Android OnePlus One is official, runs custom CyanogenMod 11S

The phone is quite good dor the price.

Only problem being 5.5 inch.

Also no news of coming to India and not hoping also.

I believe that if a company is introducing a product, it should be made available almost immediately for the public to buy.
If it stays out of stock or limited availability and such then people lose interest in that and the company loses potential customers.
Especially when the company is making its foray into an already crowded space like smartphones.

I believe that if a company is introducing a product, it should be made available almost immediately for the public to buy.
If it stays out of stock or limited availability and such then people lose interest in that and the company loses potential customers.
Especially when the company is making its foray into an already crowded space like smartphones.

It's really a marketing ploy. "Magically" everyone who wants an invite will get one and because you were 'lucky' enough to get one you'll feel special and you'll follow through on buying the phone. As time goes on, the invites to purchase a OnePlus One will be easier to obtain until presumably at some point you'll be able to just buy one like every other phone.

The thinking is that there will only be invites made available for precisely the number of phones that are made and ready to be purchased — though it seems a bit exclusionary to make people go looking for an invite rather than having a simple online store where you can place an order and be backordered if no stock is readily available.[DOUBLEPOST=1399697930][/DOUBLEPOST]
A year ago they said that about 5 inchers. What will all these one handed requirements.

Well it gave the OEMs an opportunity to launch the "mini" versions

i don't buy the 5.5inch thing, i've seen many people unable to go beyond 5.

5 (4.7 or 5.2) is the sweet spot for portability & readability.

Under or over that and you juggle portability over readability. Or you get screens with next to no bezel that are susceptible to inadvertent touching.

mini's are a pain to read at arms length.

The "Sweet Spot" thing is highly subjective. People should not assume what perfect screen size is for them is the same for others too.

Also this invite BS is just to make themselves sound wanted and all. Not all are patient and will buy another device if the company cannot provide them immediately.
I like Apple's approach here that is provides the phones to the masses almost on same day of announcement or within 10 days or so.

i don't buy the 5.5inch thing, i've seen many people unable to go beyond 5.

5 (4.7 or 5.2) is the sweet spot for portability & readability.

Under or over that and you juggle portability over readability. Or you get screens with next to no bezel that are susceptible to inadvertent touching.

mini's are a pain to read at arms length.

Yep, size is highly subjective, and depends on the size of the palm for starter. For me, 4.7 inch seems ideal. For one of my friends anything below 5.5 inch doesn't seem like a phone.

The "Sweet Spot" thing is highly subjective. People should not assume what perfect screen size is for them is the same for others too.

Also this invite BS is just to make themselves sound wanted and all. Not all are patient and will buy another device if the company cannot provide them immediately.
I like Apple's approach here that is provides the phones to the masses almost on same day of announcement or within 10 days or so.

Well, to begin with One plus one is a 6 month old start-up with a complicated background. They are funded by OPPO Electronic though OPPO Electronic is an investment company and is not the same as OPPO Mobile. Ideally, they should have gone in the back-ordering route instead of the "smash the phone" and "invite" route. Till the time people get hold of their Snapdragon 801 flagship, there will be newer phones with Snapdragon 805 and the interest will go down.

That is why the invites, this is an enthusiasts phone. They are trying to appeal to the experienced users to get a buzz. This is not a mass market phone or at least this particular model isn't one.

whatever people say, this phone still has pretty much shaked every one in mobile industry and once they go global, man, they can kick some serious ass.

I will buy one if I get a chance in the next 3 months for sure. A company needs support when they come out with something this good at this price point.

Well, to begin with One plus one is a 6 month old start-up with a complicated background. They are funded by OPPO Electronic though OPPO Electronic is an investment company and is not the same as OPPO Mobile. Ideally, they should have gone in the back-ordering route instead of the "smash the phone" and "invite" route. Till the time people get hold of their Snapdragon 801 flagship, there will be newer phones with Snapdragon 805 and the interest will go down.
Your are close to right but remember that this phone got flagship hardware at cheap price, currently there are phone powered by mediatek processor , 720p display price at 20k. So even after 6 months it will be a deal breaker. But hate to accept it's not gonna available to Masses soon.

Your are close to right but remember that this phone got flagship hardware at cheap price, currently there are phone powered by mediatek processor , 720p display price at 20k. So even after 6 months it will be a deal breaker. But hate to accept it's not gonna available to Masses soon.

A relatively cheap phone coming from a start-up Chinese company, with no ETA on the availability to the masses, it's a difficult task to sustain the hype. But it would be great if they reach the greater masses sooner than later though.

Some reviews here: http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/detailed-review-of-the-chinese-oneplus-one-with-coloros.9660/

Back