Online Game Deals - Steam, Amazon, Origin, GOG, Humble Bundles

Rejoice everyone! GST is coming! 15% tax on Steam from March.

v8GsgGe.png
Any idea what was it before?

So now steam will be expensive than physical codes ? Like ubi games are 1799 same on steam so will tax now come on 1799. Digital will go expensive then :(

@Jc36 Is it mentioned anywhere it was 0% ?
Could be that publishers bear a part of the raise and keep the games at a slightly higher price.
It is only mentioned they will be setting VAT or sales tax at 15%. It doesn't mention the prices will rise. Lets wait and watch.
Still they should hold a sale this weekend :D

Check your Steam receipts. The tax/vat/st is always mentioned. There are no extra taxes currently. You can compare it with a receipt from EU. Whether the prices will rise or not depends on the publisher. Some might take a hit and adjust accordingly, some will just pass it on to the customers.

I don't think that they have even Asian servers, forget sg or India
Otherwise i would have bought bf1 @50% off

There are middle eastern servers, UAE servers, look for them after selecting Asia as your region in the server browser.

The pings are very good 45-60ms, but I noticed the other players have horrible pings which put you at a massive disadvantage.

There are middle eastern servers, UAE servers, look for them after selecting Asia as your region in the server browser.

The pings are very good 45-60ms, but I noticed the other players have horrible pings which put you at a massive disadvantage.
Why did they set up servers in UAE when Singapore is much bigger region for gaming and is used by mainly whole asia side
Can you give me ip of those servers so that i can check my pings from here

Back