Online Broadband Speed Monitor

Hey PrateekS,

I call MTNL mumbai BB Helpdesk and come to know that as I already used 12GB, Broadband speed reduced to 256kbps :(

I was not aware that MTNL Unlimted BB to have FUP :(

Are you on Hathway? What Plan? How service is? Any down time? Where are you in Mumbai?

No speed reduction here.

I now get that much at home thanks to Hathway for 10$ a month :D

Hey PrateekS,

I call MTNL mumbai BB Helpdesk and come to know that as I already used 12GB, Broadband speed reduced to 256kbps :(

I was not aware that MTNL Unlimted BB to have FUP :(

Are you on Hathway? What Plan? How service is? Any down time? Where are you in Mumbai?
What plan do you have ? Switch over to the 550 plan..it has 1 mbps during day 1.5 mbps at night Unlimited.

Also,regardign hathway , im on a 3819 per 6 months including all charges 50 mbps plan...no downtime...service here is good ,versova area.

With MTNL (I have Xpress UL COMBO 650) they have 12GB Limit Per Month, till 12GB I'm getting very good speed but after that net is just manage to crawling.

You are with Hathway Rs.3819/- for 6 Months, i.e. Rs.636.50/- (Unlimited NO LIMITATION? Really? How much GB max you can use in a Month with Hathway)

Thanks for reply :)

What plan do you have ? Switch over to the 550 plan..it has 1 mbps during day 1.5 mbps at night Unlimited.

Also,regardign hathway , im on a 3819 per 6 months including all charges 50 mbps plan...no downtime...service here is good ,versova area.

FUP is 10gb,thereafter 1 mbps now..(hathway) there are other plans for much higher data usage too...

MTNL plan is 550,1.5 mbps at night,1 mbps during day. Why dont you switch to this plan ?

Also if u contact MTNL they will change your after FUP speed to 1 mbps...

Yes, I had called 1504 and the lady told me that due to 12GB uses, speed is reduced and will be returned to Normal from 1st March.

Does this means if it was (FUP) happened on 15th or 18th day of the month than I need to wait (for 1 mbps or above speed) till 1st Day of Next Month?

Here is my BB speed on 28th FEB 2014
mtnl_bb_speed_test.jpg
free photo hosting

This is Todyas 3rd March 2014 Speed Test Result

2nd April 2014 Speed Test Result

All MTNL mumbai plans have after fup speed of 1 mbps... I think it still is 650 per month.. They will not charge extra.. You can call 1500.

Attachments

• 3345124573.png
    3345124573.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
You have to change plan...you are still on old plan....old plan had FUP speeds of 512 kbps...new plans have FUP speeds of 1mbps

Yes, there is choice for me, but at same time I do not want to increase monthly expenses too.... as this shifting increase bill nearly by Rs.300/- PM
You have to change plan...you are still on old plan....old plan had FUP speeds of 512 kbps...new plans have FUP speeds of 1mbps

I'm on DSL_Unlimited_650_Combo, but problem is they CAP SPEED after 12GB :(

I would like to Upgrade with "Xpress+ Unlimited 699" plan, but don't know if they start charging Rs.180/- Extra for Landline or not?

UPDATE:- I got information from 1500 MTNL Call Center that the download/upload speed will be REDUCED after FUP with "Xpress + Unlimited 699" Package as compare to "DSL_Unlimited_650_Combo" :(
They claim it will upto 1 Mbps afterwards (I'm getting see below) (NOT 1Mbps full)

2nd April 2014 Speed Test Result

http://mtnlmumbai.in/index.php/broadband-services/triband/unlimited-plans

The 2mbps 12 gb plan and 1mbps after FUP plan is 699.

And 1/1.5mbps unlimited (NO FUP) plan is 550.

Last edited:
Back