Android Oneplus One Invite collation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should maintain a proper queue in the first post. That's how I got mine from a forum.
What's the order of members who are expecting an invite now?

Shared one with m-jeri. Who's next? Got 6 days left to share, but I think once shared the person needs to buy within 1 day. I don't how it is now, but that was how it was earlier.

I'd like one as well please. Hope it's not country locked. I'm planning to buy from the UK, if it makes any difference.

Btw what about the OP? Haven't seen him post for a while here. Is he no longer interested or has he got one? Because if we are going to follow a queue, he should be the 1st in line, :).

Last edited:
Shared one with m-jeri. Who's next? Got 6 days left to share, but I think once shared the person needs to buy within 1 day. I don't how it is now, but that was how it was earlier.

Please oblige me too with an invite. Thanks in advance

Looking forward for an invite to buy this device from Germany. If anyone has a spare invite please provide me one.

I need one invite. Someone please be kind enough to give me one. Thanks in advance

Can someone tell me the exact way to do this. I mean I know I need to pay using PayPal for the phone and give US address of the forwarder and then pay the forwarder using debit card and finally pay customs when the parcel reaches my house. But problem here is I dont have PayPal yet and I dont think my card works with PayPal. Also I dont have SNS account yet. Will the time be sufficient to activate or verify Paypal or something? I dont have much time :( @Switch

OnePlus was the first time for me as well. The process seems pretty intimidating but actually is simple. I had gone with PPOBox and I will describe the steps for that only.

Phase 1

You need to open up an account with PPOBox who then will give you a address. The address is basically is for their building but with a code which defines that its your package. They will give you multiple US address. Make sure you chose the NY address. And don't worry no extra tax is applicable on the OnePlus if shipped to New York.

You will also need a Paypal verified account to make the purchase from OnePlus site. Its also pretty simple. You can do it with your existing credit card. Just log on to paypal/create a account and add a credit card there. They will charge you a small amount(later refundable) and they will send you a SMS with a code (on your credit card registered mobile number)and you need to submit that code and they will verify your account and you then have a paypal verified Credit Card.

Now to claim the invitee you need to register on the one plus site and make an account. You can just click on the invitee and the rest of the process is as simple as registering for TE itself. There is one thing to take care of though. You need to have two separate billing and shipping address. The Billing address should be the same as the Credit Card address. The shipping address would be the one supplied by the PPOBox website. This is because Paypal sometimes rejects payments if billing address is different from the CC address. Simply pay through your CC and wait for one plus guys to ship your phone.

End of phase 1

Phase 2

This is the phase where OnePlus actually ships your phone and gives you a tracking number. Once you get the tracking number you can visits the USPS/UPS tracking site and look at the status. At the same time you can log on to the PPOBox site and from there there is an adoption to create a shipment. This is basically a step where you are directing PPOBox that there is a shipment which is coming in your account and you want it shipped to a particular address in India. Again the process is really simple its just a form which you have to fill. You will get a tracking number for the shipment. This is a internal PPOBox tracking number.

Once the phone arrives with PPOBox US address they will shoot you a mail(within 24-48 working hours) and if you had created a shipment they will ship the product to the destination country.

End of phase 2

Phase 3

By the end of 5th day your shipment from US would have reached Bombay customs. Once it reaches Bombay customs PPOBox people will again shoot you a mail asking for an authorisation letter for clearing customs on your behalf, Invoice of the phone(the web receipt from OnePlus) and your id and address proof. The authorisation letter format would be supplied by the PPOBox people themselves. You just need to take a printout of the same fill it and sign it and then again scan/click pic of the same and mail it back.The customs can take anywhere from 1-4 days maybe more.

Also they will ask you for a total sum of Rs 3500+(Cutoms,Phone Insurance,PPOBox service charges). You need to pay this on the PPOBox site. The details would be there in the mail. They will only clear your customs once these charges are paid.

As soon as they are able to clear the customs they will further ship the phone to you (via DHL in my case) and give you the tracking number. You then just need to wait out for 24-72 hours depending on the city for your phone.

End of phase 3

It can take anywhere from 12-18 days for the complete process but its fairly simple. You will not lose the phone once it reaches PPOBox thats for sure. And the time you will get the phone this complete process would seems really simple to you :)

Now get going and order your OnePlus you have 24 hours to claim the invitee and 24 hours after you have claimed to purchase the phone. Claim the invitee only once you have a PayPal verified CC and PPOBox account. Hope this helped @artikle[DOUBLEPOST=1411567284][/DOUBLEPOST]Also making a account with Paypal and PPOBox takes 15 minutes max.

@Switch Wow! Just wow! Terrific post. Worthy of being stickied :).

1. So what does the final price come to? 2. Will it vary due to customs variations?

@Switch You. Are. Awesome! _/\_ That post was extremely useful. But I'm sorry I need to clarify some more things :p
I dont have a credit card. Only debit cards from axis and sbi. But my friend is in US and he has a Bank of America debit card and he already bought a phone with that card. Now if I create a Paypal account and use his card then, in the address section of PayPal should I enter the credit card address or my address. I guess the credit card address. Or can i use his Paypal account to pay?

^Thanks :) Can I order using his paypal account even if the invite is not for that paypal email? Also, my friend has a new phone now with him which he is willing to send me. Do you have any idea how much it would cost or if the customs would be higher that way by any chance? Thing is he doesn't have enough money in that Bank Of America card so, I need to deposit money from here which might attract lots of fees I guess? @Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back