneplus 2 wasn't really good. I am actually feeling better that I couldn't get MI Note 5 pro during flash sales.

Few issues :
Screen is not very good, the colors look weird, Over/Under Saturated at times.
In call volume is a bit less than iphone.

Network Connectivity during weak signal is better with iPhone 7 plus (may be a dual sim related issue).

Otherwise the speed, battery backup and, Cam performance is Equal /Better than iPhone 7 plus.

I love the phone ! This is also my first OP phone, so maybe I am a newbie to this:

+ Its fast, snappy and clutter free.
+ The Face Unlock is just a breeze to work with
+ The gesture control is smooth and largely bug free.
+ My battery is lasting for around 1.5 to 2 days which is awesome !

Have you ever know how this videos are made?
The underlying PR/Influencer stuff?
Do you know All companies send a reviewers guide and you are asked to stick to that?
well established youtubers ensure they sneak in their thoughts very carefully..

He mentions camera is good.. but not pixel or iphone or s9 levels (All reviewers say the same)
that is to create an impression you are sacrificing slightly for the massive discount in price..
He never says its equal to a "phone" existing in market.

but in reality you are getting an iphone SE saying its flagship...
This is true you know.
The reviewers who live off youtube/sponsors won't actually scream "this is bad and that is bad" directly or openly. They play it very carefully. And you will also be able to detect their bias if you are smart. There is almost always a signed contract involved with Do's and Dont's and if you break any of the terms you will get blacklisted and will never get a review piece ever again.
Also if there's one thing which OnePlus will never be able to improve now, it's their camera. Always their camera. I'm not a hater. It's something which I noticed from various posts/feedback online.
And personally I will never be very impressed by smartphone cameras so it's not really surprising for me.
TLDR: never trust a reviewer's word blindly if he got the (new) review unit for free. And OnePlus is not exactly a very transparent company.

I love the phone ! This is also my first OP phone, so maybe I am a newbie to this:

+ Its fast, snappy and clutter free.
+ The Face Unlock is just a breeze to work with
+ The gesture control is smooth and largely bug free.
+ My battery is lasting for around 1.5 to 2 days which is awesome !

The same applies to redmi/mi phones... (Except face unlock)
So, are you paying heavy price for op6 when redmi can do the same?

Bought Op6 to replace my ailing MI Note 3, which is my secondary phone ; primarily I use iPhone 7 plus..
Contrary to my thinking, Within 2 days I've dumped iPhone 7 plus for OP6 , this device is blazingly fast and everything works. Even the Camera is on Par with iPhone 7 plus and S7. My 'iOS only' apps are now handled mostly by iPad Pro.

At 33k (with bank offers) its a great VFM. My last stint with Oneplus 2 wasn't really good. I am actually feeling better that I couldn't get MI Note 5 pro during flash sales.

Few issues :
Screen is not very good, the colors look weird, Over/Under Saturated at times.
In call volume is a bit less than iphone.

Network Connectivity during weak signal is better with iPhone 7 plus (may be a dual sim related issue).

Otherwise the speed, battery backup and, Cam performance is Equal /Better than iPhone 7 plus.

Believe me... Though the phone feels fast... its only on the OS..
What about your app experience? I bet iphone has an edge on this. My wifes Iphone SE is as usable (Or better) as my 5.5inch android which is last year flagship...
And I don't need to wait until factory releases the latest ROM with updated security or settle with buggy Custom ROM.

The same applies to redmi/mi phones... (Except face unlock)
So, are you paying heavy price for op6 when redmi can do the same?
Then it Applies to Iphone and samsung Flagships to except wireless charging and IP68 ratings they do the same what a redmi 6k phones does ?

What a comparison. [emoji122] [emoji122]

Your wife's SE if its tha good why one buys the iPhone 8+ or the iPhone x it does exactly the same what SE does apart from faceunlock ip68 and couple Of other things.... Wait what wireless charging not even a fast charger included with it, One needs to buy a new one for almost 6k i think, isn't it's funny.

I see people bashing this brand are not the users/buyers, Its like siting outside the theatre and and shouting don't watch it don'twatch it its a bad movie. [emoji12][emoji12]

Also if i remember reading you bought the MI Max 2... Right ?

Last edited:
We all know OPPO and OnePlus are in house designs. How they couldn't bring a new design for a Flagship phone?

P6bOOee.jpg

xXhkNQS.jpg
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9118&idPhone2=9109#diff-
I guess people are much in to specifications now a days rather than a fresh design!

Oneplus Design team has become so lazy.. Just change the vertical fingerprint sensor//Camera///Flash to horizontal... Easy job eh? Yawwwnn....

We all know OPPO and OnePlus are in house designs. How they couldn't bring a new design for a Flagship phone?

P6bOOee.jpg

xXhkNQS.jpg
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=9118&idPhone2=9109#diff-
I guess people are much in to specifications now a days rather than a fresh design!

Oneplus Design team has become so lazy.. Just change the vertical fingerprint sensor//Camera///Flash to horizontal... Easy job eh? Yawwwnn....
What about Samsung and apple, haven't seen you bashing them Samsung S8 vs S9 almost same they did not even thought of changing the position, Apple is far bigger lazy then oneplus they just changed the colors on the IPhone 8/8+, lol

Earlier it was the software updates you were cribbing about now its the design, 2 years old oneplus 3/3T are still getting updates even its going to receive the face lock soon.

What about Samsung and apple, haven't seen you bashing them Samsung S8 vs S9 almost same they did not even thought of changing the position, Apple is far bigger lazy then oneplus they just changed the colors on the IPhone 8/8+, lol
When we talk about Samsung and Apple, I will definitely Crib but now we are talking about Oneplus here.
Earlier it was the software updates you were cribbing about now its the design, 2 years old oneplus 3/3T are still getting updates even its going to receive the face lock soon.
Yeah, Then they said they will stop updates for 3/3T not even 8 months it was since launch? They were Quiet silent on Updates, We started a campaign on Social media and then they Came up with updates. I personally had a word with Carl pei and expressed my concern.

Last edited:
Then it Applies to Iphone and samsung Flagships to except wireless charging and IP68 ratings they do the same what a redmi 6k phones does ?

What a comparison. [emoji122] [emoji122]

You missed the sarcasm by a mile...

Your wife's SE if its tha good why one buys the iPhone 8+ or the iPhone x it does exactly the same what SE does apart from faceunlock ip68 and couple Of other things.... Wait what wireless charging not even a fast charger included with it, One needs to buy a new one for almost 6k i think, isn't it's funny.

I see people bashing this brand are not the users/buyers, Its like siting outside the theatre and and shouting don't watch it don'twatch it its a bad movie. [emoji12][emoji12]

Are you the guy who drives in pedestrian paths & parks wrongly? I mentioned about last years android flagship in comparison and not this years apple flagship... This years iphones are twice as powerful than androids flagships (There comes the pitchforks)... that longevity is the key..

Also if i remember reading you bought the MI Max 2... Right ?

I never said I use only one phone...

They call 8/10 Averange ?

Bad- Should have been water prof but why wireless charging ? Isn't Dash enough ?
I think they don't want to be too harsh. They also call 7/10 average.
As for wireless charging it's more like a trend now. I guess they expected/wanted it in such a premium "flagship" model. Can't be sure.

They call 8/10 Averange ?

Bad- Should have been water prof but why wireless charging ? Isn't Dash enough ?

I'm perfectly fine with lack of wireless charging... actually Dash is way faster and efficient than wireless.
But the fact they made the phone fragile for nothing in return, angers me...
As Dieter rams say "Every aspect of a design should have a purpose" or "design should be honest"

Back