OnePlusOne coming to India Via Amazon

OnePlusOne(or OPPO) must have known for some time that CM was making a deal with MMX(this kind of deal cant be done in a matter of days it takes months and CM being OnePlusOnes major partner would have informed them of the Indian situation) yet they still persisted with the hype of a pure CM phone. It was only when news leaked out from different sources that OnePlusOne chose to issue a somewhat confusing letter addressing the situation.
Looking at this I would say OnePlusOne and CM are the bigger villains and MMX just took advantage of the situation,
Going through the OnePlusOne forums it seems to me that CM support even for international OnePlusOne phones is only till December 2015, what happens after then? CM support ends for international phones also?

the blog says they are putting together a android developer team and they will be working on a ROM for one plus one with production grade ROM by Februray. Who knows it might be vanilla android!!

Is it really worth buying this phone even if it comes at the sweetest price point without any OS support? Though this phone is matured enough after a lot of the initial hiccups and a couple of updates, but what if India becomes a dumping yard of those bad piece of hardware?

Is it really worth buying this phone even if it comes at the sweetest price point without any OS support? Though this phone is matured enough after a lot of the initial hiccups and a couple of updates, but what if India becomes a dumping yard of those bad piece of hardware?

If they will support the international versions, which I think they will, it shouldn't be a problem for Indian users. Also this phone will definitely get updates from the community just like any other Nexus device out there.

OnePlus and Cyanogen on brink of breakup after India fight

Cyanogen's India deal will not affect OnePlus users elsewhere, as confirmed by Pei. At least "for another year," anyway. As for OnePlus One's India launch with Amazon, it will go ahead as planned on December 2nd and it'll still carry CyanogenMod, but it won't be updated
things are only going to get worse even for international users. Unless they have a plan B which I think they already have it now.
Not sure what you meant by without any OS support but it is. And as for the hardware imo its very good at its price point on paper for now, actual reliability in real world however will be known only after a while. No phone gives insta-hardware problem immediately after purchase anyway.

^OnePlus would be getting the Lollipop release soon, Dunno if India will get that or Color OS will be dumped here, Though for sure Andy 4.4 is there, but the company hasnt said that IND version should get it or not. Cos of CyanoGen partnership with MMX , its quiet unlikely an official OTA will be made available?

F***ing Micromax. I think One Plus One is a great piece of hardware and making a basic rom is not a big deal. They can pick up the base CM and introduce their own updates. I dont think its that big of a problem. Its Micromax's insecurity, butting in after a huge scare by Xiaomi.

I cant wait for the day when Micromax goes flaming down with their rebranded chinese shit and hideous Indian business mentality. Zero originality, zero effort. All they'l do is copy others, fool innocent customers and then let them deal with extremely shitty service.
They make thousands of crores out of this sham.

I bought a Micromax device once, and regret it till date. But never again.

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/156...stom-android-builds-for-the-one-in-india.html

OnePlus announced today that it will release its own custom Android OS builds for the OnePlus One starting this December. Recently, CyanogenMod Inc. entered a deal with Micromax, giving the latter exclusive rights to distributing CyanogenMod OS powered phones in India. Hence, OnePlus has started working on their own Android OS builds, which will be available for One handsets in India starting this December.

Note that Cyanogen Inc. will not release the Android 5.0 Lollipop based CM12 update for Indian OnePlus One handsets. Damn you Micromax!

We can't explain Cyanogen's decision because we don't fully understand it ourselves. But we can explain exactly how we'll continue offering our fans in India an amazing user experience and support for this device.

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/156...stom-android-builds-for-the-one-in-india.html

OnePlus announced today that it will release its own custom Android OS builds for the OnePlus One starting this December. Recently, CyanogenMod Inc. entered a deal with Micromax, giving the latter exclusive rights to distributing CyanogenMod OS powered phones in India. Hence, OnePlus has started working on their own Android OS builds, which will be available for One handsets in India starting this December.

Note that Cyanogen Inc. will not release the Android 5.0 Lollipop based CM12 update for Indian OnePlus One handsets. Damn you Micromax!

We can't explain Cyanogen's decision because we don't fully understand it ourselves. But we can explain exactly how we'll continue offering our fans in India an amazing user experience and support for this device.

LOL That comment from OPO is pure bullshit.

Indian OPO phones are coming without the CM logo on the back so OPO knew about CMs decision to go with MMX a long time back, they just didnt inform us before as the hype would have died out

Cyanogen has been working for a long time on OPO roms and they are still buggy with reboots, audio quality issues during calls, bluetooth issues, audio quality in video recordings etc
many people have reported that phone refuses to boot after flashing CM updates.
So expecting OPO to come up with a stable rom in just 2 months is a bit far fetched.

Sorry to say even micromax has a stable version of android for their phones, at least for daily use but with OPO its going to be a work in progress for a long time

Cyanogen has been working for a long time on OPO roms and they are still buggy with reboots, audio quality issues during calls, bluetooth issues, audio quality in video recordings etc
many people have reported that phone refuses to boot after flashing CM updates.
So expecting OPO to come up with a stable rom in just 2 months is a bit far fetched.

Sorry to say even micromax has a stable version of android for their phones, at least for daily use but with OPO its going to be a work in progress for a long time
the latest update XNPH44R is stable.. it is the last cm 11 build before cyanogen releases their lollipop build.

Maybe because he's happy with it?
Nah I don't think so. He has replaced the display twice and changed the cover once. While mine is still going strong. its just the typical fanboy reaction when they refuse to accept the hard facts.

Last edited:
Back