OnePlusOne coming to India Via Amazon

Cyanogen to Update OnePlus One Globally, Even in India

http://www.xda-developers.com/android/cyanogen-updating-indian-oneplus-one/

According to Cyanogen’s blog, the company will continue to provide updates for all global OnePlus One devices, including those in India. This means that the forthcoming Lollipop update will be available to download everywhere–through the usual update channels such as OTAs and factory images.

https://cyngn.com/blog/2014/12/commitment-to-our-users/

Not sure of that... But
1) The announcement from Cyanogen no where says "Indian" 1+ phones. It only says that the "global" meaning (bit grey area) that if a 1+ was purchased outside India and being used in India it will get OTA but no clear mentions of the devices SOLD in India.

From the quote
We are proud of the work we did on the OnePlus One. Through our collaboration with OnePlus, we demonstrated the power of strong hardware and software tuned for exceptional performance. To clarify misinformation out there, the OnePlus One will get OTA firmware updates for all global devices, including global devices for our users in India. Rather than have misinformation continue to circulate out there, we felt it important to bring this matter to rest.

Last edited:
Not sure of that... But
1) The announcement from Cyanogen no where says "Indian" 1+ phones. It only says that the "global" meaning (bit grey area) that if a 1+ was purchased outside India and being used in India it will get OTA but no clear mentions of the devices SOLD in India.

From the quote
We are proud of the work we did on the OnePlus One. Through our collaboration with OnePlus, we demonstrated the power of strong hardware and software tuned for exceptional performance. To clarify misinformation out there, the OnePlus One will get OTA firmware updates for all global devices, including global devices for our users in India. Rather than have misinformation continue to circulate out there, we felt it important to bring this matter to rest.
The delay in response was what made me say that. And yes the grey area which you pointed made it even more confusing esp to all the people who havent bought it but are planning to. Why cant they simply be specific on this. Damn Cyanogen.

I have the invite and claimed also. Now it is in my cart. Let me know if anyone interested and make a deal within 24hours through PM.
I will add your address and it will be directly come to your address. Check pincode on Amazon for COD.

Been using the OnePlus One India edition over the past couple of days. The yellow tint issue is very much present and is noticeable on white background. I haven't been able to use the phone out in the sun much, so will keep you posted if it disappears after exposure to the sun.

Back