OnePlus X Launched in India at Rs.16,999

^personal opinion i guess. But if the X had two dedicated SIM card slots and a slot for the memory card then i will take the X. But at 17k i'm not getting it or the mi4. Moto X Play please. The X might do well in 14-15k. The design and everything else (except for the lack of dedicated dual sim feature) is splendid. I mean we can all agree that its such a beautiful phone *-*
Btw the processor for this X is a Krait right? Not mentioned in the specs anywhere. I only see "SD801 Quad Core".

^well yes but personally i'm a sucker for dual-sim, expandable storage (not an internal storage fan) and long battery. I feel that dual-sim feature is a must in India. You cannot rely on one operator alone and carrying two phones is a hassle. The one reason why i didn't want to buy the S4 at 14k, Mi4 and 1+1 is the lack of a dual-sim feature. If the Mi 4 had a dual-sim feature and the 64GB variant available at 14k then it would be a steal for me. The newer Mi 4i, even though it has a dual-sim feature has inferior specs.

for some reason i can't quote posts. :/

^Are you talking about the Ceramic variant or the phone itself? I don't see as much anticipation with this phone as his bigger brother the 1+1. Literally no hype. I might be wrong though. Haven't used social media in the last 6-7 months so I dunno. but its a beautiful phone nonetheless.
If you do get it then try your luck on eBay. People on olx will most likely ask you for imba discount lol.

^Are you talking about the Ceramic variant or the phone itself? I don't see as much anticipation with this phone as his bigger brother the 1+1. Literally no hype. I might be wrong though. Haven't used social media in the last 6-7 months so I dunno. but its a beautiful phone nonetheless.
If you do get it then try your luck on eBay. People on olx will most likely ask you for imba discount lol.
I'm clumsy. I meant for that reply to be posted in this thread. I posted in the wrong place. Disregard that. :p

Signed up just for the heck of it.

Got the invite...
You’re invited
Congratulations, you have just
received an invite to purchase the OnePlus X.
Claim within 72 hours!
...but
Please note: This invite can only be
claimed under this email address.
aww...
The last line looks like it has been made to prevent any unauthorized use/sale of the invite code. But instead its likely to deter people from buying it. No new skeptical member is going to simply trust you with his 17 grand.

Got the phone today. And straightaway SD card reading issues. As per XDA and OnePlus forums, it's a software issue which cropped up after the latest OTA and it's a bug which is acknowledged by OnePlus. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Other than that, the phone seems good. I'm yet to get the nano SIM, so I'm yet to test out the reception and other stuff.

e7TWTRP.jpg

OnePlus X specifications:
  • 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
  • 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor with Adreno 330 GPU
  • 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
  • Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) based Oxygen OS 2.1
  • Hybrid Dual (nano + nano) SIM (second slot can also be used as microSD slot)
  • 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, ISOCELL 32M sensor, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording,
  • 8MP front-facing camera, OV8858 sensor, wide-angle lens, f/2.4 aperture
  • Dimensions: 140×69×6.9mm; Weight: 138g (Onyx), 160g (Ceramic)
  • 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 1.2W bottom-facing speaker
  • 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
  • 2525mAh built-in battery
The OnePlus X is priced at Rs. 16,999 for the Onyx version the and limited edition Ceramic version is priced at Rs. 22,999.
Beautiful design but low/mid-range specs. Most reviews say that its slow (which was expected) but I really like the design. I'd go for it if I didn't already use a OnePlus 2 and Galaxy S6 edge, and couldn't bear a slower phone. :)

Beautiful design but low/mid-range specs. Most reviews say that its slow (which was expected) but I really like the design. I'd go for it if I didn't already use a OnePlus 2 and Galaxy S6 edge, and couldn't bear a slower phone. :)
It has a good hardware. The "slow" might be because of Oxygen OS.

Back