OnePlus 6 & 6T (2018 launches thread)

Would you still buy a phone from company who launches a model every 6 months?

• Yes.. I have black money and i can afford new model

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • No.. I'll squeeze the phone for a long period and just throw it.. So its fine!

Votes: 36 85.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • 6GB RAM with 128GB version is priced at Rs. 37,999,
  • 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 41,999 and the top-end
  • 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version costs Rs. 45,999.

Goodbye! :wtf:

Last edited:
Hahaha . Love the satire ..

POCO is a really good deal though.. my wife uses it and I envy the great front boosting stereo sound and a great package phone at almost half the price.

For people missing the headphone jack, how often do you change earphones/headphones? Can't you just leave the dongle connected to the earphone and not have to worry about losing it/forgetting to bring it along?

Not a great upgrade from OP6. Mostly everyone will skip it. Price is going skyroof with every upgrade. Seems, they need to learn from Xiaomi POCO

True.. POCO changed the market and OP is still riding the hype train.

This upgrade was clearly rushed just to make their US launch official.. I mean they launched a backpack ?

FML.

I never seen so many tech nerd screaming for a few bag :)

Sorry boys I use iphone 6s 16gig with google drive in it. Need to upgrade the battery may be by end of the year , it still has juice left in it for another 2 years. Paid 55k . 55k/3 years equals to 15k rs per year so if i use it for 5 years its still worth it . Oh wait I have a second had 4s with me use it as music phone :D with headphone JACK and there are people buying phones worth 20 to 35k and ditching it every year not sure for what joy ?

Yeah the camare is sooo goood.. ( Will mobile camera will ever be good as DSLR or mirrorless cams ) not in next light year.

Talking about oneplus 6t ( what a stupid update ) we are 10 percent faster , we have 5 percent bigger screen , also we are expensive year by year and we have a stupid community like APPLE who will vouch for these phones every year . If you have the money yeah sure go ahead , but dont buy if your are a impulsive gadget freak , hold your horses ..:)

Oneplus following same strategy as apple. They have now established huge fanboy base in India. Now no matter what shit phone or even a minor update and you sell your shit phone at high price and those chu fanboys will blindly buy it to flaunt as their own cheap apple from china.
Op6 is anyways an over hyped phone. Nothing great about it.

Oneplus following same strategy as apple. They have now established huge fanboy base in India. Now no matter what shit phone or even a minor update and you sell your shit phone at high price and those chu fanboys will blindly buy it to flaunt as their own cheap apple from china.
Op6 is anyways an over hyped phone. Nothing great about it.

Don't all the companies have CHU fanboys ?

Sorry boys I use iphone 6s 16gig with google drive in it. Need to upgrade the battery may be by end of the year , it still has juice left in it for another 2 years. Paid 55k . 55k/3 years equals to 15k rs per year so if i use it for 5 years its still worth it . Oh wait I have a second had 4s with me use it as music phone :D with headphone JACK and there are people buying phones worth 20 to 35k and ditching it every year not sure for what joy ?

Yeah the camare is sooo goood.. ( Will mobile camera will ever be good as DSLR or mirrorless cams ) not in next light year.

I think you are missing the point that majority of "those" kind of people you referred to, they actually "exchange" their 25~30k budget smartphone for as much as almost 50% of the initial cost.
So effectively they too are paying 15k per year for owning the phone. Heck I exchanged my LeEco Le2 for almost an 8k discount for the Galaxy S7 last year when I had paid only 10k for it initially! :cool:

However "those" kind of people don't miss on latest technologies like "dual sim" :p, better battery, performance, camera etc which you do by holding on to the same phone for 5 years. I sure can't manage with 16gigs of space + google drive (not sure why you mentioned it, hope you know google drive data is synced and its not something extra) these days when 64GB is kind of norm

P.S. Not a fan boi of any brand.. I just like to use what I feel is giving me the best bang for the buck..
Today Xioami, tomorow Samsung.. whatever suits my wallet the best :)

Last edited:

Talking about oneplus 6t ( what a stupid update ) we are 10 percent faster , we have 5 percent bigger screen , also we are expensive year by year and we have a stupid community like APPLE who will vouch for these phones every year . If you have the money yeah sure go ahead , but dont buy if your are a impulsive gadget freak , hold your horses ..:)

Doesn't that make you an Apple fanboy? Just replace the word oneplus with the word iphone in your statement and see if it doesn't hold true? (% faster, bigger screen etc ;))

The business model of these companies is to keep you hooked to their products. One model a year just won't cut it in Android if you are developing flagship phones. Check the sales figures of companies which only launch one flagship a year. There is a huge spike at launch which peaks around the 3 month mark and then tapers off at 6 months. There aren't many left anyway. Samsung does Galaxy and Note. LG does G and V series. Xiaomi themselves do a heck lot of launches every year.

My advice to anyone buying a phone is to first set a budget and then get the best one available at that price point. At 20k, the Poco F1 is a no brainer. At 40k the OP6 and the LG are pretty good. At 60k the Samsung devices offer the best camera and screen. At 70k+ it is a straight shootout between the Pixel and the Note. Now whether these phones are worth their price is up to the buyer based on the features he is looking for.

Nope it doesn't make me apple fan boy , I have used 5 andriod mid range phones before picking up apple , those mid range model phones sucked after 1.5 years. :)

As long as you're happy with the choice you've made!

Although, i must ask if you did try a pixel or a Note since those were in the price range of an iPhone 6 at launch?

Nope it doesn't make me apple fan boy , I have used 5 andriod mid range phones before picking up apple , those mid range model phones sucked after 1.5 years. :)
Aren't you comparing apples to oranges. Just like you are happy with your 3yr old 6s,similarly most users of 3yr old S7 and S7 edge are perfectly happy with theirs.
The point is, whether Android or Apple, the need to upgrade phones every year is no longer valid. People upgrade either because they are used to doing that every year or because they have become bored of their current device.
My RN3 was perfectly fine for my usage even after 1.5yrs but I upgraded because I grew bored of it and also wanted to upgrade internal storage. It has been 10 months with my current Honor View 10 and I don't see myself upgrading unless I again get bored of the device or find a cheap option to upgrade internal storage.

I'm still on Xperia Z3. It was flagship killer 3 yrs ago but obviously no flagship can have its glory for longer than max 1 1.5yrs. Though there is certainly nothing wrong at all with my phone its just that it cannot cope up with some apps due to ram and that I have heavily rooted it and loving it on That part.
But also I'm bored now after 3 looong yrs and looking for a nice upgrade which will help me hold for another 2yrs at least.

And now even mid range phones offer very good power pack features so one really doesn't have to shell out 30k+ when once upon a time todays mid range features were only found in 45 50k flagship phones.

So now I'm holding yesteryear's 45k model but today I will be happy to buy a sub 20 25k mark phone with balanced features.

For people missing the headphone jack, how often do you change earphones/headphones? Can't you just leave the dongle connected to the earphone and not have to worry about losing it/forgetting to bring it along?
Yes. I love it when my phone has a piece of wire hanging from the charging port 24/7\

cant believe people are defending removing headphone jack.

Yes. I love it when my phone has a piece of wire hanging from the charging port 24/7\

Who is defending it? I'm asking how much of a bother is it to keep the dongle connected to the earphones....not the phone! Most people don't change earphones that often.

Lol, He is saying leave it connected to the earphone end and not the phone.[emoji12][emoji12]

But I personally feal dumping the earphone jack is a big mistake, Had to wait to Watch or. Listen to somehting coz there was no battery left and at once one can charge it or listen to the music or watch video.

How good is the camera on the oneplus. Want to move from an iphone 8 plus, but the two things I love on this phone is the camera and the battery life.

Back