Online Game Deals - Steam, Amazon, Origin, GOG, Humble Bundles

^^ You meant the gamer's in India screwed it up by preferring to pirate games even when they are available for as low as Rs 300 making the publishers reach the conclusion that special pricing is a futile strategy.

^^ Yepp... That also. I remember buying BFBC2 and GTA 4 as my first legit purchases back in 2008 - 09. I started buying my games after that. Also, the fact that that was the year I started working after graduation helped.

However, I see that the common mentality here is to just get the games from elsewhere due to the lack of awareness, money etc. These companies should have been more patient with us in keeping the prices low to encourage more people to buy the games. In my mind it seems like if they were not making money before reducing the prices and if they did not make money during the low prices, they are still not making money by jacking up the prices. I will be surprised to learn that they are. Anyhoo, all this allows me to get away with mid range hardware as I usually buy the games during sales. True, I keep 1 year behind for games, but I run them well due to my current mid range system and further game optimisations after release. And it also means that I am never able to play call of duty, not that I mind it. :p

Yep! I detest such practices. Won't play this even though I loved the previous game.

Agree with you, unfortunately that is the trend the gaming industry is following. Anyways, I am yet to play the previous game, so will hold on till the price for this drops.

Bought Divinity 2 for under 1k on steam. Quite a nice game so far.
Lots of game breaking bugs later on. The developer is trying their best to fix them though which is a good thing. Patches are coming at a furious pace.

Have to admit though - the game is lovely and the emergent behaviour leads to quite a few laughs.

Back