Oneplus One coming to India, can it kill Moto G and Xiaomi Mi3?

. Has anyone managed to get good (and more importantly consistent) service from any of the well known brands like Samsung, Sony or Nokia?
As far as i have read regarding forum member experiences, LG and Nokia are very good. Samsung comes next maybe. Sony is worst i think as there was the case of Broken display on xperia z and sony charged 22k to repair it. But a no of my friends are sony fanboys and are regretting purchasing their phones. Apple should be no1 i guess as one member had posted some minor niggles with respect to iphone 5, the apple centre totally replaced it. I dunno which other company will do that for a minor annoyance.

it wont be easy to get opo even they launch in India,they hardly fill the requirements from US UK and other countries .i doubt they will sell here from e eCommerce site

As far as i have read regarding forum member experiences, LG and Nokia are very good. Samsung comes next maybe. Sony is worst i think as there was the case of Broken display on xperia z and sony charged 22k to repair it. But a no of my friends are sony fanboys and are regretting purchasing their phones. Apple should be no1 i guess as one member had posted some minor niggles with respect to iphone 5, the apple centre totally replaced it. I dunno which other company will do that for a minor annoyance.
I know a number of people that are on their second & even third Z2 replacements because of QA issues. If the company warrants its products to be free from defects and you can show there are some then you will get a replacement. You may have to be forthright about it but you can hold them to whatever their warranty states. So long as its clear that the defects are just that and not due to other reasons.

A broken display is an exception.

Sadly, none of that is consistent. I haven't had a single instance of good customer service experience for me or any of my friends or colleagues as far mobiles are concerned.

Nokia - Long repair/replacement times citing non-availability of stock. Attempts to mislead/defraud customers. (This may be service center specific). Even for replacement, they will make you wait for an eternity if they don't have a refurbished unit to give you.
Samsung - Voiding warranty in 99% of the cases eligible for repair/replacement by citing water damage based on the unreliable moisture detection strips that they installed in the phones and asking customers to pay for repairs.
Sony Erricsion - Long repair/replacement times. Often returning without repairs or with some other problems. Poor overall service.
Apple - Voiding warranty citing water damage even when there is no such thing. Long repair times. Inconsistent service (depends on your luck and your location)

Totally agree with @LordNemesis.
Even I had the same varying experience from all these Nokia, Samsung, Sony and Lenovo.

I used to worship Apple because the way they treated me during warranty period for several of their products (I have no experience with Iphone). I have experienced their service for Nano, Touch, Ipad and Macbook pro, during warranty period.
Recently I got a real shocker when I took my Macbook pro (2 years old) for an OS upgrade. They were unable to upgrade it because of some problem with MB (estimated charge 34,500/-). Quality -- my foot. Once the warranty is over they treat you shabbily unless you pay exorbitant price.

^I don't really know, with the price bracket I thought Moto G and Mi3 wil be fine at that time.

do you think I should change it?

^OP one might come around the 20K+ range , and that MI4 surely wouldn't come at 20k, cos MI wanted a foot hold here so they priced MI3 lighter side of the budget, not taking into account for the loss in taxes, logistics and other operational costs. As for Moto one has to wait and see when they really plan to launch X 2014 version here in India, if its one year later on.. then there is no point putting it in comparison either!

Should it be Price Vs Performance / Spec Vs Price comparison?

No news of the 16GB variant? 64GB is overkill for me. :/
Sexy phone nevertheless. I'm sold if a new v2 comes with a dual-sim slot. *_*

seems there are cases for cracked screens for mi and it costs a redmi to replace the screen. anyone seen such a case?

mi costs 15k, so screen repair is 6k ?

Sounds very reasonable.

lg or samsung (big screen amoled excepted) would charge similar. nokia could cost more and sony waterproofs would be still more.

I have a feeling that after 6 months we will have a similar situation. Should one get OPO/XIAOMI with the SD801 or go with older but branded SD800 devices like s5 lte.
I think the success of xiaomi might have had a hand in oppo vying for the indian pie. Such flash sales are an easy marketing way for the newer companies. Imagine the cost of marketing incurred by samsung on the s5, even if you take only India in account. Then compare it with how much xiaomi might have lost even if it was selling phones at list price. Now a days when the advertising space is at premium, i feel flash sales from the company are an ingenoius marketing stroke though it ends up being frustrating for end customers like me.

After watching the apple event on 9th, i remembered the MI india launch which i had watched on youtube. I was struck by how low key the mi india event was , spartan but definitely not shabby. I guessed maybe this is where all the savings are going into., saving marketing money to market in. A different way! Ingenious.

Back